• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Panama again.

coupla haters around here have tunnel vision on this one. or maybe its rectal vision. Fantasy Football has warped some thinking and expectations.
    Really? Read the posts, everybody has said, if Tutu beats out all comers, great. How is that vision for anything but what's best for the team? And WTF is fantasy football??

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Rectal vision ha, how nice. I suppose he had a plexi-glass bellybutton installed to over come his own anal view.
      naval gazing logo:
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Really? Read the posts, everybody has said, if Tutu beats out all comers, great. How is that vision for anything but what's best for the team? And WTF is fantasy football??
        I guess he cant read, i dont know. Nobody is hating on Tutu. I just dont agree with his take on the situation.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          My point was that he was a UDFA and hasnt done all that much in the NFL and he is judging a 7th rounder and a guy who has CFL experience that IMO is a step up from colllege and he is saying they cant possibly beat out Tutu who he has only a minimul body of work in the NFL...... and it isnt all that impressive.

I understand he had a game winning catch last year and thats great and im glad he made the play but you know......David Tyree still got cut from the Giants after his miraculous catch in the SB which was a play that usually fails. Teams are always looking to get better and Tutu is not untouchable.........is all ive been saying.

If Brown doesnt get on the field, he could be in trouble as well. He wasnt drafted or brought in by this regime.
          nobody ever said that and you keep making Straw Man arguments while so completely missing the main point of debate/disagreement- I have to think you are doing it on purpose just to stir the shit in this thread. It is really very simple describing Tutu's situation: "IF IT AINT BROKE- DON'T FIX IT!" What we have in TuTu is a 5th WR who has shown in real NFL games he can fill in on offense when someone goes down or we need a spot starter for a game here and there- and not be a liability holding back the offense and actually contribute with some plays, while at the same time being part of the glue they count on for Special Teams. He has chemistry with Rivers, knows our offense and doesn't make boneheaded mistakes hurting the team and isn't crying about playing time and isn't looking for a huge WR contract while always working to improve his game. In short, he is EXACTLY what you want in a 5th WR and there's simply no case to replace him or "upgrade" the 5th WR spot.

I understand Inmann and Reese have some potential and like Panama I expect the team will try to find a way to keep/protect Reese at least, to see if he can develop. IMO the problem is you and Blue are fixated on the wrong place for a roster spot for Reese and/or Inmann. For comparison on Defense, this would be like saying we need to "upgrade" Stuckey's spot with Darby or Chris Davis because they have potential and *might* have a higher ceiling, but again there is no need to bump a solid (though not spectacular) performer who provides veteran stability in a place it is highly valued by teams. There is a place for ROLE PLAYERS on NFL teams. Tutu sitting @ #5 on the WR depth chart while excelling on Special Teams is a prime example. It would take 2 roster spots to replace him and some people want rookies in both those spots. More likely that weakens the team than strengthens it.
          Last edited by SDFan; 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

no, that's not what everybody has said. You and BJ are actively promoting the idea that unproven prospects have a really good chance of unseating an established vet who brings a lot of value exactly where he is. I think you have it backwards- Reese or Imann has to convincingly beat out TuTu by a wide margin in preseason games and he is secure unless/until the others string together some spectacular performances in a couple games while not making mistakes hurting the team. There may be ways to keep Reese and/or Inmann, but I don't see it being at the expense of TuTu as the #5 WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

nobody ever said that and you keep making Straw Man arguments while so completely missing the main point of debate/disagreement- I have to think you are doing it on purpose just to stir the shit in this thread.
              Funny, i was thinking the same thing about you. You said
              Quote Originally Posted by SDfan View Post
              "upgraded" to WHAT and by WHOM? name the guys on our roster with a PROVEN NFL body of work that are going to sway the coaches to replace him.
              First i never said they were looking to replace him but Keenan Allen had no body of work in the NFL and is miles better. Your saying Reese and Inmann have no body of work so they have no shot to beat Tutu out which i say is not set in stone........but if they dont, its no big deal to me.

