• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El_Tee
    I’m No Noob
    • Sep 2019
    • Disney World, FL
    • Send PM

We can beat Green Bay. Not saying I’d bet on it, but we have the roster if we get it together for 60 minutes.

Here’s what I like:

Rivers won’t want to be shown up by Rodgers.

We have Supa back alongside Bosa, and Square back seemed to spark the DL too.

Okung made a big diff to the OL, and Packers pass rush shouldn’t be any harder to defend against than CHI was.

Opposing kickers seem to be snakebit when facing us. I think most every enemy kicker has had their worst game against us.

This is the national 4pm EST game so hopefully we will be motivated, unlike the Sunday night game vs PIT.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Like when Rivers threw for around 500 yards and still lost.
      Woodhead dropped the game-tying TD on the final series too. Then their DB made a great diving breakup on the last play. Classic game.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

the Lynn commentary is starting to sink in as eye go over results of late for the 49ers/Rams, as it seems clear as day that the likes of McVay and Kyle Shanahan are head and shoulders above our Whiz and AL.

should we be running more of a West Coast O ?? agree that less power running and more no huddle makes alotta sense.

personally also think we are much better off w/two back sets and/or double TEs, and not so much if ever a third receiver based on personnel atm.

and re: drafting/investing in tackles.... hopefully unlike w/Vea and Dex, that D. Brown is on the board when we draft, and.... again personally, prefer going after Andrew Whitworth in the offseason rather than Trent Williams now (not sold on his intangibles/mindset ?)

also woulda preferred we went Danny Shelton in FA rather than resigning Mebane and/or Square.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Woodhead dropped the game-tying TD on the final series too. Then their DB made a great diving breakup on the last play. Classic game.
          I remember Allen catching just about everything in that game

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

looking over the roster, eye see some clear and present adjustments that can be made:

on D would be playing Tillery/Broughton much more than Damion.

also have never understood how Roderic Teamer sees the field ahead of Desmond in our base D.

would move Rayshawn to SS and let King step in @FS.... don't care how good he is @nickel, we need him/his playmaking on the field for as many snaps as possible, and....

in nickel, am playing Jaylen Watkins @FS ahead of Teamer, and.... my dimebacker is Tranquill.

on O we need to predominately show a split backfield w/the both of Ekeler and Gordon in there as oft as possible.... along w/playing double TE sets rather than a third wideout.... (throw Virgi! the darn ba!!)

would also move Feeney to RG and Scho to LG.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Protect17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              I hate to be blunt, but there is no way in hell we're beating the Packers. Because that would mean we're a playoff contender. And we're not a playoff contender. Hell, outside of Bosa, we can't even tackle.
              You are spot on .I think that team is headed to the Superbowl and the chargers the lottery .Only a absolutely lost Homer thinks they don't hang 40 on this D .

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

You are spot on .I think that team is headed to the Superbowl and the chargers the lottery .Only a absolutely lost Homer thinks they don't hang 40 on this D .
                thinkin' I'm anything but a Homer, let alone an absolutely lost one, and.... will be very, very surprised if our Sly and his Family Stone don't cause a fair bit of disruption for Mr. Rodgers.

and got no problem w/qualifying for the lotto, but honestly not sure we're a lock for that either ?? ….(more snaps for Sylvester pls)

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                  We can beat Green Bay. Not saying I’d bet on it, but we have the roster if we get it together for 60 minutes.

Here’s what I like:

Rivers won’t want to be shown up by Rodgers.

We have Supa back alongside Bosa, and Square back seemed to spark the DL too.

Okung made a big diff to the OL, and Packers pass rush shouldn’t be any harder to defend against than CHI was.

Opposing kickers seem to be snakebit when facing us. I think most every enemy kicker has had their worst game against us.

This is the national 4pm EST game so hopefully we will be motivated, unlike the Sunday night game vs PIT.
                  Packers are quite beatable based on what we saw last night. Chargers will have to play mistake free football. I still wish this game was on the road.

Comment

• assman3000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Where do you get this? Wild speculation?
                    Watching the players for a month or so. Watching Rivers lose it on Lynn like he started to with Norv. there is a sense of urgency here as this was supposed to be our big push to the SB. We are doing the opposite and the few fans that came back this year,got excited for this season and purchased tickets just got the Charger reality check again. Now our team has to look like fools at their own home stadium, AGAIN.

That has to be very demoralizing for a player. The mental toughness you need to play 16 away games has to be unreal. Then your coach goes out there and manages a game like shit. Shows no balls. Never makes adjustments and has really never dominated very many games. That run we had last year was mostly luck on our side just like this Bears game.

If Rivers was 28-30yrs old then yeah, lets give Lynn a couple more years to sort it out, no need to panic. This could be PR's last year and our coaches and mgmt are pissing it away for us all and the players know it just like we do.

I hope Lynn can win them back. He seems like a good pep talker but we need to see a football mastermind on the field.
                    A Flukeless win against the Packers is a good start.
                    Last edited by assman3000; 10-28-2019, 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Rivers wasn't going off on Lynn, he was going off on the ref for not calling PI.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post

Watching the players for a month or so. Watching Rivers lose it on Lynn like he started to with Norv. there is a sense of urgency here as this was supposed to be our big push to the SB. We are doing the opposite and the few fans that came got excited for this season and purchased tickets just got the Charger Reality check again. Now our team has to look like fools at their own home stadium, AGAIN.

That has to be very demoralizing for a player. The mental toughness you need to play 16 away games has to be unreal. Then your coach goes out there and manages a game like shit. Shows no balls. Never makes adjustments and has really never dominated many games. that run we had last year was mostly luck on our side just like this Bears game.

If Rivers was 28-30yrs old then yeah, lets give Lynn a couple more years to sort it out, no need to panic. This could be his last year and our coaches and mgmt are pissing it away for us all and the players know it just like we do.

I hope Lynn can win them back.
                        A Flukeless win against the Packers is a good start.

Shit...I'll take a Fluke win anyday...we are due for more bounces from the football gods, while we get healthy.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• assman3000
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Shit...I'll take a Fluke win anyday...we are due for more bounces from the football gods, while we get healthy.
                          I hear you man but then you just end up knocking on a real teams door and they expose you as a fraud.

Comment

Working...
                          X