• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

How did Lamp / Pipkens look? I missed most of the game.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

A little more discipline on offense and things look very different, which is surprising with how many injuries we have to offensive players.

On the other hand, the defense is a much bigger problem.

We are gonna have to rely on the offense for a good while
      It probably helps that Rivers is our QB and our OL is at least decent at run blocking. The defense feels like it has the potential to do great like against the Lions. But it's marred by inconsistencies also. We need Tillery and Jones to step it up especially against the run. We've also lost some key players on defense especially On our secondary leaving us more exposed against the pass.
      Last edited by Xenos; 09-29-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        Pipkins only played the last few minutes of the game

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It probably helps that Rivers is our QB and our OL is at least decent at run blocking. The defense feels like it has the potential to do great like against the Lions. But it's marred by inconsistencies also. We need Tillery and Jones to step it up especially against the run. We've also lost some key players on defense especially On our secondary leaving us more exposed against the pass.
          I know it's early, but Jones hasn't shown enough progress IMO. Tillery looks undersized. Square flat out sucks. Mebane is over the hill.

We have a big problem on the interior line as usual. But we see the same thing every year and it's never addressed with a proven signing. On top of that Bosa seems to be the only edge player doing anything. Hopefully Lanier and /or peace can show something since Ingram is hurt and seems to be overrated so far.

So basically 25 percent of our front 4 seem effective. I agree that Bradley is gonna have to dial up some blitzes here and there, but that becomes a lot more difficult when we are getting run over in the ground game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I know it's early, but Jones hasn't shown enough progress IMO. Tillery looks undersized. Square flat out sucks. Mebane is over the hill.

We have a big problem on the interior line as usual. But we see the same thing every year and it's never addressed with a proven signing. On top of that Bosa seems to be the only edge player doing anything. Hopefully Lanier and /or peace can show something since Ingram is hurt and seems to be overrated so far.

So basically 25 percent of our front 4 seem effective. I agree that Bradley is gonna have to dial up some blitzes here and there, but that becomes a lot more difficult when we are getting run over in the ground game.
            Tillery at 295 is undersized? He isn't playing NT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Like the ProBowlers we know they are.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                Resign Peace. Get him off of the cut treadmill and see what he can do.
                Agree. Peace showed a lot in PS...had a couple of sacks...we need all the D-line penetration help we can get...call him up before he gets poached...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Good luck with Bradley blitzing...I was just listening to Tony Dungy talking about how the Bucs DC used a lot of different defensive looks to frustrate Goff, who threw 3 picks and had a fumble returned for a TD as the Rams lost their first game this season...why can't WE have a DC who does creative things like that???

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tillery at 295 is undersized? He isn't playing NT
                    At 6'6 (very tall for a DT), height to weight, he is considered lean at 295.

However you wanna spin it, the guy has been damn near invisible through 4 weeks.

Maybe he's just not ready, or maybe it's the lingering injury, but whatever it is, it's clear TT hasn't addressed the needs on the interior in the offseason as usual.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

:disco:
                      Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good luck with Bradley blitzing...I was just listening to Tony Dungy talking about how the Bucs DC used a lot of different defensive looks to frustrate Goff, who threw 3 picks and had a fumble returned for a TD as the Rams lost their first game this season...why can't WE have a DC who does creative things like that???
                      I watched the game. Bucs threw in blitzes on multiple occasions and it frustrated Goff. Was fun to watch. Sometimes they paid for it, but ultimately it paid off.

Bradley seems to hate adjusting or mixing it up. That's where I think he heavily relied on James at mixing things up and confusing opposing offenses.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

I agree the defense has been hurting... but man, with Facycon starting at CB, and Teamer at Safety... it's tough.

Would have liked to have seen more out of Bosa and Ingram, and now Ingram is out.

This team man.

I always enjoy watching Nwosu. He's good. Inman plays well with PR.

Honestly, with Gordon back, they can use Eckler in that slot/flanker position... he can do motions/end arounds/screens...
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                          I agree the defense has been hurting... but man, with Facycon starting at CB, and Teamer at Safety... it's tough.

Would have liked to have seen more out of Bosa and Ingram, and now Ingram is out.

This team man.

I always enjoy watching Nwosu. He's good. Inman plays well with PR.

Honestly, with Gordon back, they can use Eckler in that slot/flanker position... he can do motions/end arounds/screens...
                          Next man up. Time to see what guys other than Ingram can do on the edge.

Nwosu in some blitz packages occasionally could yield some results.

Comment

Working...
                          X