Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
      :disco:

I watched the game. Bucs threw in blitzes on multiple occasions and it frustrated Goff. Was fun to watch. Sometimes they paid for it, but ultimately it paid off.

Bradley seems to hate adjusting or mixing it up. That's where I think he heavily relied on James at mixing things up and confusing opposing offenses.
      They gave up 40 points and over 500 yards of offense. I hope Gus never uses that game plan.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They gave up 40 points and over 500 yards of offense. I hope Gus never uses that game plan.
        Hey, but uh...one small little detail...the Bucs won...just sayin'...

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Technically 34 points. I believe Winston threw a pick 6.

Oh and they created 3 picks and and scored 6off a sack strip fumble.
          Last edited by SDBORN; 09-29-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• boltedpride
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

No one really
            talking about Melvin's sitting out. I know the bolts want him to go through a week of practice before he gets into it and I can't believe I'm about to say this but... I don't want to see him on the field. Our flaws right now have nothing to do with the run game our season will come down to how fast can we get our defensive players back so we can stay in the playoff mix. I don't want Melvin. He says he's come back because the chargers are 1-2 what a laugh. All he wants is to try to look like a team player so he can make himself more marketable down the line. Trade him and get him out of here. Fill some of the holes we have with this trade. This guy is injury prone anyway and thinks he's Elliott from Dallas but he isn't. Save some money fill some holes and lose some drama

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Might need ole Gordo if we end up with an injury somewhere down the line this season.

Comment

• boltedpride
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Well if he isn't traded by deadline use him in garbage time or if we got an injury lol. He's dead to me

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  10 points. D today was fine.
                  Took the until the second half for the D to force a punt.

And the Dolphins gifted us with two missed field goals. If not for that, the game wouldn't of been as comfortable.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Took the until the second half for the D to force a punt.

And the Dolphins gifted us with two missed field goals. If not for that, the game wouldn't of been as comfortable.
                    So we would have only won by 2 TDs? We held them to 10 points, 233 yards of offense, had a pick and 5 sacks.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

At 6'6 (very tall for a DT), height to weight, he is considered lean at 295.

However you wanna spin it, the guy has been damn near invisible through 4 weeks.

Maybe he's just not ready, or maybe it's the lingering injury, but whatever it is, it's clear TT hasn't addressed the needs on the interior in the offseason as usual.
                      Not disagreeing, but the same can be said about everyone on that Dline. There is a bigger issue and I suspect it's in the secondary.
                      what I'm seeing in Tillery is that he isn't getting a lot of snaps for starters, and when he is in, he's getting neutralized bu double teams, generally "winning" single blocks as in he's getting to the qb/ball carrier just not fast enough.
                      He is also still adjusting his tall frame you mentioned, getting low in the pros is a whole step lower than in college, and of course some occasional rookie slips.
                      To me, he's not a concern at this time, it's our linebackers and depleted secondary that got a boast today from M. Davis.
                      Tillery will be fine imo
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hey, but uh...one small little detail...the Bucs won...just sayin'...
                        Yep they did, but I'm not sure how anyone could think 34 points and 500+ yards is any defense a team would want to emulate.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

So we would have only won by 2 TDs? We held them to 10 points, 233 yards of offense, had a pick and 5 sacks.
                          Apparently if our D doesn't spin the opposing QB on his head like a top every play, it's not doing it's job. Only game I have issue with the D so far is Houston, and everybody shit that bed. Plus both Detroit and Houston are legit this season so far, their respective losses inclusive, only thing that'll keep them from the playoffs is injuries. JMHO.

Comment

Working...
                          X