• Show
Clear All
  • El_Tee
    I’m No Noob
    • Sep 2019
    • Disney World, FL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You're probably right; if it was me, I'd like to bench Rivers just ONE game and let Tyrod and Stick split time; who knows, it might light a fire under Rivers, knowing there are actually CONSEQUENCES for his careless slinging of the rock...
    I wonder how much Rivers truly cares? I mean, I think he wants to win but it’s becoming obvious he doesn’t truly think he’s part of the problem. Deep down, I think he’s not concerned with his decision making skills.

Comment

• Protect17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

The GM is to blame period for hiring terrible coaches and assembling a horrific Oline .

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

I wonder how much Rivers truly cares? I mean, I think he wants to win but it’s becoming obvious he doesn’t truly think he’s part of the problem. Deep down, I think he’s not concerned with his decision making skills.
        I'm thinking Rivers has a real stubborn pride problem. Pride in the negative sense--putting himself and his selfish "hero ball" habits above that of the team. And this is costing us games. Seriously, if I'm Lynn, and Rivers continues to make such poor decisions, I bench him, and next man up...

Comment

• Joy Division
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Rivers spotted them 10 yes, but the D did little to save the game when it counted (when they were ahead late in the 4th).
          Everyone is to blame.
          p.s. The Spanos Clan are fools. Until that situation gets remedied, the Chargers will forever be Bush League tenants.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

blame %

45% Rivers
            35% O-line
            10% Defense
            10% playcalling

face it folks: Hall of Fame QB 16yr veterans dont miss open receivers and throw into double coverage when facing prevent defense.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              blame %

45% Rivers
              35% O-line
              10% Defense
              10% playcalling

face it folks: Hall of Fame QB 16yr veterans dont miss open receivers and throw into double coverage when facing prevent defense.
              Seen the same tendencies from him too many times throughout his career - a lot of fire, but loses his cool too often and is reckless when it comes to protecting the ball on too many occasions.

A pretty decent QB overall with the stats to back it up, just never been elite in my book. Yards aren't enough to win games.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

personally think it's folly to look much further than @the likes of Tevi, Pip and Scott, and not to mention our pass catchers who were without separation more oft than not.

a Raider fan friend of mine also noted that we were sleeping on their DB Harris, as he is their right place/right time safety (valve), and is fairly well thought of in Raiders circles.

personally would look Oline in FA, and pick up players that I thought were Chargers compatible.... (we're still riding the John Spanos learning curve here as he decides/figures out what our team's identity is).

far as I'm concerned, and w/all due respect to AL & Co., the biggest factor if I'm the aforementioned, is when does D. Shaw's contract expire ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                  blame %

45% Rivers
                  35% O-line
                  10% Defense
                  10% playcalling

face it folks: Hall of Fame QB 16yr veterans dont miss open receivers and throw into double coverage when facing prevent defense EXCEPT FOR RIVERBOAT RIVERS, The Gamblin' Gunslinger...
                  There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

It's tough to spot an NFL team 10 points in the 1st, especially one that is ranked 11th overall in offense.
                    Granted, the D did give up the late score but when you only allow16 points whilst you're on the field, that should be good enough to win most weeks.
                    Ultimately, it's he who shall remain nameless that is to blame.
                    Here's to 2020!

Comment

• AFCWEST
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2018
                      • Send PM

If Chargers beat KC on Monday Night they are still in this.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

I think Rivers is doing his best. It's people around him that are to blame. Like the complete patchwork oline. Sorry guys but that is HUGE. Brady, Brees, Stafford, Montana whoever. If you don't have a clean pocket you aren't going to pass effectively no matter who you are. As like every year it seems this team can't escape injuries. Blows my mind.

Comment

• Chargers33
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Given time Rivers is still a top flight QB that can get it done. If he gets hit early and loses confidence - especially on his blindside - he gets a little panicky. He is getting some age now and has been hit way too much this year. If he had decent protection and could trust his LT you would see a much different QB. You gotta admit, when Okung is not healthy our players at tackle have to be some of the worst in the league. How is that Rivers fault. He is a competitor and will always try to do too much when he has no choice, but history has show that when we give him decent blocking and support he can get it done. Shame on TT for ignoring the Oline again this year until the 3rd round, and then drafting another project - that stuff is not on 17. Dalton Risner was there, and actually fell to 41 - Once again TT could have dropped back, picked up some picks and still got some Oline help. Instead we sit there once again and take whats left - and don't make any more out of it than that. He had better get creative this off season as we have a bunch of needs. I like how he handles his business and does so with no drama - but don't like his predictability and unwillingness to move around (especially down to gain more picks) in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X