• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If we went the fire sale route, I would keep Bosa. He's young, and we could rebuild around him.
    You're assuming Bosa will actually re-sign with us after he becomes a FA. And that's a mighty big IF.JPG

Comment

• Midwestbolt
      • Feb 2019
      • Midwest
      • Local 150 operating engineer.
      • Send PM

My hunch on the Oline situation:

Going into the season, the Chargers decision to somewhat stand put on the Oline wasn't that much of a shocker. You had Pouncy and Okung. Both solid vets. The staff had to be very optimistic on Feeney and hopefully an emerging Lamp. Schofield was ok. The Staff had to be fine with skill guys and no QB gets the ball out like #17. I'm sure they never saw the MG saga playing out the way it did. Of course the Okung situation was a shocker as well. HH going down and and injured MW makes more problems.

If it seems things keep staying status quo - Does that mean the Bolts are very confident Okung will be back week 7? Confident Lamp will keep trending up and a solid starter going forward? Pipkins? Schofield holding the fort on the right? Tevi still the weakest link. I think you can game plan for that. I'm fairly certain the Offense will be able to get out of this funk. MG back. MW will heal up as well as HH.

If anything, I think if the Bolts were wanting to pick up someone, a need on the Defensive side of the ball is more in order.
      Last edited by Midwestbolt; 10-11-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

I never liked that they stuck Lamp at guard to start.
        Would have like to see him have the opportunity to play outside and if he could not win the RT spot then move him to guard to compete for a spot.
        I think he would have beat out Barks if he had the chance. Perhaps avoided the injury because he would have been in a different spot at practice. I think his knee had someone fall on it.

Lamp goes on edge.
        In the corner.
        On coffee table.
        Not in the middle of room.
        TT, Lynn, Whiz don't no how a Lamp works.
        Sad.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You're assuming Bosa will actually re-sign with us after he becomes a FA. And that's a mighty big IF.JPG
          Aren't they all?

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
            Trade bosa, ingram and gordon to get a boat load of picks over the next 2 drafts. We wont or will not pay them so get what you can for them.
            We could trade James as well. Then trade all our first round picks down for 7th round picks. Then we could own the entire 7th round next year and have all those picks. It would be like Christmas at Pick n Save.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Do people really think this team would go into fire sale mode?
              Elite offensive linemen cost extra. Is that okay?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We could trade James as well. Then trade all our first round picks down for 7th round picks. Then we could own the entire 7th round next year and have all those picks. It would be like Christmas at Pick n Save.
                LOL..yep, trading away a #1 for a #3 and a couple of #7's from a Sammy Small School...sounds like good old Bobby Beathard...

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. I don't see him staying here either way.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Bosa goes where the money is. Will the Spanii put up the most? Undetermined for now.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                      East Coast Chargers Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                      • Send PM

We need to stock pile picks to be in the trevor lawrence sweepstakes

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
                        Trade bosa, ingram and gordon to get a boat load of picks over the next 2 drafts. We wont or will not pay them so get what you can for them.
                        If we're going to cut M.Ingram next year anyway to save 14mil, maybe he should be traded by the deadline.

Comment

• therber219
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Iowa
                          • Send PM

By not making some sort of move, they are effectively writing off the season. With all the chaos going on, they need to make some kind of move if for no other reason than to say the status quo is not ok. A trade for Williams would really help. Would it hurt the ability to sign everyone? Yes, but anyone who thinks Bosa will be a Charger after this contract is kidding themselves. Ingram has been almost invisible, so would it be a big loss to unload him? Hopefully they at least looked at a trade for Ramsey, otherwise they can expect Derwin to remember that and make it much more difficult to re-sign him

I would be very ok with dumping both coordinators if they aren't going to make player moves... Something has to give.

Comment

Working...
                          X