• Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    I’d go after Teddy Bridgewater
    Yes I want proven qbs at this point,,,, pay the money,,, no time 2 develop a rookie im tired of loosing

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

IMO, he has been under duress so much that his mechanics are suffering even when not pressured.
      that very well could be the issue rich. but he's been in the league for eons now and is not a young kid who reverts to bad throws and mechanics cuz he hasnt had the time in the league to work on it. maybe he needs to get back with stitch and work on his mechanics again. wasnt stich his qb coach before becoming OC?

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

If we lose Rivers, use Taylor as a holdover for a rookie like Newman or whatever other talent they find.

Let Stick compete.

FA QBs are way too spendy. We have too many other needs.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Borrow will be a begal and we will trade up a little to get into the top 10 to get Tua (Herbert will go sooner)
          he will sit behind Taylor for about 5 games like Mayfield did in Cleveland
          Rivers will consider signing with a contender but ultimately choose to retire
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

best-case scenario...we suck eggs this year, get high draft picks, resign rivers to a measly 1-yr deal commensurate with his awfullness, he comes back next year and lights it up and wins big in the new stadium and rides off into the sunset. Pipe dream I know but I'd LOVE for that to happen. Bolts get a title and rivers gets to ride off into the sunset with a ring...shame that he doesnt have one as he was deserved of one up until this year. just trying to be a bit more positive after being so upset these last 2 weeks with his AWFUL play.

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Why would anyone still want Tua?

No. Frickin. Way.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Yeah i think drafting a QB is the way to go. And i agree trading up for anyone other than Burrow probably doesnt make sense. I have been banging the late round developmental QB for years. Its ok to draft a QB late and see what they have. Every other draft if you have to. Especially at the rate we miss on 3rd rounders. Might as well take a look at a guy like Dak. Who i really liked and said he would be a very solid QB. I think Hurts could be a Dak type. Better runner though. My point is just stand pat and get a guy who can move an offense behind a mauling OL and surround him with the weapons we already have in place. But build the OL. Build the foundation of the ship and then put your new captain on it. You cant navigate the rough waters of the NFL without the vessel that is the trenches.

Taylor may do some things for us. He can move first of all. So maybe he can manage under duress. But he has never had weapons around him like we have. He could easily run the Ravens offense. Thing is do we have the staff to implement an offense that best utilizes Taylor and Sticks traits? Pistol. Spread. RPO etc. Its just different and to have these guys come in and run Rivers designed O doesnt best suit them imo.

Rivers struggling isnt just on him. Obviously the OL is one contributor. But teams have an almanac of film on Rivers. Its no secret you rattle him and he will give up the goose. He has some negative habits. And they are deep since he has developed them for so long. Forcing throws when pressure isnt actually there. Choosing to make passes when throwing it away is best. He gets other focused. He thinks to much. Has to do too much. When this team ran through LT....and he was the one that won games for us...Rivers was at his best. The more he throws the worse he gets.

So you see fans ready to move on from Rivers. And if you dont really play it through in your mind....and you just expect things to get better without him? Be prepared for his massive shoes to not get filled right away. Even with a 1st round talent. Rivers has had an amazing career behind OLs that have never been great. He has had a few good years of OL. But mostly not. He has won us a lot of games that many QBs would lose. So dont be shocked if your wishes to move on end up biting you in the ass. The post Rivers era could be difficult.

At least rookie 1st round QBs are not costing 60M anymore.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                  Why would anyone still want Tua?

No. Frickin. Way.
                  Dr. Chau says we'll know all we need to know about the healing process well before the draft.

Specifically, there exists only one arterial pathway to the ball and socket.

Either the blood flow is there or it is not.

:couch:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Dr. Chau says we'll know all we need to know about the healing process well before the draft.

Specifically, there exists only one arterial pathway to the ball and socket.

Either the blood flow is there or it is not.

:couch:
                    Even if he recovers from this injury with zero long term affects, this is his 3rd surgery in 2 years. Not sure he can hold up, especially when the hitting gets harder and more frequent in the NFL.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Even if he recovers from this injury with zero long term affects, this is his 3rd surgery in 2 years. Not sure he can hold up, especially when the hitting gets harder and more frequent in the NFL.
                      Tua must get smart.

RG III or Kyler Murray, take your pick.

Even Wentz has been a little too rogue.

All I am saying is, don't shut the book closed.

Yes, LAC don't be a sucker.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I am not one who wants a "running" QB, just a QB who could make a play with his feet once in a while when the whole defensive backfield has their heads turned away from the line. I'd rather have a cerebral QB who is first and foremost a great passer but still has enough mobility to escape pressure and get some yards on a scramble. Aaron Rogers comes to mind in that respect. The other thought in my mind is I dont care if he has a 15 year career as long as he gets us the trophy. call me selfish but that's all I want...is that really all that selfish after all?

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Titans rumor is floating around Twitter again today. Nothing specific on sources as usual.

Comment

Working...
                          X