• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Technically 34 points. I believe Winston threw a pick 6.

Oh and they created 3 picks and and scored 6off a sack strip fumble.
    I'd rather have the Patriots d that held them to 3 in the super bowl but that was a very entertaining game

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

good game to get the ship turned around.... Dontrelle was a big positive, and agree that spreading the ball around was a key.... we did well w/that last year, albeit Whiz didn't stick to that for many of our losses.... Kendricks got a coupla few thrown his way +one for Culkin, Geremy got a couple and Patton four, Pope got a couple and Derek one.... would like to see that be the rule rather than the exception.... Phil can get it done.... 80 percent today (wow).

was nice to see some turnovers, and is DK our Xfactor in lieu of Derwin ??

good to see Tillery got on board w/a half sack, and more kudos to Ty Long.... also good to see that Adderly, Broughton and Tranquill saw the field, and that we got M. Davis back.

still got work to do w/Rosen hitting at a clip of 70 percent, and still got ?s w/our run D, and Ekeler goin' solo didn't fare so well.... fairly certain we'll be better of w/some MG3, albeit would still like to see some split back formation outta our offensive backfield before too very long.

think we've got some wind in our sails heading back to play Denver.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'd rather have the Patriots d that held them to 3 in the super bowl but that was a very entertaining
        Well beggers can't be choosers. And the Chargers look like beggers right now lol

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Well beggers can't be choosers. And the Chargers look like beggers right now lol
          Yep. The Bucs did get a lot of pressure on Goff

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Not disagreeing, but the same can be said about everyone on that Dline. There is a bigger issue and I suspect it's in the secondary.
            what I'm seeing in Tillery is that he isn't getting a lot of snaps for starters, and when he is in, he's getting neutralized bu double teams, generally "winning" single blocks as in he's getting to the qb/ball carrier just not fast enough.
            He is also still adjusting his tall frame you mentioned, getting low in the pros is a whole step lower than in college, and of course some occasional rookie slips.
            To me, he's not a concern at this time, it's our linebackers and depleted secondary that got a boast today from M. Davis.
            Tillery will be fine imo
            It's about more than a single rookie in Tillery as I originally mentioned in my post. The interior position on the dline has been a long and ongoing weakness for years. Point is that TTs addressing it through projects like Jones and Tillery and resigning an over the hill Mebane, is not really addressing it.

We needed an immediate impact in that area.

And you could say the same thing about Bosa getting neutralized. That should free others up but we still can't seem to get much pressure. So while I agree we have secondary issues, the dline is a weakness.

Texans gave up 10 sacks in first 2 games. They played us and Watson had all day. From what I heard they reverted back to oline struggles again today.

Dolphins had 3 new starters on their line today and I don't think we were exactly dominating their oline.

Find a way to dial up more pressure occasionally and slow down the run until James gets back, and the secondary will look better. Bradley is gonna have his hands full.
            ​​
            Last edited by SDBORN; 09-29-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Davis gave us about the same production as MW

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

rejoice fellow fans
                this was a trap game and the Chargers didnt fall for it

We all moaned last week about GusD not adjusting, then BAM 0 points in 2nd half this week. Sure it was Miami (the same team that started well vs Cowboys) and they are improving. Be happy with the win.

Chargers have the most injuries in the league, yet still sitting at 2-2. It seems like a sunny day for me. Good players will return and improve us more just like MDavis did today.

Love the pics Cat, that Culkin pass would have been a TD but he tore his achillies making the catch.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  Here's that play where KA got robbed of a TD. Here you can see that Howard is clearly reaching around and contacting Allen, who is just trying to fight the dude off, yet he gets called for offensive interference. COME ON, REF! Just let the dudes play!!!

image.png
                  That call was even worse than some of the robber calls that cost us a prior game. Worst call i've Seen all year. Allen is running straight and the defender grabs him from the side and then gets tangled with him trying to impede his route. Horrible lousy terrible awful no-good call, is what that is.

AL should have challenged it and forced them to uphold that shit in NYC. Pulled a, what, 70+ yard TD off the board?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That call was even worse than some of the robber calls that cost us a prior game. Worst call i've Seen all year. Allen is running straight and the defender grabs him from the side and then gets tangled with him trying to impede his route. Horrible lousy terrible awful no-good call, is what that is.

AL should have challenged it and forced them to uphold that shit in NYC. Pulled a, what, 70+ yard TD off the board?
                    Would not have been overturned. Allen lowered his shoulder and the defender ended up on the ground.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

This is good stuff, what I want to see from this team, the offense in particular...

"Obviously, they did all they could to take Keenan out of the game and he still found a way to make some plays," Rivers said. "You look at Andre Patton contributing with catches, Geremy Davis getting catches, Dontrelle Inman had a heck of a day.

"Lance Kendricks wasn't even here 10 days ago, and he's making third-down plays for us, caught the first pass of the game. Pope caught the touchdown, which was awesome to see. Just a lot of guys contributing."

:More Q Please:

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Also this...

The defensive effort was aided by the offense, the Chargers putting together a 16-play, 66-yard field goal drive that devoured 10:31 of the third quarter.

10+ minute, 15+ play drives - more of this please. :rimshot:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Would not have been overturned. Allen lowered his shoulder and the defender ended up on the ground.
                          Keenan tweeted after the game ,with the video and asked "how is this a PI on me? The dude grabbed me and fell down".

So the angle we saw it appears he lowered his shoulder but maybe it was because he was grabbed? IDK...all I know is it's the 4th TD called back.

Comment

Working...
                          X