• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

First year in the new stadium.

Lynn will have one more year. If he can't turn it around, he's gone.

Pretty simple.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
      Would be a bad move for Spanos to keep Lynn and company to start in the new stadium.

Take the hit and bring in a big proven name and let him bring his own staff, top to bottom.
      Who comes to mind?

will he cost too much and will he want too much control? Spanos want to know!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
        After what I saw at the end of the game Lynn can go that was bad and is a symptom of much larger problems.
        Lynn has been playing head games ever since he got here.

It started with Rivers, and then continued with his offensive coordinator.

If the results were there, i could endorse this type of behavior.

Part of the problem has been that any head coach here, including Lynn, cannot clean house and bring in his own staff.
        Imagine Schottenheimer going along with this!

Without Rivers, this type of style might lead to routine 4 - 12 seasons.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
          Would be a bad move for Spanos to keep Lynn and company to start in the new stadium.

Take the hit and bring in a big proven name and let him bring his own staff, top to bottom.
          I'm afraid big proven names aren't going to want any part of this situation in LA. Not to mention Spanos won't spend the money.

McDaniels would be ideal, but I don't see Spanos ever doing it.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I'm afraid big proven names aren't going to want any part of this situation in LA. Not to mention Spanos won't spend the money.

Money talks. And Spanos is gonna have to be willing to pay.

Having said that I'm not interested in McDaniels at HC

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Don’t agree with this. Coaches have egos and think they can fix what other coaches can’t get done. Living in LA and playing in a new stadium will be appealing to a lot of people - IF Spanos pays competively.

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

The sooner Lynn goes the better......he brings nothing to this team.....poor fundamentals, lack of creativity, , penalties galore, a pathetic OL that he defends.......now he is looking for scapegoats other than himself ( please note firing Wiz hasn't helped Rivers, OL or anything. Hell, his specialty is running game, ours sucks , lack of creativity, couldn't even run it in first and goal from the one vs Titans which started the downfall.....What does this guy, and his staff, bring to this team? BOLTS have lost to a multitude of bad football teams , including two to the Frickin Broncos, Steelers with a backup quarterback, the Raiderswho have gotten murdered the last few games....0-4 in Divisional play......just get rid of this clueless loser and his staff already please, can't get any worse than this shit.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lynn was hired with the caveat he could not choose his coordinators. Has that ever happened anywhere? Not sure I want to keep him, but I would also be kinda interested in what he would do with a team unfettered in his choices of coaches.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Lynn was hired with the caveat he could not choose his coordinators. Has that ever happened anywhere? Not sure I want to keep him, but I would also be kinda interested in what he would do with a team unfettered in his choices of coaches.
                      Happens by owners who want to get involved, no matter if they have any true NFL experience. Jerry Jones is an owner and is his own GM.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        First year in the new stadium.

Lynn will have one more year. If he can't turn it around, he's gone.

Pretty simple.
                        Telesco won't get fired as the Spanos' like having his strings to pull.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          I'm fine with keeping Lynn. I didn't take seriously the commentary to the contrary.

I thought it was inappropriate to demand McCoy's firing in year 3, after starting off strong like Lynn.
                          Wow..... so you actually like a coach who coaches his team to play up to competition or down to competition, and running out the clock even when behind..........so that all games, win or lose are close......
                          which by definition forces Chargers to play perfect mistake free football to have any chance to win......playing close like that against good or g=bad teams means that any small mistake can lose you the basll game..... Chargers do not have good enough personell or coaching to not make any mistakes.......

Chargers commit penalties, turnovers and other mistakes every game which means we are clearly not coached well enough...... Patriots, chiefs, and ravens do not make the same kind off stupid mistakes...... if one player was screwing it up, it would be on the player and can be cut...... but with mistakes from almost everyone, that is on the HC and has staff......

Comment

Working...
                          X