• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DallasEire
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

With news AL has moved into O Coordinator role the line has moved to Green Bay - 17.5

Without ability to get off field against a team with the ability to spread field and grind out first downs i expect Green Bay to hold ball for over 52 minutes.

SD will run the ball on 15 of their 18 total plays in the game and go three and out on all six of their AL possessions. Gordon will have 12 carries for six yards.

Green Bay wins 41-0. There will be less Charger fans in Carson Junior High Stadium than Melvin Gordon rushing yards. After soul crushing loss, AL will fire his place kicker and name himself new place kicker, holder, and punter before abruptly firing himself as holder for Ray Finkling away another 57 yard FG attempt on 4th and inches.

One thing is now certain. There is no way Rivers plays into the new stadium. The over/under for Rivers passing attempts over the next eight losses is ninety-six or twelve per game. And Rivers, like all other true Charger fans will know this shit is not worth the commute any longer. Is Ronnie Brown still alive down in Alabama ( War Eagle ) somewhere? We need someone to run the fucking Wildcat.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post

I hear you man but then you just end up knocking on a real teams door and they expose you as a fraud.
      Best case scenario...and this is being optimistic, I know...is that we survive to the bye, and come back with a tuned up Okung, healthy Derwin James, healthy dline, a young oline tempered under fire and playing better...and MG III in game shape.

There is talent on this team. Get to the bye with as many wins as we can...and I'll take them any way we can get them...and maybe we can come down the stretch with some mojo.

But I will say this...coaching is an issue as well...in order to rip off a 5 or 6 game streak...and that is what it will take to save this season at some point...the coaches are gonna have to bring their A game as well. They must excel in preparation, motivation...and most of all...imaginative playcalling. When the other team knows what you are doing, an oline like ours gets exposed. When anything goes, it keeps the D on their toes. Right now, we got nothing to lose...and that is how we need to start playing, and play calling...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• DallasEire
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Play calling requires game planning. The only guy on staff that game planned has just been fired. Wiz not been great at all this year but in terms of game planning / strategy for play calling - Wiz playing Chess while Bradley playing checkers and Lynn.... well, he's over on the rug playing Lincoln Logs.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

We're definitely capable of beating the Packers. It took a couple of penalties for Green Bay to overcome Detroit. The Lions who we were beating for a while until bogus stuff happened to us. Green Bay barely got by Chicago. A Bears team who is the NFC version of the Chargers. We did well against the two NFC North teams who give the Packers fits.

Besides, Rivers will be determined to beat the Packers for once. I think he is.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            looking over the roster, eye see some clear and present adjustments that can be made:

on D would be playing Tillery/Broughton much more than Damion.

also have never understood how Roderic Teamer sees the field ahead of Desmond in our base D.

would move Rayshawn to SS and let King step in @FS.... don't care how good he is @nickel, we need him/his playmaking on the field for as many snaps as possible, and....

in nickel, am playing Jaylen Watkins @FS ahead of Teamer, and.... my dimebacker is Tranquill.

on O we need to predominately show a split backfield w/the both of Ekeler and Gordon in there as oft as possible.... along w/playing double TE sets rather than a third wideout.... (throw Virgi! the darn ba!!)

would also move Feeney to RG and Scho to LG.
            I'd like for Cortez to get more snaps too, but it won't happen because of the lameness of loyal Lynn and Bradley's outdated Seattle scheme which teams have figured out how to attack.

Broughton only has opportunity because of the injuries to Jones and Mebane. I hope he gets more spotlight. He missed the Bears game because of illness. Sylvester Williams has made a good contribution on the defense so far. I don't want the coaching staff to cut him.

Square has stepped up in the last couple of games. But I'm not fooled. We still need a better solution at NT.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              We're definitely capable of beating the Packers. It took a couple of penalties for Green Bay to overcome Detroit. The Lions who we were beating for a while until bogus stuff happened to us. Green Bay barely got by Chicago. A Bears team who is the NFC version of the Chargers. We did well against the two NFC North teams who give the Packers fits.

I haven't watched the Packers this season, other than the Chiefs game on SNF. What I noticed from that game was an offense that in many ways looked similar to ours. Running the clock down quite often, very slow moving in terms of pace, trying to milk TOP.

Rodgers was getting a good bit of pressure throughout the game from opposing defense, yet Moore seemed to have more time for a good portion of the game.

I don't like the way our defense matches up against the packers offense. We suck at getting off the field on 3rd down and if they move at that same slow pace, our offense could once again find itself with limited possessions.

I hope the firing of Whiz makes Bradley very uncomfortable and lights a fire under him. He needs to reinvent this defense.

​​​​​

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Winning TOP by running plays and getting yards makes sense to me. Winning TOP by wasting time every possession does not.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

But Gordon did hustle and make the stop which was a 4 point swing in our favor. Props to MG III for that.
                  True ... our new strong safety?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I'd like for Cortez to get more snaps too, but it won't happen because of the lameness of loyal Lynn and Bradley's outdated Seattle scheme which teams have figured out how to attack.

Broughton only has opportunity because of the injuries to Jones and Mebane. I hope he gets more spotlight. He missed the Bears game because of illness. Sylvester Williams has made a good contribution on the defense so far. I don't want the coaching staff to cut him.

Square has stepped up in the last couple of games. But I'm not fooled. We still need a better solution at NT.
                    If Cortez really had mono, he could be out for some time...like Darnold, even if he feels well, a swollen spleen is a big contact hazard....though not all mono patients experience that.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

the whole team is motivated, by different reasons but it is motivated.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

I'd like to see a running back pass to a TE or WR for a TD. It's been ages. Can Gordon or Ekeler pass the ball worth a damn I wonder?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          I'd like to see a running back pass to a TE or WR for a TD. It's been ages. Can Gordon or Ekeler pass the ball worth a damn I wonder?

Please don’t let Gordon try and throw the football.

Comment

Working...
                          X