• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • assman3000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Ok, someone call Rivers and tell him hes benched this week.

Afterward Eli will txt Rivers "I know those feels bro"

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
      Ok, someone call Rivers and tell him hes benched this week.

Afterward Eli will txt Rivers "I know those feels bro"
      Within those texts:

"I wish I could play, even if it was in a Charger uniform" -Eli Manning
      "I know huh?" -Ben Roethlesberger
      "Both you divas won't last long behind this line" -Philip Rivers

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No, No, No, and No, but with the struggle at the goal line it maybe time for some Tyrod package on first or second down, but I doubt Wiz is creative enough to come up with anything, but this team needs more options as in run/pass threat QB the closer we get the more we struggle with this line and PS to Coach Lynn no Eckler inside the 5 or closer his fumbles have been killer.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          No, No, No, and No, but with the struggle at the goal line it maybe time for some Tyrod package on first or second down, but I doubt Wiz is creative enough to come up with anything, but this team needs more options as in run/pass threat QB the closer we get the more we struggle with this line and PS to Coach Lynn no Eckler inside the 5 or closer his fumbles have been killer.
          We did try a Taylor play on the goal line against the Broncos. It didn't work. Just like the other couple of times we tried it.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

If the plan is to tank the rest of the season, then yes, it's tyrod time

Comment

• DallasEire
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

I'm assuming not many people in here have actually witnessed "Tyrod Time". Other than the vice president to the assistant running back coach in buffalo - whom, Team Infinite Spanos Wisdom went on to make head coach -, the answer should be scheme to maximize the talent of a first ballot hall of fame QB.

However, we're likely running Wildcat by Sunday in an effort to shorten the game to ten minutes of real time for a 3-0 game - a jump ball that either team may win.

I will just mention one other thing about the vice president to the assistant running back's coach: For a coach who values the three pointer like he's the NFL's answer to the Golden State Warriors, we might want to question his talent evaluation in cutting a kicker that is now 47-50 three pointers. That Lambo move should really be scrutinized more by the fandom....

Anyway, likley that they're too banged up to practice this week. No matter, Kenny W and Gus B and the Boys likely have their London Game Deck ready to re-institute with a heavy dose of WildCat coming up

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post
                If the plan is to tank the rest of the season, then yes, it's tyrod time
                To be fair, seems like it can’t get much worse. Rivers isn’t the problem it’s the oline but rivers is a pocket passer who needs time and this oline has proven they can’t give it to him. Why continue beating a square peg in a round hole?

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

If we are indeed going to mail it in... Id rather see what i have in Stick than Taylor. Because if Stick with the starters sparks us he may keep us from needing to draft a QB. And at this point that is most likely where we are heading if this is Rivers last year. Of course im not a fan of benching Rivers. You just cant do that to him. He has played at a high level given the OL woes. That wont sit well with most fans.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    If we are indeed going to mail it in... Id rather see what i have in Stick than Taylor. Because if Stick with the starters sparks us he may keep us from needing to draft a QB. And at this point that is most likely where we are heading if this is Rivers last year. Of course im not a fan of benching Rivers. You just cant do that to him. He has played at a high level given the OL woes. That wont sit well with most fans.
                    Not to mention Lynn won't mail it in.

As Herm Edwards said, "you play to win the game" and that will be his mindset unless everyone is so banged up on offense he is saving Rivers from injury.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not to mention Lynn won't mail it in.

As Herm Edwards said, "you play to win the game" and that will be his mindset unless everyone is so banged up on offense he is saving Rivers from injury.
                      I know. Its base more on the idea if Rivers got injured and we are in a really difficult spot as far as making the playoffs. Id give Stick the ball. See what he can do. It doesnt hurt and it gets him some experience.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Another silly thread...

Yea, I get it. The season is in jeopardy. It may be over. But this isn't Rivers fault...though he has let himself get flustered, and is falling back on old habits he had outgrown. But he is still one of the better QBs in the league, if we can protect him. He is running for his live out there. But you don't bench him. He still gives you the best chance to win.

Sadly, I think a perfect storm of both injuries, and failed oline development, have put us in a rough spot. All we can do is hope that this shitty season develops some of the young talent we do have on this roster, and that we can be poised for a bounce back season. But it is gonna be tough fixing that line. So let's hope by the end of the year, at least a couple of these guys end up being pretty darn good...
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

No.

Rivers is the Chargers franchise QB.

Taylor is a good back up.

Stick is too green.

Rivers needs to play better behind an average o-line.

Every single game has been winnable.

Rivers has less margin for error.
                          So he can't get away with all these turnovers.

6 interceptions & 2 fumbles = 8 in 6 games. Too many to win consistently.

At that pace Rivers will have another 13 turnovers in the 10 games left.
                          That won't work. It will be 3-7 finish. And 5-11 record.

But, If Rivers can cut those turnovers down to 5 over those final 10 games.
                          They can finish 7-3 or 8-2. Yes! That's right. This horrible roster of a team with inept coaches can do that.
                          9-7 is probably 1 short of postseason, but may be enough.
                          10-6 and they are in the playoffs.

That is my prediction.
                          Rivers turnovers 5 or less over final 10 games = Playoffs.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X