Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
    Part of me hope Rivers moves on to a team that actually knows how to block.
    Ironically we play the Titans next
    imagine what Rivers could do behind that OL
    and run game
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tough to keep watching Rivers have meltdowns every week. At least Stick gives us a QB who is a lot more mobile and can extend drives with his legs--something Rivers will never do.

Rivers under pressure--throws up a pick
      Stick under pressure--scrambles to move the sticks
      Rivers under pressure--has to take the sack
      Stick under pressure--does the counterattack!
      Sadly true. Rivers best ally is actually a run game. We dont have that. I think are just better off using Ekeler the way we have and stop throwing away games forcing Gordon to get up to speed. He looks terrible. The fact we dont even adjust with a 12 personel package leaves me concerned about the coaching.

Problem is the only way you get Rivers out of there is if he gets hurt. I would spinkle in more Taylor/Stick as it stands now. With Rivers taking some series off.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ironically we play the Titans next
        imagine what Rivers could do behind that OL
        and run game
        They gave up 7 sacks last week, 11 tackles for loss and ran the ball for 39 yards on 21 carries. That's the OL you want

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They gave up 7 sacks last week, 11 tackles for loss and ran the ball for 39 yards on 21 carries. That's the OL you want
          Maybe we can get a couple sacks on them lol
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-15-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe we can't get a couple sacks on them lol
            Here’s hoping!

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I welcome all opinions but outright blasting the thread because you don’t agree with it is unproductive and frankly rude. This is how a flame war sparks, because our internal filter gets broken on the internet.

That being said ill move past your obvious flame job and try and address your disagreement with the premise.

I personally would hate to see Rivers sit but It’s not completely unreasonable to think a scrambling mobile web could have more success behind this very bad offensive line. Rivers is a great pocket passer, one of the best in the league currently, unfortunately pocket passers need time to make reads and throws. Now great ones like Rivers need less than others but they still need some level of protection.

This is oline has shown they can’t consistently give that to him, who is to blame for that is up for debate but not the fact that this oline can’t pass-block well at all.

A mobile quarterback can extend plays and allow great route runners like Allen and big bodies like Williams to get open and make plays where Rivers would have to dump it or take a sack.

Look, I get if you disagree but it’s disingenuous to say there is no merit to the idea.

My point is because we don't like what is going on (all real Bolt fans are sick as to how this season has unfolded) we don't need to go crazy and just start flinging ideas out there. Absurdity for the sake of absurdity is well, absurd.

Mobile QB's get sacked more than pocket passers, Mobile QB's because they leave the pocket are not subjected to the rule protections that pocket QB's get. Mobile QB's get hurt way more than pocket QB's.

I understand your frustration, I really do. As Bolt fans we just don't need to go crazy that is all.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

The way this season has played out we will be lucky to get a couple of pressures on them. Look how the Texans game played out. This team seems to be the "Cure that ails you." Haven't had a defensive TO all season, play the Chargers, haven't had a win all season, play the Chargers. O-line has been getting the QB killed for years, play the Chargers and get the career best protection. It has been a frustrating year for sure.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Their line gives up a sack on 14.22% of their passing plays. By comparison, the Chargers give up sacks on 4.78% of their passing plays.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tough to keep watching Rivers have meltdowns every week. At least Stick gives us a QB who is a lot more mobile and can extend drives with his legs--something Rivers will never do.

Rivers under pressure--throws up a pick
                    Stick under pressure--scrambles to move the sticks
                    Rivers under pressure--has to take the sack
                    Stick under pressure--does the counterattack!
                    :lol:

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Lost to the winless Broncos. Lost to a 3rd string QB. Outscored something like 38-0 in the first half of last 2 games. Lost to the Lions who are at the bottom of the NFC North, and still have to play the other 3 teams. And KC twice. And Oakland twice. Apart from last season, it's the same old story, and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of Rivers too. I love the guy and I'm sure he's tired of the same problems as well, but... need something new. Things are about to get even uglier when we start to play real teams that have their act together. Until something changes to spark a fire under this team, I'm just not interested anymore. Why should I care? Does anyone need to be worried about making a move that will upset the fans? What fans? Did you see Steeler game? Now should the Chargers go and bench Rivers? I don't know. I don't want to bench Rivers. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard a decision if he didn't have that games started streak. He'd have a much better chance of breaking Favre's record if he'd played his first 2 seasons. I don't really care about the streak or record anymore to be honest. I care about winning the division, making the playoffs, and winning the Superbowl. I don't see that happening right now. Getting to 6-10 might be too much to expect, the way they are playing. Typical Chargers will string you along with a win against TEN, then close losses to CHI and GB. Or they get blown out early like against the Steelers.

