• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
    Don't blame Rivers. Don't blame the defense. Don't blame the O-line.

Blame me. The mojo ran out.

Someone else take the game thread next week and get us back on track. Run the table, and take the West.

Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
    I blame myself..... I saw in pre game that Chargers were wearing powder blues...... so I got out my old original powder blue Rivers jersey I bought right after we drafted him....... after the first 3 picks or almost picks, I switched back to my white Rivers jersey....... thought that had done the trick till the last drive......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      While the Oline had struggles, Phil stood there like a sloth, held the ball far too long, committed 4 turnovers (1saved by penalty), and was running the play clock down to 0 again.
      Do we need to draft/acquire a solid OT? Sure, but Phil played a Shitty game
      those long developing routes are part of a bad game plan..... which is on the coaching.......

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

those long developing routes are part of a bad game plan..... which is on the coaching.......
        Fire Shane?

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

No. While a play may have a deep route, very few only have deep routes. Phil missed many open WRs.
          Should we have helped out the OTs more? Fuck Ya!
          Should a veteran QB know the protections, players abilities, and have a clock in his head? Fuck Ya!
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

No. While a play may have a deep route, very few only have deep routes. Phil missed many open WRs.
            Should we have helped out the OTs more? Fuck Ya!
            Should a veteran QB know the protections, players abilities, and have a clock in his head? Fuck Ya!
            No more excuses for Rivers. It’s 13 years of excuses. Enough

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Did anyone notice that Lynn took the playsheet from th OC after the first 2 or 3 series?

Everything looked like a disaster from the very begining.

To think that some wanted Rivers to call his own plays... I never liked that idea, he was unfocused today , and yet he still left us in a position to win, however when the big boys separate from the small childs he took a side on the small child side, as he always do.That has been always my problem with Rivers.

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                Did anyone notice that Lynn took the playsheet from th OC after the first 2 or 3 series?

Everything looked like a disaster from the very begining.

To think that some wanted Rivers to call his own plays... I never liked that idea, he was unfocused today , and yet he still left us in a position to win, however when the big boys separate from the small childs he took a side on the small child side, as he always do.That has been always my problem with Rivers.
                He's had a call sheet since he's been HC. Every coach does. SS called the game, and it appears Rivers audibled a LOT.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

He's had a call sheet since he's been HC. Every coach does. SS called the game, and it appears Rivers audibled a LOT.
                  How often is Rivers changing the play and how often is he setting up the blocking assignments for the 3 backup linemen playing?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

The 'Fade weren't blitzing they were just abusing the tackles. I told my buddy midway thru the 1st quarter this game would probably come down to the final possession and ending on a Rivers sack fumble. Close enough.

The defense looked really good until the final drive.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                      The 'Fade weren't blitzing they were just abusing the tackles. I told my buddy midway thru the 1st quarter this game would probably come down to the final possession and ending on a Rivers sack fumble. Close enough.

The defense looked really good until the final drive.
                      What is really sad is they were down 2 defensive linemen for the game and still abused our line. Ferrell came into the game with one sack in 8 games and had 2 1/2 sacks and 5 pressures. Crosby had a half a sack and 10 pressures.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

While the Oline had struggles, Phil stood there like a sloth, held the ball far too long, committed 4 turnovers (1saved by penalty), and was running the play clock down to 0 again.
                        Do we need to draft/acquire a solid OT? Sure, but Phil played a Shitty game
                        Rivers had a bad game but come on the receivers were jogging through their routes and not getting open forcing Rivers to hold on too long or make contested throws. EVERYONE on this O deserves blame the line more than anything.

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Yeah, I also saw that, something was wrong last night, the receivers weren't on full force. Let's start blaming Lynn now for not getting his troops ready.

Comment

Working...
                          X