• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Chargers need to be all over this. Not just for this season but for beyond because Williams still has at least another 3-4 years of quality play left in him.

Telesco needs to get off his ass and trade whatever it takes because he’s proven he cannot draft a quality linemen to save his life so you better acquire a proven one in a trade.

Dont care if the price is 2 first round picks, just do it. The Chargers will never draft a tackle and develop him to being good anyway.
    As I said before regarding Trent Williams (like with Ramsey), if the price is right he can be obtained. The "we're not trading him" stance only lasts so long. It will be interesting to see how much a team gives up to get him.

I would be absolutely shocked if the front office pursues him.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Other teams are obviously interested in getting better. TT obviously believes we're good enough with what we have, and what's coming off the IR.
      Most of us here obviously believe TT is wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Other teams are obviously interested in getting better. TT obviously believes we're good enough with what we have, and what's coming off the IR.
        Most of us here obviously believe TT is wrong.
        I don't believe TT believes we are good enough. I do believe TT will not overpay for players in a mid season trade.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
          From the @NFLGameDay Notebook: Expect the market for #Chargers RB Melvin Gordon to be active this week, as teams eye RB help. LAC will still ask a lot.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            From the @NFLGameDay Notebook: Expect the market for #Chargers RB Melvin Gordon to be active this week, as teams eye RB help. LAC will still ask a lot.
            When was this posted? The trade deadline is tomorrow at 1PM PST so there isn't much time for things to heat up.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Per NFL.com -

Redskins now open to trading tackle Trent Williams

Print
              • By Kevin Patra
              • Around the NFL Writer
              • Published: Oct. 28, 2019 at 03:23 p.m.
              • Updated: Oct. 28, 2019 at 05:32 p.m.

With the trade deadline looming, the Washington Redskins might finally be willing to part with disgruntled left tackle Trent Williams.

Per Chargeroo - Send them MG - let's get him TT

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't believe TT believes we are good enough. I do believe TT will not overpay for players in a mid season trade.
                Richardson is a long term answer vs a short term acquisition. His contract will be mitigated somewhat by Melvin Gordon not being on this team (here’s hoping) next year.

Having okung and richardson mid season would be the type of coup that could set this team up to compete this year and many down the road.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

TT doesn't know how to accurately value players so he might think he's not overpaying by not paying market value. Especially for positions that he himself knows that he can't scout or find talent at.

Pretty good article by USAToday on Telesco and his struggles with trades

Chargers general manager Tom Telesco’s trade history shows that they’re unlikely to make a big trade before the deadline.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

That would be fantastic if Gordon could be traded for something of value. You know, before he inevitably gets injured.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

TT doesn't know how to accurately value players so he might think he's not overpaying by not paying market value. Especially for positions that he himself knows that he can't scout or find talent at.

Pretty good article by USAToday on Telesco and his struggles with trades

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...underwhelming/
                      I'm not sure that article shows he struggles with trades. Rather, it says he never makes big trades and only minor trades for low draft picks. Whether people think he should overpay for instant gratification at the expense of future draft picks is a different topic. The Rams have gone all in and will be in a world of hurt in a few years when they have to let a lot of players go and have no draft picks to replace them. If they win a Super Bowl this year, you can argue it would be worth it. If they don't, and with that line I am high skeptical, than they gambled big and lost.

Comment

• Protect17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

As I said before regarding Trent Williams (like with Ramsey), if the price is right he can be obtained. The "we're not trading him" stance only lasts so long. It will be interesting to see how much a team gives up to get him.

I would be absolutely shocked if the front office pursues him.
                        You want Brady next year ? Get this guy .

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

That sounds like Ian is throwing something against the wall. I mean it’s not going to happen right? The way this season is going?

:idby:

Comment

Working...
                          X