AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

All over this one Steve.
    Thanks for mentioning.
    My brother was a Fighting Poet.
    Best team nickname ever.
    One of my sisters went to Whittier College...great little school...

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Lynn will only go as far as his coordinators take him. If he can't even manage the clock properly after several years, I have no faith he can choose good coordinators. He flat out sucks as a head coach. TT isn't much better as a GM.

The Chargers should actually bring in a proven head coach for once and let him choose his guys. But they won't most likely, because they're fine with mediocrity at best. That's how we got Norv, milk toast Mike and loyal Lynn in the first place.

If Spanos clan could only realize we are a lot worse than even mediocre they would pull the trigger and spend the cash to get a real leader who knows what he's doing. But based on history, I doubt it.

The sad truth is that the state of this organization from a fan's viewpoint is so much worse than even a 1-15 season in SD was. It really is the joke of the league. The owners don't care to produce a winning product and until they actually do what it takes to hire people who know what they're doing, we will be stuck in this purgatory. Our only other hope is that they sell the team or are forced to.
      Very well put. After watching this season it looked like Lynn lost full control of The whole team. The fact that Lynn never got Gordon to be great in any year is a concern. The inability to understand simple end of game time management shows his lack of Managing his Coordinators.

its clear Spani doesn’t have the cash to attract a great Headcoach and other staff. I wonder if his son is the only scout which explains a lot.

A lot of wasted talent has go through this organization.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

For what it's worth, Popper at the Athletic was asked about the coaching staff several times and thinks there will be no major changes on the staff. Gus will be back as DC, Steichen will be back as OC, Stewart will be back for ST. I think Lynn would be much better served by some new ideas but I don't expect it.
        If that is true then these owners are dumber than even I imagined.Way to make a splash for the new stadium and draw in new fans.Been a fan for a long time and I gotta say if the same f.o. and coaching staff is still intact next season gonna be real hard to muster much excitement for my team.Sucking this bad and not making changes is idiotic.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Nobody should consider themself safe IMO.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If that is true then these owners are dumber than even I imagined.Way to make a splash for the new stadium and draw in new fans.Been a fan for a long time and I gotta say if the same f.o. and coaching staff is still intact next season gonna be real hard to muster much excitement for my team.Sucking this bad and not making changes is idiotic.
            I just cannot believe that this ownership group or Telesco - or Lynn for that matter - would bring back the same coaches. Lynn said he wasn't going to do the same thing and expect different results. He needs to shake up the staff. I think Bradley needs to go. Promote Milus, or bring in Rex but that side of the ball needs a shake up.

Comment

• AFCWEST
              Registered Chiefs Fan
              • Dec 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

This is correct. Lynn and the staff will get one more year to right the ship.
              Thats great. As a Chief fan Lynn is so beat-able. Chargers roster has been really good and Lynn has made it average.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Nobody should consider themself safe IMO.
                is it safe 2.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  For fans or players topcat? Wasn't the answer no!

Image result for dustin hoffman tortured in marathon man

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Thats great. As a Chief fan Lynn is so beat-able. Chargers roster has been really good and Lynn has made it average.
                    This is exactly how I’m sure not just this Chiefs fan but the rest of the AFC West feels as well.

Maybe more so about Tom Telesco than Lynn.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      And I feel like I’m strapped in the chair.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Remember when Lynn was hired and his record showed that wherever he went, they had an elite ground game?
                        I guess that stopped here as a head coach.
                        so again I ask, what the hell makes Lynn qualified to be a headcoach??
                        sure as hell isn’t Xs n Os
                        or game management
                        or holding players/staff accountable

something about leading?
                        where is he leading us to next year?
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Remember when Lynn was hired and his record showed that wherever he went, they had an elite ground game?
                          I guess that stopped here as a head coach.
                          so again I ask, what the hell makes Lynn qualified to be a headcoach??
                          sure as hell isn’t Xs n Os
                          or game management
                          or holding players/staff accountable

something about leading?
                          where is he leading us to next year?
                          I think the hiring of Lynn had a LOT to do with his so-called "take charge" style, which the Bolt Brass apparently liked when he interviewed, after years of enduring Milktoast Mikey. There were reports that after the interview, the Spani and TT and others were going gaga over his style, with comments like, "now THIS is a coach." Unfortunately, style can only help you so much. Lynn may be able to give a good locker room speech, but I'm afraid his overall knowledge of football, especially creativity in play design and taking advantage of matchups, is sorely lacking.

For a while, some of these deficiencies were covered up by Whiz and Bradley. But now, even Whiz and Bradley, and Stitch, have all three shown to be old school football style, unable to evolve with the times, unable to adapt to increasingly complex and creative playcalling, game planning and matchup moves. In several games, they have been woefully outcoached. And the result is tired old, predictable playcalling, lack of creativity, lack of deception, lack of trickery, lack of the ability to run different plays from different looks. etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X