• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

A lot of people were laughing at Chuckie when he first took the Raiders job. Not laughing now. They play tough and physical and ha e some good young players. Tough in the trenches.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Four pass defenders were constantly all grouped together in zone and not one of them moved up to a lone receiver. All FOUR of them stayed back (grouped together) when two could have stayed back to protect while at least ONE of them could have moved up to block the pass or get a ball jarring hit on the receiver. It looked PATHETIC! Bad coaching. Fire the DB's coach whoever he is.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
        Registered Dude
        • Sep 2018
        • Westminster, MA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
        Rivers didn’t do a post game presser.

Cant wait to hear about how we’ll play better with our backs against the wall.
        More back-foot lobs with his eyes closed?

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

We were down 10 to start the game due to that very gameplan you speak of. The ineptitude on offense has repeatedly put us in holes this season.

We can offset mistakes, or we can create more mistakes by being too aggressive with slow developing plays when the oline is struggling. It's a 2 way street.

This wasn't a good performance by the oline or by Rivers. Damage needed to be mitigated not compounded in this game with it being a one score game.

I do wish we utilized our players to their strengths more. Allen more underneath on quick slants in passing game for instance. He's quick but not fast.
          I agree....... what i was saying is we were playing worst pass defense in NFL, yet mostly what we did is run or attempt deep passing plays that took forever to develop..... shouting's;d have used a quick passing scheme getting 5 to 15 yards per play........

We can offset mistakes by going no huddle.... and wearing a defense out with a continuous onslaught of quick passes with quick runs mixed in...... point is dont waste time until you are upon by several scores..... Raiders are simply not good enough on offense or defense to survive that kind of attack......

and to compliment that we need to play a tough, aggressive, man to man press defense that takes away all the short easy passes....... and gives our pass rush a chance to force QB's like carr to panic and make mistakes....... instead of that conservative soft zone defense we have been playing....

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Why should expect the Chargers to do anything but Charger. It’s who they are. In the very nature and dna of the squad. A zebra can’t change its stripes. I’m just foolish to think it would be different

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              o

I agree....... what i was saying is we were playing worst pass defense in NFL, yet mostly what we did is run or attempt deep passing plays that took forever to develop..... shouting's;d have used a quick passing scheme getting 5 to 15 yards per play........

We can offset mistakes by going no huddle.... and wearing a defense out with a continuous onslaught of quick passes with quick runs mixed in...... point is dont waste time until you are upon by several scores..... Raiders are simply not good enough on offense or defense to survive that kind of attack......

and to compliment that we need to play a tough, aggressive, man to man press defense that takes away all the short easy passes....... and gives our pass rush a chance to force QB's like carr to panic and make mistakes....... instead of that conservative soft zone defense we have been playing....
              we are definitely on the same page. Valid points. The scheming on all sides of the ball is a big issue considering our weaknesses

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                A lot of people were laughing at Chuckie when he first took the Raiders job. Not laughing now. They play tough and physical and ha e some good young players. Tough in the trenches.
                I wasnt. I said then and stand by it now: Jon Gruden is a good coach. Mike Mayock is a good GM. Radiers will improve while Chargers continue to choke.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Lynn wanted to, unlike last year, not burn out before the playoff stretch run this year. He will get his wish.

MG III. The holdout was so, so costly to this team.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

The margin of error and perception is so small.

We get the defensive stop, it’s “the Chargers overcame their mistakes and are the team we thought they were”.

Yeah but in reality, they were the team everyone outside our earshot though they were after 8 weeks.

Green Bay was an anomaly. We really beat IND in OT and squashed Miami in the second half. Other than that, we just aren’t very good.

I liked our offense last week. I liked it in spurts this week as well. But we had some three and outs and still didn’t get in the end zone like we needed to. Common themes repeating.

This is just a sad day/ relaxing another season is truly over. For all we know, we beat KC next week and slap ourselves in the face a little more.

But this is what declining QB play looks like. This is Eli from afar. Seriously. It wasn’t the take charge, 5TD PERFORMANCE WE NEEDED.

It was a wake up call. Erratic. Way off. For huge chunks of the game.

Comment

• mecho
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                      The margin of error and perception is so small.

We get the defensive stop, it’s “the Chargers overcame their mistakes and are the team we thought they were”.

Yeah but in reality, they were the team everyone outside our earshot though they were after 8 weeks.

Green Bay was an anomaly. We really beat IND in OT and squashed Miami in the second half. Other than that, we just aren’t very good.

I liked our offense last week. I liked it in spurts this week as well. But we had some three and outs and still didn’t get in the end zone like we needed to. Common themes repeating.

This is just a sad day/ relaxing another season is truly over. For all we know, we beat KC next week and slap ourselves in the face a little more.

But this is what declining QB play looks like. This is Eli from afar. Seriously. It wasn’t the take charge, 5TD PERFORMANCE WE NEEDED.

It was a wake up call. Erratic. Way off. For huge chunks of the game.
                      I agree with your post i think Phillip's play has really declined this season. The offensive line hasn't helped but still these turnovers he keeps creating are costing us games. Time to draft a new QB and move on may as well tank from this point as i see Steelers and Bills taking the Wildcard spots.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Lynn wanted to, unlike last year, not burn out before the playoff stretch run this year. He will get his wish.

MG III. The holdout was so, so costly to this team.
                        The running game was good til we had OL go down. However, with Gordon kicking the rust off he is clearly a much better rusher than Ekeler.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

All the moaning and groaning about Rivers and the OL: I think this loss was on the D. We overcame the early lead to pull ahead in the 2nd quarter and then the defense caved in and gave them a TD just before the half. - Second half, same thing. The offense put together a nice drive to take the lead and the defense let them march on down to the winning TD.

What this team needs is a strong enough OL that we can build up a nice lead and those "cave ins" won't cost us the game.

Maybe next year?
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X