POLL: Bolts Are Tanking...What Changes Need To Be Made?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We didn't have Henry at all last season. Okung hasn't been here this season. Idk what happened to Pouncey today but sure glad they locked him up for next season.*♂️. Everybody else you mentioned is auxiliary. Rivers, Ekeler, Gordon, Keenan and MW are the go to guys. None of them got it done today
    We didn't have Henry last year, but he was probably our second biggest weapon this year behind Allen and with Green beat up and Culkin out, we got 1 catch for 5 yards out of our TEs. Keenan seemed almost uninterested in playing today. I read Popper's post game article on the Athletic and Denver concentrated on taking away Allen and Williams by playing 2 deep coverage most of the game and forcing everything underneath and evidently our coaches plan was to hope guys broke tackles. Brilliant.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You are nuts if you think this team is one player away. Keep the draft picks and limp through the season.
      I'll place that wager.... gimme Derrick Brown in the draft and will speculate (not guarantee mind you) that the Chargers are likely for the SB in 202!

and agree that JT is not the problem, albeit he is not the answer either, and.... JJ is a backup rotational 3T, and ditto for Cortez.

and if and when Brown might replace Brandon, would also go out and sign FA Danny Shelton to replace Square.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

We didn't have Henry last year, but he was probably our second biggest weapon this year behind Allen and with Green beat up and Culkin out, we got 1 catch for 5 yards out of our TEs. Keenan seemed almost uninterested in playing today. I read Popper's post game article on the Athletic and Denver concentrated on taking away Allen and Williams by playing 2 deep coverage most of the game and forcing everything underneath and evidently our coaches plan was to hope guys broke tackles. Brilliant.
        How could a guy who's been IR'd the past 2 seasons be our #2 weapon? We may have high hopes for HH but it's not reality. Whatever the plan was today, it didn't work. We didn't break a single tackle all day. Not one. I was surprised Keenan didn't get more looks.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How could a guy who's been IR'd the past 2 seasons be our #2 weapon? We may have high hopes for HH but it's not reality. Whatever the plan was today, it didn't work. We didn't break a single tackle all day. Not one. I was surprised Keenan didn't get more looks.
          Not sure why you think that isn't reality. He was on IR last season with his ACL, but was back healthy and looking very good. It's not like he had a long injury history before this year so the team was counting on him.

The game plan was horrible and we seemingly made no adjustments - certainly none that worked.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lmao. OK. He been starting since he been here. He didn't need to be the #1 CB. He started out as the starting NB but Flowers kept getting hurt. . Which btw is another guy he signed to start.
            Regardless of what you think, all those guys were starters when he signed them.
            Point is none of them were impact starters except Okung and Hayward. And again, Telesco never in his dreams thought Hayward would be as good as he is, I don't even think Hayward thought he would be as good as ended up being. It was a bargain cheap signing that we got lucky with.

Regardless, 2 impact starters in 6 years is pretty fucking awful.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
              If any of it were to happen, I can definitely see the Chargers finally decided to move on from Whiz.
              tend to agree, and.... wonder when David Shaw comes up for renegotiation on the Farm ??
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

And somehow the team TT built was 12-4 last year and won a playoff game. Harsh reality - the team is wiped out by injuries. No way TT could see have forseen some of these issues. The Chiefs got wiped out tonight by injuries and scored 13 points in a home loss. I guess Reid and his staff should be fired too.
                Reid is brilliant......the chargers coaches are not....

Yes this team is decimated with injuries, but certain weaknesses were never dealt with in off season.... like having no real TE's on the roster, like having zero NFL quality OT's...... like having zero NFL quality LBers, like not having a good CB opposite hayward, ......like not having any speed at WR.........

The reason coaches need to be fired, is not about the results but its about the horrible boring predictable, plays selections, ....its about always milking the clock even when behind?...keeping the total score lower and reducing the number of possessions which keeps total score down and forces us to have to play perfectly for a chance to win......fewer possessions means any mistakes are magnified........ its about playing down to the level of any bad team we play....... we create stupid game plans that do not take away what a team does best....instesad we allow them do what they do best.....coach deciding to pass on a FG that would make the game a 2 score game?..... then call a 4th down sweep???.... Wiz runs the worst red zone offense I've ever seen...... keeps calling passes that are caught outside of the end zone.....hard to score TDs that way..... this team runs gimmick plays that it does not have the speed to run them...... we use personal in the wrong way...... we attack other teams strengths instead of targeting their weaknesses......

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Just watching the train wreck now
                  Was at the Zoo with my little girls during kickoff
                  best decision I've made in a while
                  I no longer want to trade for Ramsey
                  were too far off, he won't be the difference
                  changes are coming this offseason
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

So what your saying is we need a new G.M. cuz TT aint gonna do all that.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

This team needs to invest in Trent Williams. Go to the redskins and make them a real offer. He is better than any rookie we could get and he could help us right this offensive shit show and actually give Rivers the time he needs to throw. Short of that we stink and will have a hard time making the playoffs. Defensively we need Derwin back yesterday.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Interesting to note that this team hasn't had back to back playoff seasons since 2008-2009.

Regardless, it may be time to TRUST THE PROCESS very soon. We've all been waiting for that epic Rivers championship run but I don't think it's coming at age 38 especially with declining play, no matter what his diehard supporters will say. Which puts extra pressure on the rest of the team to have to play perfect, and they obviously cannot right now for a combination of factors.

I still think they can make a run at a wild card and we'll be in a better position to judge them later in the year when they are hopefully more healthy, but ultimately the goal should be a championship and I am not sure if that's in the cards. I just wish the FO would be more creative. Building thru the draft is fine....if you're nailing every single pick.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Yep all our weapons. Well, except for Okung, Henry, Pouncy for part of the game, Badgley, Inman, Jackson, Culkin, and Williams and TB played banged up. But everyone else.

Bottom line - Rivers has HAD MANY bad gameS, ESPECIALLY IN CRUNCH TIME, and we have little chance to win ever.
                          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

Working...
                          X