It is really very simple describing Tutu's situation: "IF IT AINT BROKE- DON'T FIX IT!" What we have in TuTu is a 5th WR who has shown in real NFL games he can fill in on offense when someone goes down or we need a spot starter for a game here and there- and not be a liability holding back the offense and actually contribute with some plays, while at the same time being part of the glue they count on for Special Teams.
              What your saying is stop trying to improve the team at WR because Tutu is good enough with his 61% success rate and few chances he gets. I say if they can find a better player, he can be replaced but it isnt what im hoping for. Competition is good and if somebody else wins his job, then he wins his job and it isnt out of the question that it could happen...unless our opinion is the only one that matters.

He has chemistry with Rivers, knows our offense and doesn't make boneheaded mistakes hurting the team and isn't crying about playing time and isn't looking for a huge WR contract while always working to improve his game. In short, he is EXACTLY what you want in a 5th WR and there's simply no case to replace him or "upgrade" the 5th WR spot.
              Then i guess Brown should be cut with his bonehead mistakes? Fact is if they find somebody who they think is better, that player will make the team over him. Good thing you arent the GM who wil settle on marginal guys. Sure Tutu isnt crying about anything, he is happy to have a job after sitting out of the game for two months.

Let me say once again......IF they can find somebody else who can play gunner...such as Grice who did it at AZ St....and IF they think Inmann brings more as a WR and Reese as well can return punts or kickoffs, then yes imo that makes Tutu expendable and to think he is safe in that situtation is ridiculous. Im not focusing on trying to get Tutu replaced. I had a scenario in mind and he was the guy i said could be on the bubble in that situation if they want to find a spot for Reese and Inmann shows well as a WR. Im not saying either are a lock and never insinuated that. Whoever wins out is fine with me. I dont care either way.

I understand Inmann and Reese have some potential and like Panama I expect the team will try to find a way to keep/protect Reese at least, to see if he can develop. IMO the problem is you and Blue are fixated on the wrong place for a roster spot for Reese and/or Inmann. For comparison on Defense, this would be like saying we need to "upgrade" Stuckey's spot with Darby or Chris Davis because they have potential and *might* have a higher ceiling, but again there is no need to bump a solid (though not spectacular) performer who provides veteran stability in a place it is highly valued teams.
              Not quite the same. Stuckey isnt a street signing for one. For another he is our best STs player, gets a lot more playing time and is the STs captain. Not really close to the same.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-31-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Is there really a raging debate whether or not Seyi Ajirotutu is likely to make this team or not? (and it seems to be an disagreement between yeah he will probably make the team and the he might be on the bubble stances which are practically the same thing)

We need some damn games already
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

no, that's not what everybody has said. You and BJ are actively promoting the idea that unproven prospects have a really good chance of unseating an established vet who brings a lot of value exactly where he is. I think you have it backwards- Reese or Imann has to convincingly beat out TuTu by a wide margin in preseason games and he is secure unless/until the others string together some spectacular performances in a couple games while not making mistakes hurting the team. There may be ways to keep Reese and/or Inmann, but I don't see it being at the expense of TuTu as the #5 WR.
                  No, that isnt what we are promoting. Go back and read them again. Your the one who is missing it. I said it is possible if they find somebody who can play gunner and the other two show well with more upside. I also said IF Tutu beats them out , then fine. I dont care who they keep. I said it at last 4 times now. Try reading the entire posts. Its not like we are saying please get rid of Tutu.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Um, yeah. Weird conversation.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

he is saying they cant possibly beat out Tutu
                      Go back and re-read. Nobody is saying that.

I understand he had a game winning catch last year and thats great and im glad he made the play but you know......David Tyree still got cut from the Giants after his miraculous catch in the SB which was a play that usually fails.
                      What's with the tunnel vision? Why do you guys keep emphasizing one catch in one game last season as if he's done nothing impressive as a receiver besides that? You do realize he's been on the team more than one season, right?
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

And WTF is fantasy football??
                        It's this thing where your bottom-of-the-roster WR can get 40 catches in a season.
                        Adipose

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          Go back and re-read. Nobody is saying that.

What's with the tunnel vision? Why do you guys keep emphasizing one catch in one game last season as if he's done nothing impressive as a receiver besides that? You do realize he's been on the team more than one season, right?
                          LOL, yes, well aware thank you. Again, ive got nothing against Tutu. I just dont think he is as valuable as you and SDfan think he is. Osgood did more his first two seasons here than Tutu has as a WR and is a much better STs player. Just saying if certain scenarios play out, he could be the odd man out. I dont see why that is so upsetting. He is a bottom tier WR. Those types get replaced all the time
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X