• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
    Rivers Suuuuuuucks .Go get Cam Newton who will be healthy for the first time in 2 years .Cam has actually made a Superbowl and won MVP two things Rivers will never accomplish.
    Well first off Cam Newton was in a superbowl because his defense was really good.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Bosa won't want to be here if Rivers is what they trot out .
      We should be throwing money at Bosa and not waiting. Time to start fresh sans Rivers at the new stadium

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
        We should be throwing money at Bosa and not waiting. Time to start fresh sans Rivers at the new stadium
        I would agree with you but honestly I see alot of our cap money going to improve our offensive line in free agency.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Rivers Suuuuuuucks .Go get Cam Newton who will be healthy for the first time in 2 years .Cam has actually made a Superbowl and won MVP two things Rivers will never accomplish.
          Just because the team is falling apart does not mean that the fan base has to fall apart. I mean whats next having Lynn come back and be our #1 RB next year?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Well, it certainly looks like the end is near for Philip. Just hope it doesn't get any uglier. With a better OL, he could probably keep playing, but the Chargers clearly don't care about that.

My first football game ever was NC State vs Duke in Rivers' freshman college season. Was hooked ever since. Watched all his games through college, and then watched every Chargers game since he was drafted in 2004. It's been like watching a 20 year long movie, always hoping/waiting for that happy ending. Unfortunately, it looks like that happy ending will never come. Some bad luck in the early years and playing for a terrible franchise have been more than frustrating, and too much to overcome. It's a sad and strange feeling knowing this is almost over.

And making things even more devastating is knowing how close Rivers is to getting 400 TDs and possibly passing Marino. Don't see that happening now.

Glad the bye week is here. I gotta get away from this game for a while.

Comment

• Fleet
                Fleet commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey man i just moved this post here. Rivers is a big story right now and we are going to get a bunch of threads started because its emotional. And i just want to try and keep it to one big discussion.
            • SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

bahahahahahahahaha!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

have a look and INDY.

Luck shock reitres, but since they have good O-line Jacoby actually playing well.

Tyrod could flourish here with the same treatment.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Send PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Chargers sign Marriota in the off season - and he completes w/ Tyrod, a draft pick and maybe even Stick....

Comment

• BlackMamba
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

As sad as it is to say, compared to other down seasons he's had in the past where clearly he didn't have enough help, he truly looks done right now. The O-line is bad, but you can't blame the O-line for every one his rapidly growing list of bad decisions made this season. It looks like his body can't keep up with his mind anymore, and he's seeing ghosts and panicking in high pressure situations more than ever. Quite frankly, he doesn't look like an NFL starting caliber QB at the moment, and I've never thought that before even at his worst in 2011 and 2016.

It's a cold business, but on top of his play, his contract would be coming off the books at the right time when we have guys like Bosa, Henry, and others to resign to big deals within the next year or two. Get your QB of the future in this upcoming draft, whatever it takes, and then let's pray we get a stud to regroup for that next 3-4 year window of contention. There is a strong supporting cast in place, Rivers just can't take advantage of it right now. Make some improvements along the O-line and get a healthy Derwin James back, then we're in the game again.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

During the game, the announcers stated that, according to nexgen(?) stats, only two other teams have given their QB more than 2.5 seconds to pass, more than the Chargers( basically saying that our O line is giving PR as much, or more, time to throw the ball than every other QB in the league, bar two)
                      Can that be possible? I'm not sure I've read 1 positive comment about our O line this year, and yet, according to some stat, they've provided Philip with enough time to get the ball out more so than just about anybody. Are the rest of the leagues O lines that much worse than ours?
                      TT has done a poor job building what we'd like to call a good line but comparitively, they're holding their own.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        During the game, the announcers stated that, according to nexgen(?) stats, only two other teams have given their QB more than 2.5 seconds to pass, more than the Chargers( basically saying that our O line is giving PR as much, or more, time to throw the ball than every other QB in the league, bar two)
                        Can that be possible? I'm not sure I've read 1 positive comment about our O line this year, and yet, according to some stat, they've provided Philip with enough time to get the ball out more so than just about anybody. Are the rest of the leagues O lines that much worse than ours?
                        TT has done a poor job building what we'd like to call a good line but comparitively, they're holding their own.
                        That doesn't sound right at all...but maybe it doesn't take into account pressure...he still holds onto the ball, but with pressure and bodies all around, making it more difficult to throw. I don't know.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                        X