First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I know there is talk of bringing Rivers back next year so our QB of the future can sit and learn from him. Rivers has shown he can read defenses pre-snap, but I'm not sure there is much more he can teach a young QB in today's league. To me that warrants no more than 5-8 Mil a year at this point.

If Rivers wants to take a huge pay cut so we can complete our defense + add to oline and have one last hurrah, then fine. Otherwise I don't think it makes much sense to bring him back for more than that.
    Rivers does have a lot of talent reading defenses...the only problem is, he takes so long to communicate the audible, that you wonder how much of that gets missed, especially with loud crowd noise...also, a lot of those audibles are negated by letting the clock tick down to 1 second, so the opposing D-line can just tee off...don't want Rivers teaching a rook how to sling it long into coverage, either...best scenario is for Rivers to retire and draft his replacement...

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ask yourself, the Chargers are paying Rivers $83 million over 4 years for slinging the rock repeatedly for picks that lose us games? Sounds like highway robbery to me...
    I know there is talk of bringing Rivers back next year so our QB of the future can sit and learn from him. Rivers has shown he can read defenses pre-snap, but I'm not sure there is much more he can teach a young QB in today's league. To me that warrants no more than 5-8 Mil a year at this point.

If Rivers wants to take a huge pay cut so we can complete our defense + add to oline and have one last hurrah, then fine. Otherwise I don't think it makes much sense to bring him back for more than that.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Anyone remember this River's brain fart from 2012? Peanut Head and the Donkey's stormed back & Rivers felt he had to make a play.

Image result for eric harris intercepts rivers gif

Everyone wanted him gone then!:facepalm1:

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post

keeps playing the way he is and it is deserved!
    For some of his throws, yes he absolutely should be criticized for. For crap like Henry falling down and people blaming Rivers for an interception, ignoring the horrible line or flat out making up shit like Rivers doesn't care any more - that is the bullshit that I hate.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post

Ask yourself, the Chargers are paying Rivers $83 million over 4 years for slinging the rock repeatedly for picks that lose us games? Sounds like highway robbery to me...

Leave a comment:

• jubei
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Totally looking forward to pages and pages and pages of Rivers bashing.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

To thrash or to bash......THAT is the question......
    Or...

To keep slinging the rock for a pick
    Or see what happens when we roll with Stick
    THAT is the question...

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied

Yes, we should just grin and bear it all the way to the end. Suck it up like buttercups. Just shut up and man up. Be stoic and watch him blow it. Don't expect anything better. It's the Charger way.

Leave a comment:

• Midwestbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

good point

it baffles me why Rivers chooses to throw bomb when Ekeler/Henry are wide open for 10-15 yrd gains. Thats rookie mistakes.
    Baffles me why people believe there were two 10-15 yd "gimmie" plays on the Patton INT, when there weren't.

I guess If all the defenders fell down?

Game tape don't lie. OTOH, certain hacks for the Athletic might. Don't buy it.

Leave a comment:

• La Costa Boy
    replied

To thrash or to bash......THAT is the question......

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Totally looking forward to five more games of Rivers to the other team.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Totally looking forward to five more games of Rivers to the other team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X