• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If that is true then these owners are dumber than even I imagined.Way to make a splash for the new stadium and draw in new fans.Been a fan for a long time and I gotta say if the same f.o. and coaching staff is still intact next season gonna be real hard to muster much excitement for my team.Sucking this bad and not making changes is idiotic.
    It's really seriously scary how cheap, stupid and unprofessional this organization is...... from stupidly moving to LA to always hiring the cheapest, worst possible coaches they can find...... its like none of them actually watch the team play???? ....or anyone else in the NFL.....

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Why the fuck is Telesco coming back? He hasn’t put together even a decent O line during his time here as GM.

I’d rather have AJ Smith back than another year with Telesco at the helm.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Might wanna change the topic heading from "We have to keep Lynn no matter what" to "The Spanos' and TT have to keep Lynn, no matter what," Or is that a given?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think the hiring of Lynn had a LOT to do with his so-called "take charge" style, which the Bolt Brass apparently liked when he interviewed, after years of enduring Milktoast Mikey. There were reports that after the interview, the Spani and TT and others were going gaga over his style, with comments like, "now THIS is a coach." Unfortunately, style can only help you so much. Lynn may be able to give a good locker room speech, but I'm afraid his overall knowledge of football, especially creativity in play design and taking advantage of matchups, is sorely lacking.

For a while, some of these deficiencies were covered up by Whiz and Bradley. But now, even Whiz and Bradley, and Stitch, have all three shown to be old school football style, unable to evolve with the times, unable to adapt to increasingly complex and creative playcalling, game planning and matchup moves. In several games, they have been woefully outcoached. And the result is tired old, predictable playcalling, lack of creativity, lack of deception, lack of trickery, lack of the ability to run different plays from different looks. etc.
          Well to be fair, what coach could make a running game happen with the OL we currently have?

Expecting much turnover, with coaches and players, hopefully for the better. I can see Lynn coming back and having better success with a different OL who could execute.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Well to be fair, what coach could make a running game happen with the OL we currently have?

Expecting much turnover, with coaches and players, hopefully for the better. I can see Lynn coming back and having better success with a different OL who could execute.
            Good point, there Blue. I think with a better O-line, our ground game would improve under Lynn. Now, as to how MUCH it would improve, hard to say. I still think if we roll with Stitch as OC again next year, we'll see more of the vanilla Norv and Whiz-inspired play calling...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I’d believe in him more if he had already fired his OL coach. Linemen are tripping over each other or standing all alone with arms up in the air in a “what should i do?” gesture as defenders crush the play somewhere else with an all too frequent regularity - bad coaching is apparent if not obvious if not blatant?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Remember when Lynn was hired and his record showed that wherever he went, they had an elite ground game?
                I guess that stopped here as a head coach.
                so again I ask, what the hell makes Lynn qualified to be a headcoach??
                sure as hell isn’t Xs n Os
                or game management
                or holding players/staff accountable

something about leading?
                where is he leading us to next year?
                he told spanos at the interview that developing young players was his thing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think the hiring of Lynn had a LOT to do with his so-called "take charge" style, which the Bolt Brass apparently liked when he interviewed, after years of enduring Milktoast Mikey. There were reports that after the interview, the Spani and TT and others were going gaga over his style, with comments like, "now THIS is a coach." Unfortunately, style can only help you so much. Lynn may be able to give a good locker room speech, but I'm afraid his overall knowledge of football, especially creativity in play design and taking advantage of matchups, is sorely lacking.

For a while, some of these deficiencies were covered up by Whiz and Bradley. But now, even Whiz and Bradley, and Stitch, have all three shown to be old school football style, unable to evolve with the times, unable to adapt to increasingly complex and creative playcalling, game planning and matchup moves. In several games, they have been woefully outcoached. And the result is tired old, predictable playcalling, lack of creativity, lack of deception, lack of trickery, lack of the ability to run different plays from different looks. etc.
                  Lynn wants to construct the offense in his own style: he's entitled to desire it. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the rivers/whiz style. As a running backs coach under ryan, he previously stated that he imagined himself as the the offensive coordinator.

The question is: how many good offensive coordinators come from the running back / full back perspective?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Thats great. As a Chief fan Lynn is so beat-able. Chargers roster has been really good and Lynn has made it average.
                    Roster isn't that good..depth is lacking.....and we beat KC last year in KC so......

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                      Why the fuck is Telesco coming back? He hasn’t put together even a decent O line during his time here as GM.

I’d rather have AJ Smith back than another year with Telesco at the helm.
                      AJ Smith road the coat tails of Schottenheimer.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I expect one or two changes: they still will be hoping on health & development.

Telesco and the scouting staff deserve the lion share of the blame, but Lynn is not a helpless bystander in the formation of this crappy oline.
                        The coaching staff has some responsibility in the selection, and complete responsibility in the development and eventual performance of the backups and young players.

Lynn has not demonstrated that he can properly oversee the development of offensive linemen - maybe that is coming.

New England reportedly liked Feeney.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Lynn wants to construct the offense in his own style: he's entitled to desire it. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the rivers/whiz style. As a running backs coach under ryan, he previously stated that he imagined himself as the the offensive coordinator.

The question is: how many good offensive coordinators come from the running back / full back perspective?
                          Bienemy was a RB...

Comment

Working...
                          X