• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post
    By not making some sort of move, they are effectively writing off the season. With all the chaos going on, they need to make some kind of move if for no other reason than to say the status quo is not ok. A trade for Williams would really help. Would it hurt the ability to sign everyone? Yes, but anyone who thinks Bosa will be a Charger after this contract is kidding themselves. Ingram has been almost invisible, so would it be a big loss to unload him? Hopefully they at least looked at a trade for Ramsey, otherwise they can expect Derwin to remember that and make it much more difficult to re-sign him

I would be very ok with dumping both coordinators if they aren't going to make player moves... Something has to give.
    Don't agree with any of this except for trading Ingram. Not signing Ramsey isn't going to effect Derwin at all.
    But I would like to see Telesco make a move of a weak area (OL)
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-15-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Trade for Cam Newton anyone? Go into the new stadium with him at QB. If not maybe go after Leonard Williams, give us somebody!!!!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

The eagles cut a great run stuffing ILB...... we should have signed him immediately at a cheap cost of no draft choices........ he's way better than all of our young inside guys..... after our horrible boring conservative low scoring offense our biggest problem is not being able to stop anyone from running at will...... the Titans will not make the mistake of not running the ball right at us all game long with RB's and QB who can also run....

We should give wash a first and gordon for trent williams.... Scott sucks as a LT..... Rivers needs a LT he can count on..... Chargers should also trade for a veteran center who knows what he is doing.....

Last week Rivers was looking at jailbreaks..... with PITT only rushing 3 or 4..... but our OL couldn't even slow them down.....

Chargers blundered majorly by not acquiring Tunsil.......

now is not the time to try and develop an OL..... Rivers won't survive that experiment..... he is getting the hell beat out of him...... The Chargers seem to love their OL as a run blocking line(but they suck at pass blocking), so that is why the majority of our offense is running ball snd dump offs to RB's..... very very predictable and easy to defend for any team that can tackle......

They chose not to extend Rivers for a reason and chose to spend a lot of stupid money on a backup QB who is more of a RB than a QB...... protect Rivers and we will never need the backup....

Our RB coach/HC Lynn said during one of his pressers that "maybe we should have started using the hurry up offense earlier in the game?"...... we should have done that starting game 1 of the season..... and in EVERY game...... our gameplan should be to score as many TD's as possible...... instead of trying to play slow, low scoring games that force us to play perfect to have any chance to win...... whenever we play a team that is struggling with scoring, we play down to their level.......... and dont score much either.....

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Next year is looking good for QBs and OTs in the draft. We cannot afford to give up a #1 in the midst of a lost season.

This team may be competing to get in the playoffs, but we are not a Super Bowl competitor. 0% chance of the Super Bowl with our injuries and performance to date.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Next year is looking good for QBs and OTs in the draft. We cannot afford to give up a #1 in the midst of a lost season.

This team may be competing to get in the playoffs, but we are not a Super Bowl competitor. 0% chance of the Super Bowl with our injuries and performance to date.
            I'm sorry but that is B.S. The Season is far from over and if we can win the next 2 games were back at .500 and can take it from there. James, Okung and Philips all should make a return and I think those players make abig difference.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
              Trade for Cam Newton anyone? Go into the new stadium with him at QB. If not maybe go after Leonard Williams, give us somebody!!!!
              Ah hell no! Cam is coming to a close himself. All beat up from running and scrambling with the ball. He hasn't been any good for few years now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I'm sorry but that is B.S. The Season is far from over and if we can win the next 2 games were back at .500 and can take it from there. James, Okung and Philips all should make a return and I think those players make abig difference.
                I just doubt Okung is coming back. I don't expect to see him at all this year.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just doubt Okung is coming back. I don't expect to see him at all this year.

Russell Okung will not practice today. He is day-to-day moving forward, Anthony Lynn said. #Chargers

Lynn says he is day-to-day. So yeah that usually means he's out for the season when Lynn says it LOL

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/st...065136640?s=20

Russell Okung will not practice today. He is day-to-day moving forward, Anthony Lynn said. #Chargers

Lynn says he is day-to-day. So yeah that usually means he's out for the season when Lynn says it LOL
                    I'm sure he isn't close to football shape but I didn't even see that about him. Id still be surprised if he plays this year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

The thing is that means nothing. Russell is far from out of the woods or from playing this season. Even if Okung can come back this season, or ever, there is no way to estimate his effectiveness or how long he can play.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

More of a forward thinking gamble, but if the niners think they are for real and were interested in adding M.Ingram, I would consider offering him for S.Thomas.
                        We'd probably have to retain some of this year's salary, but if they think the change of scenery and change in records might bring them even a situational sack machine for the stretch run and playoffs, for a guy they've never been sold on, I think it could be worth it to us too. We'd have a lot of time to figure out if the guy's got anything or not, and could always not pick up his option year if he doesn't show anything.
                        We'd lose a guy we'd probably have to cut, or restructure to keep next year (if we even think he's still worth it), and whatever production might come this year.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

I don’t follow the Vikings very much but from I hear is that they are a legit QB away from competing this season.
                          would rivers be interested in releasing his no-trade clause for a chance on a legit superbowl contender in Minnesota?
                          Jax got 2 first rounds for Ramsey
                          Id ask for 3
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X