• Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Maybe this maybe that...

Rivers has 3 rush TD's in his entire career.
    Brady had 3 rush TDs this season.
    Why is it Brees and Brady pocket passers can do QB sneaks and rush for TDs but Rivers is all arm. Dont you think that might impact the game? If Rivers could do what Brady and Brees do with their legs on the goaline. They have score 20 more TDs with their legs than Rivers. Dont give me coaching or oline excuses. They are simply better with ther feet than Rivers and it impact the game.

I can appreciate Rivers and what he can do but also criticise what he doesn't do well. Ive always wanted him to be a little more careful with some throws and always wanted him to take off and run for a few yards and slide. These were the things I've critcised him for. I have thought if Rivers can keep his INTs under 12 per season and if he could get a rush TD per season that would change 8-8 or 9-7 seasons that are just short of postseaaon into 10 or 11 win season and playoffs.

And it always seem like the simplest way to do it.
    Every other idea was ...change all the coaches or adjust the roster or scheme or keep adding to o line (which can and did get injured) I have always thought, Rivers is the franchise QB why can't he ever do a fkn QB sneak for a TD. Why can't he run and slide, he has feet doesn't he?

Additionally I dont think Rivers has ever been as good with his poise, he can get a little frantic or spastic in certain moments and I don't see Brady and Brees losing their poise as often as it seems Rivers does.

So my conclusion is Rivers is a great QB but not quite as good as Brees or Brady. Others think he is as good or better. But the coaches and rosters of the other teams are better. Which is why I would love Brady to go to Chargers and Rivers to go to Patriots.
    I want to see how they do if switched. It could possibly settle some things fans argue about.
    I agree that not being able to run affects play calls in red zone..... but Payton and bellycheat are clearly 10,000 percent better coaches than Rivers has ever had..... having a great coach especially an aggressive one leads to a QB scoring way more points, way more yards, etc.....than most other QB's.....

Rivers is a much better passer than brees(this is what people said who actually witnessed Charger practices when Brees and Rivers were still chargers), but he has been on far worse teams with far worse coaches......

I agree... no QB is perfect.... except maybe Elway, had size could run, scramble, and throw farther than anyone...... has rookie year Elway was playing raiders and under a heavy pass rush..... scrambled back and fourth until he got trapped 30 yards behind LOS....while falling backwards while being tackled he there the ball with just his arm and completed a pass 40 yards past the LOS and on other side of field...... an over 70 yard throw, on the money..... greatest throw Ive ever seen......

all other QB's have flaws..... Brees lacks arm strength but going to NO meant he played indoors for all home games and half his road games....... so wind was rarely a factor..... also means hies receivers eriun all their routes on turf meaning no slips or falls and timing is the same on road as it is at home...... meaning brees can be blindfolded and hit some of those passes...... and he throws like a machine in terms of consistency.....

P. Manning was similar..... Brady is almost as good.... amazing considering he played most of his games out doors......

Rivers is close to those guys in terms of consistency, but really amazing considering his awkwardness, in throwing and running ...but what he did, he did really well....

I do agree... I would love to have seen Rivers play for better coaches/organizations and we may have seen much greater results......

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Mahomes 27 yard run at the end of the half was a great play made by a great player that lifted the chiefs team and lead to a super bowl berth.

in the stats it was a 27 yard run. I. The stadium and sidelines it was much more. To win in big games you have to believe you can do it and the chiefs believed 1000% from that moment on.

stats don’t tell the whole story. Sometimes it’s about the timeliness and greatness of a play
      You have got to be kidding me! I agree that sometimes stats do not tell the whole story, but this is a perfect example of how Mahomes gets overrated at times by some people. I would not call that a great play by Mahomes.

That was 99% a screw up by the Titans and 1% a good play by Mahomes. The Titans blew containment. Then, two defenders took what looked like a horrible pursuit angle, which allowed Mahomes to get upfield at the sideline for a bigger gain without being touched. Then, a slow defensive lineman that had run Mahomes down from behind inexplicably quit on the play while a secondary player butchered the wrap up on the tackle and allowed an average sized QB to push him back 5 yards as yet another defender shot two to three yards of air.

The Titans made some good defensive plays in the playoffs. That most definitely was not one of them. Mahomes has made some great plays since he has been a starter, but that was not one of them.

