POLL: Bolts Are Tanking...What Changes Need To Be Made?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Lynn needs to threaten to promote everyone from the practice squad, replace many.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

just for comparison, a Packers friend was raving about their rookie GM's offseason.... loved the Smith signings @OLB.... "they lead, they pressure the QB, they get big sacks, and they changed the culture, attitude and togetherness of the D."

"and we thought S Adrian Amos was our best signing ?"

their rookie second rounder Elgton Jenkins has "taken over" at LG.

their #9 UDFA rookie lineman has come in @center and "performed."

they have three day three talents @RB, a FA @RG, after Davante Adams, some lesser names if that @wideout, and a coupla used cars @TE (Jimmy Graham/Marcedes Lewis), and.... they didn't spend any FA monies (like going after Josh Rosen to backup their @least recently, oft injured star QB.

Darnell Savage has made a huge contribution in the defensive backfield, Jaire Alexander was a risky (injury history) top shelf pick @CB that has wildly panned out for them, along w/having a nice mix of FAs and draft picks in their defensive makeup.... including a one Tony Brown, who couldn't crack our 53 and got signed away by Green Bay before we could stash him on our ps that year.

on the other hand, we did spend (big) money on a backup QB, did sign a LB at a position where we have a coupla few contenders already (White, Brown, Tranquill), and chose not to replace any of the likes of Brandon Mebane, Travis Benjamin or Damian Square, and.... while we did a good job of hedging our bets @QB, not sure how we did hedging our bets @RB w/our every down lead back MG3, w/MW @WR, nor w/the both of Okung and Pouncey, or w/Denzel @MLB ??

we def got thrown some curve balls w/Badgley, and our FO fielded that nicely w/the addition of Ty Long.... more curveballs w/Henry, Justin Jackson, Derwin, Culkin, Inman and Adrian Phillips.

our FO was/is well prepared @LEO w/Mel now out, as we have Nwosu waiting in the wings.

and we have no SS on the active roster atm, as Teamer is/was listed as a CB, and Pickett has been on and off our ps.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Lynn needs to threaten to promote everyone from the practice squad, replace many.
        He's like a bad boss who knowingly keeps paying the employee who is constantly showing up late and stealing company time. He's too loyal.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

He's like a bad boss who knowingly keeps paying the employee who is constantly showing up late and stealing company time. He's too loyal.
          Maybe Lynn is afraid of benching a vet due to lack of productivity, because he fears one or more of those vets could be infected with the "Barks Syndrome"...

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Lynn is afraid of benching a vet due to lack of productivity, because he fears one or more of those vets could be infected with the "Barks Syndrome"...
            Oddly enough seems like Ingram already is. More interested in his music than football from the looks of it lol

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

It's not any one thing.

A play here, a play there, and this team could be 4-1 or 5-0.

They're not... your record is what you are, but I think there is still time to right the ship. It's not like they are the Dolphins or the Redskins.

shoot, even the Browns... who had all the hype in the preseason. Yes, they have the same record as the Chargers, but they have looked terrible in 2 of them, and pretty bad in anther.

The Chargers aren't far off from being pretty good. Need some better QB play from Phillip. Need some better rushing as a team.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

These first 5 games were the easy part of the schedule we should be 5-0 or 4-1, but we are 2-3, the Miami game should of been the transistioning of players to get them ready for the hard part of the schedule which comes after Pittsburgh.

Lynn by injury only is putting players in that should be in Lamp got play time against Denver cause Pouncey went out and Feeney went to center. Lynn needs to get the youngsters in there period, the guys he got in are costing us big chunk plays.

Tevi & Scott you can't start both of these guys, but I say Scott has shown improvement versus Tevi who is just garbage, time to put Pipkins in unless they expect to have Okung back in week 7
                Schofield or Fenney I am not sure who is playing good out of the two, but it is time for Lamp
                Benjamin no more Benjamin on the field just have to live with Allen, Williams and Patton needs to step up, and hopefully Hunter Henry is returning soon.

On defense up front time to go with Tillery full-time with Jones, Mebane just come in when one of those guys need a blow
                LB's a whole lot less of Thomas Davis, more Tranquill and White
                Safety I don't know what film Lynn is looking at but Jenkins is not a Free Safety is not good in space, he may be average at best as a Strong Safety. If Adderly is healthy it is time to put him in, and wait for the return of Derwin James, and Jenkins back to the bench.
                Cornerback just pray our starters of Hayward and Davis stay healthy, because other than King who I perfer in the slot, there is no other corners on our roster worth putting out there.

Coach Lynn please make changes your young guys may make mistakes early, and will get better because they are just better players, versus the guys you put out there week to week who are average to below average and make mistakes week in and week out. Make the change now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

What OhioBolt said. Seriously.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Derwin James alone, and we are 4-1 or 5-0. Seriously...a lot less missed tackles and big plays, defense off the field a lot more, offense with more opportunities...that simple. Nevermind Mike Davis, Okung, Henry, a third WR, a healthy and ready to learn Adderley...an MG who attended training camp and is tuned up and in shape...this team is not the same team we all had our hopes on this offseason...we lost too much. But It's not over, for Christsakes...

Look...I admit. We don't have championship depth...our depth guys, on average, are too young, and being relied upon too heavily, too soon. But we don't need championship depth to win a championship. We just need to get healthy and hot the second half of the season. Right now it is about surviving until then, and I am disappointed in how it has gone so far...but to claim the season is over, or this team is a bust...just weak.

It isn't over yet...these are formative games, and hopefully the next guys up will have gained something from these losses...and the next 3 or 4 games...and our coaches will get their shit together...and we will get healthy...and go on a tear the second half, like we did last year.

Edit: By the way, my vote was for other...and my answer is don't change a thing yet.... How many midseason coach firings or QB benchings have led to playoff runs or Superbowls? I'm guessing not many, if any, and I don't see that helping here.
                    Last edited by Lone Bolt; 10-08-2019, 03:04 PM.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

By the way, Topcat....disappointed bro...one sided poll that assumes we are done. Really should have had a selection of "relax, it's too early to panic" or some such. But...free country and all.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        On defense up front time to go with Tillery full-time with Jones, Mebane just come in when one of those guys need a blow

Mebane is only a run stopper who comes off the field on obvious passing situations. The problem is Tillery is the only good pass rusher on the interior we have. We don't have another good one other than him. Tillery won't thrive like we want him to when the DT next to him doesn't take double-teams away from him. It doesn't help with the way Bradley likes to play defense.

Square is really bad. An overlooked bad player. He's the weakest link. Players like him is what's contributing to the talent issues on defense and hindering its potential to be better.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          By the way, Topcat....disappointed bro...one sided poll that assumes we are done. Really should have had a selection of "relax, it's too early to panic" or some such. But...free country and all.
                          I did include that last selection, "Other--see my answer." I guess you're feeling my frustration after watching this team look so good on paper, year after year, only to tank, either during the season, or in the playoffs. Especially frustrating is Rivers, making unforced errors, like that pick. Been watching this year after year. As I said in another post, Rivers reduced his errors considerably last year, but has now reverted back to his 2014-17 form when he threw up a ton of awful picks and literally lost games that were winnable, because he tends to panic under pressure...I honestly don't think Rivers will ever lead us to a SB, because he has a long history of meltdowns in pressure situations, either key games or playoff games. Hope he proves me wrong, but I frankly don't expect him to change now, especially in his older age...

Comment

Working...
                          X