Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I hate to say it because I don’t want to start a flame war by saying that your post is silly but you obviously didn’t read the original post. I never said it was Rivers was the problem, it’s obviously the oline and Rivers pocket passing style aren’t working, Taylor’s scrambling style would be able to save plays that are otherwise busted with Rivera under center.
    Your right....I didn't read the first post. My apologies. While your argument has some merit, I stand by mine. Benching Rivers would be a gut punch to this team.

Rivers needs to bolt the fuck up and play smart football...he has corrected himself before.

This line needs to bolt the fuck up, and protect him.

The defense needs to bolt the fuck up, and tackle.

Lynn needs to bolt the fuck up, and rally his players AND coaches to play inspired.

Tyrod would be a bandaid on a shotgun wound...not sold.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Your right....I didn't read the first post. My apologies. While your argument has some merit, I stand by mine. Benching Rivers would be a gut punch to this team.

Rivers needs to bolt the fuck up and play smart football...he has corrected himself before.

This line needs to bolt the fuck up, and protect him.

The defense needs to bolt the fuck up, and tackle.

Lynn needs to bolt the fuck up, and rally his players AND coaches to play inspired.

Tyrod would be a bandaid on a shotgun wound...not sold.

Lynn needs to make adjustments for sure from players who are on the field and benching Rivers isn't the solution. Why is Benjamin on the field and why isn't Tevi or Scott replaced, and why Teamer starts over Watksin at FS, more Tranquill and White all these moves are lack of moves is all on Lynn.

Last thing on Lynn is he is the Head Coach and he can difinitely tell his OC and DC to change the play calling up, like less long passes our line protection isn't capable, on defense come up with creative blitz package.

Lynn can get some things changed by bolting up like you said instead of just looking on at this mess doing nothing

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Lynn is not the problem... Fire TT and Whisenhunt first.

No to Tyrod...

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tough to keep watching Rivers have meltdowns every week. At least Stick gives us a QB who is a lot more mobile and can extend drives with his legs--something Rivers will never do.

Rivers under pressure--throws up a pick
          Stick under pressure--scrambles to move the sticks
          Rivers under pressure--has to take the sack
          Stick under pressure--does the counterattack!

Rivers gets clocked--gets back up.
          Rivers gets knocked down throwing it away--gets back up.
          Stick gets hit--becomes broken stick?
          Those legs are going to be extended on a stretcher with this lousy line... with Pouncey now gone, is turnstile tevi even still the worst?

If Stick gets thrown out there under these circumstances and doesn't get killed, does he get so shellshocked he turns into David Carr and ends up in the XFL backing up Coardell?

If the team has designs on trying to give him time to develop, this seems like a bad idea.
          But if they want to throw Tyrod out there and watch him get killed, ok, he's the most expendable and has been down that road before. I don't know if he'd be durable enough to survive 10 games of this though, so when he goes down, put MG at QB and we can wild-cat the rest of the season.

Comment

• pacstud
            Black Belt Poster
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Rivers is our QB until he is injured or not on the team.

/discussion

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Wow! This thread started on a ridiculous not very well thought out premise and has spiraled around and down the toilet bowl fast.

Fellow Bolt fans this season is frustrating for sure and testing our limits of patience but please lets not throw out all common sense and IQ just because the Chargers are falling apart.

Comment

• onthefence
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Hear me out, Rivers is the better QB in a bubble but he is not a better QB behind this Swiss cheese oline. He’s an accurate pocket passer but he needs semi competent blocking to hit his throws.

Taylor can move and throw, he’s obviously a worse QB but he’s a better scrambler by a mile.

If now isnt isn’t the time do we have a time for Taylor to try and do what Rivers can’t do, Make chicken salad out of chicken *^%#?

legit question and I love Rivers more than most but I also don’t want him to get injured and I’m not sure behind this line he gives this team the best chance to win as sad as that sounds.
                The guy has been a starter in the league for 15 years, has never shown any kind of 2:00 minute competence, still doesn't seem to under the intentional grounding rule, Is basically a statue in the pocket, has never been pushed or challenged at QB so he knows he can wing it with reckless abandon no mater how many end zone pics he throws and continues to make bonehead rookie mistakes. He was an excellent QB for this team but the bolts "window" with him at has closed a long time ago and his not being able to scramble and extend plays severely limited this teams success over the years. My opinions but I think I can look at them a lot more objectively now that they have been gone a few years. I don't think he is the main problem but I think he is more part of the problem than the solution. Why not give someone with young legs a shot? It sure couldn't hurt.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Part of me hope Rivers moves on to a team that actually knows how to block.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

/discussion
                    Yup. And the only way he is not on our team is if he chooses to retire.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                      Wow! This thread started on a ridiculous not very well thought out premise and has spiraled around and down the toilet bowl fast.

Fellow Bolt fans this season is frustrating for sure and testing our limits of patience but please lets not throw out all common sense and IQ just because the Chargers are falling apart.

I welcome all opinions but outright blasting the thread because you don’t agree with it is unproductive and frankly rude. This is how a flame war sparks, because our internal filter gets broken on the internet.

That being said ill move past your obvious flame job and try and address your disagreement with the premise.

I personally would hate to see Rivers sit but It’s not completely unreasonable to think a scrambling mobile web could have more success behind this very bad offensive line. Rivers is a great pocket passer, one of the best in the league currently, unfortunately pocket passers need time to make reads and throws. Now great ones like Rivers need less than others but they still need some level of protection.

This is oline has shown they can’t consistently give that to him, who is to blame for that is up for debate but not the fact that this oline can’t pass-block well at all.

A mobile quarterback can extend plays and allow great route runners like Allen and big bodies like Williams to get open and make plays where Rivers would have to dump it or take a sack.

Look, I get if you disagree but it’s disingenuous to say there is no merit to the idea.

Last edited by Budsman; 10-15-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

/discussion
                        Probably true but we do know Lynn loves his mobile QBs. It’s not completely crazy to at least talk about it.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Probably true but we do know Lynn loves his mobile QBs. It’s not completely crazy to at least talk about it.
                          I think there is zero question that a requirement for Rivers replacement is that he have some mobility.

Comment

Working...
                          X