When I read people calling Mahomes great over plays like that, I am repeatedly astonished.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That was Humphries greatness. He could look like crap all game but make the plays when it mattered most. There is something definitely to say for that. He was one of my favorite Chargers. I still have my Humphries jersey from way back when.
        Humphries is one of the greatest Chargers ever, Period.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Rivers is a God. Flawless. Best QB in NFL history

Brady has cheating Belichek
          Mahommes is just lucky he is playing for Andy Reid.
          Rodgers low interceptions are because he is a pussy that lacks the guts to throw into coverage.
          Wilson is lucky to play for Carroll and have the Seattle defense and homefield advantage.

I could go on and on about how lucky all these other QBs are and how unlucky Rivers has been to play for such a poor organization and poor coaches and poor rosters. Literally the worst coaches in history of the world.

The Real Fact is that if Rivers played for Belicheat he would have won 10 straight superbowls at least, maybe more.

Its crazy how TPB fans just dont get that Rivers is the best QB the world will ever know. And any other QB would have been 0-16 last year with that horrible team.

Absolutely astonishing how clueless the Rivers haters are.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

You have got to be kidding me! I agree that sometimes stats do not tell the whole story, but this is a perfect example of how Mahomes gets overrated at times by some people. I would not call that a great play by Mahomes.

That was 99% a screw up by the Titans and 1% a good play by Mahomes. The Titans blew containment. Then, two defenders took what looked like a horrible pursuit angle, which allowed Mahomes to get upfield at the sideline for a bigger gain without being touched. Then, a slow defensive lineman that had run Mahomes down from behind inexplicably quit on the play while a secondary player butchered the wrap up on the tackle and allowed an average sized QB to push him back 5 yards as yet another defender shot two to three yards of air.

The Titans made some good defensive plays in the playoffs. That most definitely was not one of them. Mahomes has made some great plays since he has been a starter, but that was not one of them.

When I read people calling Mahomes great over plays like that, I am repeatedly astonished.
            Be astonished. You are in the 1% or less. And it’s not the successful 1% on this one

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Be astonished. You are in the 1% or less. And it’s not the successful 1% on this one
              Mahomes is the best player in the NFL.
              This was a play that only Lamar or Josh Allen could duplicate.
              The TD was the turning point in the AFCCG.
              Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-22-2020, 01:13 PM.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Only ones astonished are you and Alex Smith. And I’m beginning to think you’re one in the same.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Rivers is a God. Flawless. Best QB in NFL history

Brady has cheating Belichek
                  Mahommes is just lucky he is playing for Andy Reid.
                  Rodgers low interceptions are because he is a pussy that lacks the guts to throw into coverage.
                  Wilson is lucky to play for Carroll and have the Seattle defense and homefield advantage.

I could go on and on about how lucky all these other QBs are and how unlucky Rivers has been to play for such a poor organization and poor coaches and poor rosters. Literally the worst coaches in history of the world.

The Real Fact is that if Rivers played for Belicheat he would have won 10 straight superbowls at least, maybe more.

Its crazy how TPB fans just dont get that Rivers is the best QB the world will ever know. And any other QB would have been 0-16 last year with that horrible team.

Absolutely astonishing how clueless the Rivers haters are.

Also astonishing how the Rivers haters just don't understand that it takes an entire organization to win a Super Bowl. If Spanos owned the Pats and trotted out Norv and McCoy as their HCs, how many rings would they have? I'd say none.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Eli has retired

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Also astonishing how the Rivers haters just don't understand that it takes an entire organization to win a Super Bowl. If Spanos owned the Pats and trotted out Norv and McCoy as their HCs, how many rings would they have? I'd say none.
                      Except that so called Rivers haters have pointed out the FG kicking issues over the years, the lack of speed at WR or linebacker or lack of recieving depth at TE and all the injuries to o-line.

So called Rivers haters have opinions like......Franchise QBs should not go 11 straight years with no divison titles and get every excuse in the book as to why they can't lead a team to the top of a 4 team division. SMH

So we just don't see eye to eye on share of credit/blame.

But most of Rivers criticism by supposed hater TPB fans is coming from a place of love for football and wanting to win the division and get into the tournament.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Yep.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Except that so called Rivers haters have pointed out the FG kicking issues over the years, the lack of speed at WR or linebacker or lack of recieving depth at TE and all the injuries to o-line.

So called Rivers haters have opinions like......Franchise QBs should not go 11 straight years with no divison titles and get every excuse in the book as to why they can't lead a team to the top of a 4 team division. SMH

But most of Rivers criticism by supposed hater TPB fans is coming from a place of love for football and wanting to win the division and get into the tournament.

Which of the last 11 years did Rivers miss out? Your are covering an era of some real crappy teams around him, some real bad situations, and some over their head coaching staffs. That the Mike McCoy early teams were competitive is a testament of how good Rivers was....go back and look at those teams personnel.

Comment

Working...
                          X