• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

The entire drive Rivers was as bad as he started this game. Holding the ball looking for deep shots and throwing it up up for grabs. When the o line isnt good!?

I'm having trouble blaming anyone but Rivers for that last drive. He threw all of those passes.

QB driven league.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
      Rivers gets the blame once again. Worst O-line in the league every year, and leads what should be a game winning drive with 3 minutes left, only to be let down by Gus' defense. What a joke.
      As much as I hated the prevent defense, that last drive was the most pathetic I’ve ever seen. There were shorter routes open with 3 timeouts. Just stupid. Rivers head was never in this game from the start.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
        That’s the season. Rivers up and down lost this game. The OL didn’t help. But he dug a hole very early.

We can point to the D not getting that final stop too. But it felt like Rivers blew it for the start and end of the game.
        As I've said many times, I seriously don't think Rivers is the one...he just has a meltdown under any pressure...if this was Brady with a minute left, I GUARANTEE YOU he fires off some short out routes, stops the clock, moves the chains, puts the team in position to kick the FG...all those long passes, dumb, dumb, dumb...if it was Stitch who dialed up those plays, shame on him. If it was Rivers who audibled into them, shame on him...

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

How can people NOT blame Rivers? He had an awful start and final drive. One minute and three time outs. It was awful. They didn’t sack him and he was off on every single pass that last drive FFS

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bad mojo wearing the powderblues in the shithole.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

That’s the season. Rivers up and down lost this game. The OL didn’t help. But he dug a hole very early.

We can point to the D not getting that final stop too. But it felt like Rivers blew it for the start and end of the game.
              Game was there to be won & the defense failed big time - they should have been rested. No excuse!

The offensive line was filled with backups. Insane to expect them to drive down field with no threat of running the ball. That they went ahead with 3 + minutes left was a great job.

Bradley screwed the pooch on this one.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Defense blew the game when it mattered the most. Henry gave up the pick 6, not Rivers.

Dude gets trashed constantly, when he always has the worst O-line and the most un-clutch defense most of the time.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

No need to vent.
                  Nobody to blame.
                  Just recognize that we need to go in a new direction.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

yeah, fucking Rivers... this one is on you.

I don't really what people says, this was the moment to put the team in your shoulders... failed big time. This was the drive of the season.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Turnover Battle lost. Game lost.
                      :deadhorse:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• QuackBolt
                        A Duck
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

That was the worst possible way to play those last 4 minutes.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Game was there to be won & the defense failed big time - they should have been rested. No excuse!

The offensive line was filled with backups. Insane to expect them to drive down field with no threat of running the ball. That they went ahead with 3 + minutes left was a great job.

Bradley screwed the pooch on this one.
                          Yep. Blaming Rivers for the loss is a cop-out for the ball-watchers.

Comment

Working...
                          X