• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree 100%. And we aren't one or two players away from being a legitimate contender so overpaying to try and salvage something this season by mortgaging our future draft picks makes zero sense. The team will also not just throw in the towel on a season, especially with the need to try and fill a big stadium next season.
    give us a real NT and someone @the OC, and personally like our chances next season.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

If we cut Thomas Davis before week 10 that would get the team a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for Tyrell Williams (as based on the formula he wouldn’t count against our net gains & losses which is currently 2-2), so that would be like a very good trade.

But I’m sure TT wouldn’t do it as it would highlight how bad the original signing was.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Here is my view on Trade deadline, and the Chargers being in the mix.

On trading for players to help us save this season....

No. Either we turn this thing around with who we have, get healthy, and finish strong...or we play out with what we have, identify needs, and have all our picks this next draft to address them.

On trading our own players for draft picks....

Who? Ingram may be the only viable asset that may garner interest...and I like him here...albeit it in a evolving role, and possibly restructured. MG looks like shit so far, and his greatest value is if he turns it around AFTER the trade deadline, lands a good deal next year with a different team, and nets us a 3rd round comp pick. TB is trash...has shown nothing in a long time. Okung, who I want to keep as a piece of a FA veteran revamped oline next year...even if we wanted to get something for him, what would we get? He is a big time medical risk...until he shows he can hold up the rest of the season...but by then, it's too late.

In short, and this may bother some people, who are hoping some kind of change can either save this season, or set us up with multiple picks for an aggressive rebuild next season...I'm afraid we just aren't going to be major players.
        At the same time, with that mindset, we will never be major players. At some point you have to make some aggressive moves and not just sit on your ass. Every year will bring it's own set of problems.

Next year will bring new cap problems - Rivers (do we keep him), Ingram a major cap hit. This is another reason I want TT to act now before it's too late and shop Ingram - it would be silly not to see what he could get us potentially before it's too late. He doesn't bring that much value to the defensive line for what we are paying.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

At the same time, with that mindset, we will never be major players. At some point you have to make some aggressive moves and not just sit on your ass. Every year will bring it's own set of problems.

Next year will bring new cap problems - Rivers (do we keep him), Ingram a major cap hit. This is another reason I want TT to act now before it's too late and shop Ingram - it would be silly not to see what he could get us potentially before it's too late. He doesn't bring that much value to the defensive line for what we are paying.
            I agree Ingram is probably the only likely scenario...but again, I would like to keep him, albeit restructured. I do agree he is a financial liability going forward...but am hopeful that will change in the offseason. I think he wants to stay here.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They were supposed to have him on a snap count but we had so few offensive snaps in the 1sr half they may have trashed that
              I actually wonder if that helped lead to his calf strain. Tough to keep your muscles warm and ready to go when you're sitting on the sidelines for so long.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I wouldn't mind seeing them make a play for Robbie Anderson. A highly underrated and underutilized WR who could give us the field stretcher we've missed with the loss of Tyrell. Poor dude's been in QB purgatory on the Jets. He'd thrive in this offense.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                  If we cut Thomas Davis before week 10 that would get the team a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for Tyrell Williams (as based on the formula he wouldn’t count against our net gains & losses which is currently 2-2), so that would be like a very good trade.

But I’m sure TT wouldn’t do it as it would highlight how bad the original signing was.
                  The thing is.. who would take his place?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I agree Ingram is probably the only likely scenario...but again, I would like to keep him, albeit restructured. I do agree he is a financial liability going forward...but am hopeful that will change in the offseason. I think he wants to stay here.
                    The problem with just waiting out another bad season, is that is exactly what Chargers have always done..... and it has been a huge failure..... The bigger issue is that this team has been around over 50 years with no SB championships and Rivers has maybe 3-5 years left (if the Chargers decide to actually protect him)..... the time to make moves was this season...... we could have acquired Tunsil..... or the WASH LT....... Rivers, when he has consistent protection(which he has very rarely had cause he's lived with some of worst OL's in history), Rivers have been nearly perfect and unstoppable..... no matter who the receivers or RB's are..... waiting just wastes another year of Rivers' HOF career..... and some of us fans are not getting any younger........

draft choices do not help Rivers this year! if this was Rivers rookie year then sure, let's get more draft picks to build around Rivers...... but not at this stage of his career...... once Rivers is retired, we will have lots of opportunities to amass draft picks and start over......

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

It was such an obvious bad signing even when it happened. Why else would the Panthers let him go when he’s been there his whole career and was a big leader for them.

I used to compare him to Stephen Cooper at the beginning of the season but no, he’s actually far worse.

Veteran leadership isn’t more important than actual talent. Davis is a liability in both coverage and run.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Between him and Perryman, probably the worst two coverage LBs in the league. A bum QB like Trubisky was picking on Perryman, can’t imagine what actually legit QBs will do.

- 69-74 record
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Chargers need to be all over this. Not just for this season but for beyond because Williams still has at least another 3-4 years of quality play left in him.

Telesco needs to get off his ass and trade whatever it takes because he’s proven he cannot draft a quality linemen to save his life so you better acquire a proven one in a trade.

Dont care if the price is 2 first round picks, just do it. The Chargers will never draft a tackle and develop him to being good anyway.

- 69-74 record

Comment

Working...
                          X