• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Rivers had a bad game but come on the receivers were jogging through their routes and not getting open forcing Rivers to hold on too long or make contested throws. EVERYONE on this O deserves blame the line more than anything.
    Henry fell down on the first drive that lead to a INT by the Raiders. Allen tripped twice in the Chicago game. This is something that's been going on with the offense.

The wide receivers coach, tight ends coach, offensive assistant, and quality control offense need to do a better job with the receiving corps.

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
      Don't blame Rivers. Don't blame the defense. Don't blame the O-line.

Blame me. The mojo ran out.

Someone else take the game thread next week and get us back on track. Run the table, and take the West.

Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
      Your to late you shoulda caught me last night............................................. ..

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Fire Shane?
        Norv disciple.

And it shows. It's like watching the 2012 team.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What is really sad is they were down 2 defensive linemen for the game and still abused our line. Ferrell came into the game with one sack in 8 games and had 2 1/2 sacks and 5 pressures. Crosby had a half a sack and 10 pressures.
          They were killing us with just a 4 man rush.

I don't know if that's worse or the fact that we kept running a bunch of slow developing plays.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            I see an OL that simply could not overcome the rush. But the more perplexing thing to me was zero effort to stop it. There are some bad lines in this league. But you will see some creativity with the RBs to overcome that. Let the blitz come and dump it off over the top to RBs. A lot of underneath stuff. We kept trying to run plays that needed time to develop. Have Rivers drop way back and pull in rushers. Hit Ekeler and Gordon and get some blockers out in front of them. I understand trying to set up play action with running the ball and we did that pretty well. But the passing game should have been more about compensating for the pass rush. There was really no diagnosis and correction. I just feel like we are sort of understaffed with the proper coaches at this point. Losing Okung really hurt....but it should be an utter failure when he goes out. So i dont know if Telesco just isnt getting the right guys or we cant get them developed. Or if our OL coach is just flat bad. I dont know.

Defense had nothing on the interior. It was bad. Davis looked terrible as well.
            Yep. What's baffling is that our ground game was actually working pretty well. All we had to do is to mix in a lot more short passes, as you correctly point out, and a few more screen plays. What killed us, especially at the end, were all those LONG pass attempts that fell incomplete, or got picked...

Comment

• AFCWEST
              Registered Chiefs Fan
              • Dec 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Thanks for standing up and taking the flag. Feel free to nominate someone. Others may nominate as well. 9-6 can win this division.
              Thats funny. 9-6 there are 16 games. 10-6 may win it but not likely.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Thats funny. 9-6 there are 16 games. 10-6 may win it but not likely.
                10-6 may get into the playoffs but if any of u think the Chargers are gonna run the table all I can say is pass the Dutchie

Comment

• AFCWEST
                  Registered Chiefs Fan
                  • Dec 2018
                  • Send PM

10-6 may get into the playoffs but if any of u think the Chargers are gonna run the table all I can say is pass the Dutchie
                  Chances of beating KC twice is about ZERO. Great rivalry. I have tickets for the last game of this season in KC. Flying in from So Cal to KC. Should be fun.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I see an OL that simply could not overcome the rush. But the more perplexing thing to me was zero effort to stop it. There are some bad lines in this league. But you will see some creativity with the RBs to overcome that. Let the blitz come and dump it off over the top to RBs. A lot of underneath stuff. We kept trying to run plays that needed time to develop. Have Rivers drop way back and pull in rushers. Hit Ekeler and Gordon and get some blockers out in front of them. I understand trying to set up play action with running the ball and we did that pretty well. But the passing game should have been more about compensating for the pass rush. There was really no diagnosis and correction. I just feel like we are sort of understaffed with the proper coaches at this point. Losing Okung really hurt....but it should be an utter failure when he goes out. So i dont know if Telesco just isnt getting the right guys or we cant get them developed. Or if our OL coach is just flat bad. I dont know.

Defense had nothing on the interior. It was bad. Davis looked terrible as well.
                    agree except to note they weren't blitzing. They were harassing Phil all night with 4 rushers. The play calling on the last non-drive needing just FG territory was really bad imo. had plenty of time to get 40 yards downfield with 3 TOs without just chucking ducks 25 - 30 yard prayer one after another. Especially with the rush getting to him, needed some relief valve passes to Eke or MG, ... something other than we saw.

Very bad fundamentals on OT - both sides. they weren't playing against Lawrence Fricken Taylor. Horrible technique - that imo is coaching?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

agree except to note they weren't blitzing. They were harassing Phil all night with 4 rushers. The play calling on the last non-drive needing just FG territory was really bad imo. had plenty of time to get 40 yards downfield with 3 TOs without just chucking ducks 25 - 30 yard prayer one after another. Especially with the rush getting to him, needed some relief valve passes to Eke or MG, ... something other than we saw.

Very bad fundamentals on OT - both sides. they weren't playing against Lawrence Fricken Taylor. Horrible technique - that imo is coaching?
                      I’ll take Ekeler in a one on one situation. I’ll take Gordon as well. We didn’t get either. He’ll, we could have run the ball.

OL coaching is disasterous.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                        glutton for punishment
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                        • Send PM

Unfortunately, the Bolts have a good enough team to win 6-8 games... which should put us firmly out of position to draft an impact QB of the future. We need that more than anything because this OL is years away from being good... which is crazy because it hasn't been good for the last decade. It would have been best for us to just tank... and then ideally trade down a few slots... still get the QB of the future AND get extra selects for OL. Also need to figure on life w/o Bosa. What a train wreck going into a new stadium. It all looked so good at the end of 2019... but typical injuries to key players and overall regression has left us in the middle of the pack... which might be the worst place to be.

Comment

• AFCWEST
                          Registered Chiefs Fan
                          • Dec 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Unfortunately, the Bolts have a good enough team to win 6-8 games... which should put us firmly out of position to draft an impact QB of the future. We need that more than anything because this OL is years away from being good... which is crazy because it hasn't been good for the last decade. It would have been best for us to just tank... and then ideally trade down a few slots... still get the QB of the future AND get extra selects for OL. Also need to figure on life w/o Bosa. What a train wreck going into a new stadium. It all looked so good at the end of 2019... but typical injuries to key players and overall regression has left us in the middle of the pack... which might be the worst place to be.
                          Cam Newton?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