Do I want to see Rivers benched for Tyrod? No. I've seen Tyrod play, you know what you're getting. What I haven't seen is Easton Stick play with the 1's for a full meaningful game. Will he throw picks? Sure, every QB throws picks. Rivers early turnovers are spotting teams like 10 points to start the game. He also throws picks in the Redzone alarmingly often. Rookie QB's will make mistakes too. What I like about Stick is he was a proven winner in college. Will he be the next TB12 in the NFL? Probably not, but you'll never know until he gets his chance to play. And having a QB play whose name isn't Rivers, gives opposing teams a completely new thing to game plan for. Putting in a new QB can spark an offense. Eli got benched 2 games in, and he's won 2 Superbowls! Cam might lose his job to an undrafted free agent QB. Gardner Minshew, drafted 12 picks after Stick, beat the Broncos, and has a TD:Int ratio of 9:2. But I'm not ready to bench Rivers for Stick, not yet. If the season is completely lost by the time we play the Jags, then I think that would be a good time to make the switch, with 4 games left, 2 against the division. That'd be about the time Derwin comes back. Derwin back on D and a new QB. But if it happens sooner, I'm not gonna complain.

Call me when it's Stick time! Until then, I'll spend my time rooting for the 9ers because they draft who I wanted the Chargers to draft, and build the way I wanted the Chargers to build. And if the Chargers move to St. Louis, then the 9ers are my new team anyway. Lynn could learn a thing or too about energy from Saleh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                        Lost to the winless Broncos. Lost to a 3rd string QB. Outscored something like 38-0 in the first half of last 2 games. Lost to the Lions who are at the bottom of the NFC North, and still have to play the other 3 teams. And KC twice. And Oakland twice. Apart from last season, it's the same old story, and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of Rivers too. I love the guy and I'm sure he's tired of the same problems as well, but... need something new. Things are about to get even uglier when we start to play real teams that have their act together. Until something changes to spark a fire under this team, I'm just not interested anymore. Why should I care? Does anyone need to be worried about making a move that will upset the fans? What fans? Did you see Steeler game? Now should the Chargers go and bench Rivers? I don't know. I don't want to bench Rivers. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard a decision if he didn't have that games started streak. He'd have a much better chance of breaking Favre's record if he'd played his first 2 seasons. I don't really care about the streak or record anymore to be honest. I care about winning the division, making the playoffs, and winning the Superbowl. I don't see that happening right now. Getting to 6-10 might be too much to expect, the way they are playing. Typical Chargers will string you along with a win against TEN, then close losses to CHI and GB. Or they get blown out early like against the Steelers.

Do I want to see Rivers benched for Tyrod? No. I've seen Tyrod play, you know what you're getting. What I haven't seen is Easton Stick play with the 1's for a full meaningful game. Will he throw picks? Sure, every QB throws picks. Rivers early turnovers are spotting teams like 10 points to start the game. He also throws picks in the Redzone alarmingly often. Rookie QB's will make mistakes too. What I like about Stick is he was a proven winner in college. Will he be the next TB12 in the NFL? Probably not, but you'll never know until he gets his chance to play. And having a QB play whose name isn't Rivers, gives opposing teams a completely new thing to game plan for. Putting in a new QB can spark an offense. Eli got benched 2 games in, and he's won 2 Superbowls! Cam might lose his job to an undrafted free agent QB. Gardner Minshew, drafted 12 picks after Stick, beat the Broncos, and has a TD:Int ratio of 9:2. But I'm not ready to bench Rivers for Stick, not yet. If the season is completely lost by the time we play the Jags, then I think that would be a good time to make the switch, with 4 games left, 2 against the division. That'd be about the time Derwin comes back. Derwin back on D and a new QB. But if it happens sooner, I'm not gonna complain.

Call me when it's Stick time! Until then, I'll spend my time rooting for the 9ers because they draft who I wanted the Chargers to draft, and build the way I wanted the Chargers to build. And if the Chargers move to St. Louis, then the 9ers are my new team anyway. Lynn could learn a thing or too about energy from Saleh.
                        C-Ya

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

My point is because we don't like what is going on (all real Bolt fans are sick as to how this season has unfolded) we don't need to go crazy and just start flinging ideas out there. Absurdity for the sake of absurdity is well, absurd.

Mobile QB's get sacked more than pocket passers, Mobile QB's because they leave the pocket are not subjected to the rule protections that pocket QB's get. Mobile QB's get hurt way more than pocket QB's.

I understand your frustration, I really do. As Bolt fans we just don't need to go crazy that is all.
                          Ok I appreciate the opinion and it’s valid mobile QBs get sacked more. But mobile QBs also turn plays that would have been a interception or incompletion into yards more often than pocket passers.

I get that that you don’t like folks tossing ideas around for folks to talk about. In general the beauty of message boards is you can ignore the threads you don’t like. I get it if fleet decides that there are too many negative or crazy threads and asks folks to stop but as a general user of a message board the polite way to go about not agreeing with a thread is to ignore it.

Thanks! :hello:

Comment

Working...
                          X