Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
    Rivers spotted them 10 yes, but the D did little to save the game when it counted (when they were ahead late in the 4th).
    Everyone is to blame.
    p.s. The Spanos Clan are fools. Until that situation gets remedied, the Chargers will forever be Bush League tenants.
    Phil didn’t spot them 10. 13 at least and 24 if we punch them in. Completely different game
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• assman3000
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

I can feel the mojo coming back... If i'm strong enough by Wednesday I'll put my name forward to carry the team.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

i feel rivers abilities now severely hamper what the O can do, and makes it much easier for D's to defend. they KNOW he isnt going anywhere so they can drop EVERYBODY back to cover. also, rattle him a bit, maybe talk some smack to him while doing so and he comes unraveled. I'm not saying to get a running qb, just someone who can get some yards from time to time. and it seems he's been locking onto WRs and hence why there were so many INTs. such a shame that so much has to go right for him to be an elite qb. give most any decent qb a lot of time and he will find an open receiver. but an elite qb will find his open receiver with less than stellar protection. dont need 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. ask Bosa about Brady. I used to be a rivers apologist but enough is enough...he HAS to take a lot of the blame and play A LOT better.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          i feel rivers abilities now severely hamper what the O can do, and makes it much easier for D's to defend. they KNOW he isnt going anywhere so they can drop EVERYBODY back to cover. also, rattle him a bit, maybe talk some smack to him while doing so and he comes unraveled. I'm not saying to get a running qb, just someone who can get some yards from time to time. and it seems he's been locking onto WRs and hence why there were so many INTs. such a shame that so much has to go right for him to be an elite qb. give most any decent qb a lot of time and he will find an open receiver. but an elite qb will find his open receiver with less than stellar protection. dont need 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. ask Bosa about Brady. I used to be a rivers apologist but enough is enough...he HAS to take a lot of the blame and play A LOT better.
          A leopard can't change his spots...similarly, Riverboat can't seem to stop panicking in crunch time and forcing the rock long into coverage for picks...it's what he does...

Comment

• Chargers33
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

As a 40 year fan of this team - Let's not forget that 17 has been a real trooper for this sad sack organization for the last 15 years. Most QB's would have left town long ago, and some (Eli) wouldn't even come here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              Brady isn't going anywhere either, neither was Peyton. Some of you act like a mobile QB is the only answer while the pocket guys keep winning Superbowls and the mobile guys lead the league in getting sacked.

Yes Rivers has to play better, that I'll agree with. But I'm not on board with those who think he is rattled. He has been in the league since 2004. He
              ​​​​​​is what he has always been and maybe sometimes relies on his WRs to make a play.

Which is why he should of thrown a couple to MW instead of Patton on that last drive. Patton isn't making a play with defenders with him.

In anycase, he had some underneath guys to throw to as well on the last drive.

I'll call a spade a spade but some of you are overboard with criticism of Rivers. But yes, he didn't play well in that game. Badly over threw Allen on the first INT.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-10-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

IMHO, Philip looks like a QB who has had enough and is losing that competitive fire. He may have just had enough of this franchise and is frustrated...he does look frustrated. I am ready for a parting of the ways. Maybe he could find success with a new team...a change of scenery. After what I saw of him Thursday, particularly that last drive when he seemingly had no interest in working the ball down the field with plenty of time and 3 timesout, I don't know how much longer I can continue to watch. We'll know more after next week's game. Or will we?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers33 View Post
                  As a 40 year fan of this team - Let's not forget that 17 has been a real trooper for this sad sack organization for the last 15 years. Most QB's would have left town long ago, and some (Eli) wouldn't even come here.
                  ​​​​​​Same. I see Rivers in Nashville next year. I think the same old same old has warn him out & a change of scenery would be good for him. May be good for the organization, too, at this point. Just, please, please, don't bring in Cam.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

​​​​​​Same. I see Rivers in Nashville next year. I think the same old same old has warn him out & a change of scenery would be good for him. May be good for the organization, too, at this point. Just, please, please, don't bring in Cam.
                    Haha. Second that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Or Mariota......but don't think Phil is going anywhere.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or Mariota......but don't think Phil is going anywhere.
                        Since, Mariota would get IRd on the flight over and never even see the field, I think TT would strongly consider him.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

I hate the let's take it one week at a time approach but to keep our sanity we almost have to do this approach .. here is a possible realistic take:

Play the Chiefs as well as we did against the Packers = W ... at Denver revenge against a bad Denver team = W ... at Jax play good enough ball to win at the end to offset the loss at Tenn = W ... Minn play good enough ball to win at the end to offset the loss to Det = W ... Play Oakland at "Home" in front of 2/3rds Raiders fans Rivers is hot instead of cold plus we hopefully have Derwin back = W ... at K.C. magic runs out = L = 9-7 ...

BUT ... could the Bills get cold and end up 9-7? yes ... could the Raiders end up 9-7? yes ... could the Steelers be 8-8 or 7-9? could the Titans be 8-8? yes ... could the Colts be 9-7? yes we have the tie breaker just as we would against the Jags in this scenario ... It doesn't matter the record of Ravens, Texans, Chiefs, Pats we want them to beat these wild card contenders ... it only matters about wild card teams, we have to just worry about the Bills who could lose at Cleveland today or if the Bills are def in then worry about the Raiders and they can still lost to the Broncos, Chiefs, NFC North, etc.

Go into the playoffs with lessons learned, healthy players back and go on a run!

Comment

Working...
                          X