• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
    Or Utah. The sports fans there support their college teams and NBA team (Jazz) pretty well so I'm sure they'd do the same for an NFL team.
    Well if they did relocate to SLC I could stay at my sisters place with her family. The only thing I question is SLC a big enough city to support an NFL football team. With that said I know Portland is trying to get a baseball team either by expansion or relocation so I don't think an NFL team here is on the radar list yet. In reality until this team does something significant in the playoffs then we will continue to see more opposing fans from the other team.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have only been going to games since the early 70s so I can't comment about the 60s.

San Diego has always been a bandwagon town with a ton of transplants that are fans of other teams. There were small windows of time when the team was really good that people jumped on the bandwagon. There were many more windows of sucking where people did not follow the team. That has always been reflected in the attendance and percentage of other teams fans at games. We had an artificial ticket guarantee in place for a while that inflated things. I had season tickets for 28 years and did not miss a single game and I totally disagree that when any team with a strong following like I listed played here that there was not a VERY large contingent of other teams fans here - even when we were good.
      Have you been to a game in LA?

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Have you been to a game in LA?
        No, I haven't. The thought of driving to LA 8 times a year easily convinced me to watch them on TV instead. I may go to one game in the new stadium just to see what it is like but have no interest otherwise.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, I haven't. The thought of driving to LA 8 times a year easily convinced me to watch them on TV instead. I may go to one game in the new stadium just to see what it is like but have no interest otherwise.
          There's no comparison. None

Comment

• Kraig1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Kingston Pa
            • Send PM

This is a little funny to me, obviously I never post, but I've never realized the age of some of you. A lot of you posters I have read from the other forum, but I always assumed you were young posters, that were LT era followers, but I've just realized, you are lifers! I thought being a bolts fan from 78 meant I was the old guy here, guess not. Point is, there is plenty of Charger passion here, if not you would not waste this much time! Thank you all for the Time, passion, and football knowledge that I lack, by giving such great fan info about OUR Chargers! About the post, I would love to see a blue sea show up for the home games, but I really don't care, as long as the Chargers are on my TV on Sunday Ticket. As a now Pennsylvanian, just give me my team and Bolt Up!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kraig1 View Post
              This is a little funny to me, obviously I never post, but I've never realized the age of some of you. A lot of you posters I have read from the other forum, but I always assumed you were young posters, that were LT era followers, but I've just realized, you are lifers! I thought being a bolts fan from 78 meant I was the old guy here, guess not. Point is, there is plenty of Charger passion here, if not you would not waste this much time! Thank you all for the Time, passion, and football knowledge that I lack, by giving such great fan info about OUR Chargers! About the post, I would love to see a blue sea show up for the home games, but I really don't care, as long as the Chargers are on my TV on Sunday Ticket. As a now Pennsylvanian, just give me my team and Bolt Up!
              I remember watching Hadl,Garry Garrison and Mike Garrett play.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

There's no comparison. None
                elaborate ... I've been to a couple of Charger games in S.D. and several in L.A. and vs. the Broncos it was close to a 50/50 - 40/60 split at both stadiums to my recollection

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm sorry, but seeing the soccer stadium awash in other teams' colors make me laugh. It's been one of the few silver linings to this season. I feel sorry for the players... but love seeing Deano get his karma on.

I started going to Chargers games in 1976. I never had season tickets but have been to 60+ games at The Murph. I never saw the visiting fans outnumber Chargers' fans. Of course I never went to a Raiders game...

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

elaborate ... I've been to a couple of Charger games in S.D. and several in L.A. and vs. the Broncos it was close to a 50/50 - 40/60 split at both stadiums to my recollection
                    Your memory is playing tricks on you. It was never close to 50/50 or worse at the Q. Never. The Broncos didn't even have 50% of the fans when they played in Super Bowls in San Diego and they played in 2

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kraig1 View Post
                      Yeah we're old AF. We've suffered. We're masochists for sticking with this team. It's like a virus

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Your memory is playing tricks on you. It was never close to 50/50 or worse at the Q. Never. The Broncos didn't even have 50% of the fans when they played in Super Bowls in San Diego and they played in 2
                        I remember going to the Broncos at SD and Chiefs at SD in 2014 and 2015 and it was at least 40/60 similar to Carson

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Yeah we're old AF. We've suffered. We're masochists for sticking with this team. It's like a virus
                          Old AF, but young at heart.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X