• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Because if Rivers is not a Charger next season then you have to draft his replacement and I don't want anyone but Herbert or Burrow. The only other possibility I see is them bringing in a QB to compete with Stick and Taylor, someone like Mariotta.
    There are others. Burrow scares me, though I don't see him busting at all.

Check out the Wake Forest kid...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Chargers have shown not to be intimidated by injuries when drafting Verrett, and Mike Williams all a roll of the dice

If we have moved from Rivers then yes pull the trigger otherwise the top OT with the number 1

6 teams in 1st round in need of QB
      Miami
      TB
      Cincy
      Denver
      Tennessee
      US

Top 5 QB
      Borrow
      Tua
      Herbert
      Fromm
      Eason

Don't jump on me but if Tua, Borrow, and Herbert are gone before we pick, what are your thoughts on Jalen Hurst maybe too high in 2nd round what about round 3
      From what little i've seen, i like Hurst. Definitely high in the 2nd round if you haven't drafted a qb yet.

Chargers should get 5, 6 or 7 wins. I'd anticipate they'll be selecting anywhere from #8 to #15.

Eason, Tua, Herbert.....i'd select any one of those qbs there; but if not, move up and get Hurst or Fromm.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

This is tough, both to watch and to see Rivers decline so fast. I think he's done next year. I feel with all the key players coming up for new deals, we will be using a rookie qb. See how Philly and the Rams did it. Pay ppl because a lot of money is paid to the qb.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I’d take Hurts in the first round, sure.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

This is the saddest and one of the more painful Bolt situations for me as a lifelong fan. This couldn't be happening to a nicer person and that is so sad.

Eli deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings (although he kept Brady from 2 more). Ben Rapersberger deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings. Brady deserves it for being a tool (and deflating balls).

Rivers is a good person and doesn't deserve this. He is the one that should have 2 rings, he should have 6 rings, actually 9, one for each child because he is flat out that nice of a guy, not those 3 scumbags.

I really hope and pray Rivers ends the year super strong 30 ish TD's, 14 INT's, leads the league in passing yardage, and gets a 3 year team friendly extension and then wins comeback player of the year next year, MVP and SuperBowl. I personally don't think Rivers is declining, he has had 2 to 3 horrific games every year for 13 years.

Then all would be right and just in the world, not this bizzaro twilight zone world where we've seen Eli, Peyton, Ben win 2 each, Brady 6, Brees 1 after being a Charger.

Why is everything so backwards??

God is testing Rivers and our faith!!
            Last edited by ChargingBolts; 11-20-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

Since my name is Lawrence, that's the qb I look forward to.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                quite a few of his pix have not been under duress so you cant blame the oline for everything. monday's game i counted ONE INT under duress...the one picked by the dlineman. everything else was just TERRIBLE vision (honey badger INT) or just flat out TERRIBLE pass (Patton bomb and last INT). Does he now have more INTs than jameis freakin-winston? those 2 are vying for the INT crown!
                How about the time he panicked and threw a pass into the side of the helmet of a DL standing 3 feet from him lol
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

There are others. Burrow scares me, though I don't see him busting at all.

Check out the Wake Forest kid...
                  Jamie Newman's stock is going up--look:

Why the 2020 NFL Draft's best-kept quarterback secret has first-round potential

He's a 6-foot-4, 230-pound, draft-eligible quarterback of a 7-1 team in a Power 5 conference, and for some reason, is garnering essentially no draft buzz. Until now.

Wake Forest's Jamie Newman has plus athleticism, a decently strong arm, and has made an assortment some of the most high-level plays from inside the pocket of any quarterback in college football this season. Actually, probably only Joe Burrow from LSU and maybe Oregon's Justin Herbert have made more retweet-worthy, highlight-reel throws from between the tackles this year.

As a redshirt junior, Newman does have another year of eligibility, but what he's done as a passer -- and runner -- this season has put him inside my top 50 right now. I'll show you why I have such a big grade him at the moment.

Below are the five categories on which I grade quarterbacks. They are listed in order of importance, with the most important category at the top. Accuracy

Newman is completing 67.2% of his passes, at a more than respectable 8.3 yards-per-attempt average with 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. So, the classic statistics check out. In late October, Pro Football Focus noted Newman's adjusted accuracy percentage was 77.3% -- discounting drops, throwaways and times he was hit as he threw. That figure indicates he's consistently putting the ball where his receivers can reel it in.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...und-potential/

Good call there, Pac...I'll be watching this kid...only negative is that this is his first full season starting...but other than that, the dude can make all the throws...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

There are only 4 teams with more losses than LAC after 10 or 11 games (depending on byes), but folks are still projecting LAC draft at 10 to 15, and some are even still looking for a “playoff run”. I say let Phil play it out, show him the respect, and secretly hope they lose. Forget the playoffs, what the fuck is the point of that.

I will Still enjoy the remaining game, I’m always be entertained any time my LAC are playing as they are my team. its not a SB year and everyone here knows that. Its time for a new franchise QB ... So the rational calculation is wins hurt the future and do nothing for the present. Jmo, i know its heresy.

The team counts on us to be grown men here, not emotional children. Lets do what’s right.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      There are only 4 teams with more losses than LAC after 10 or 11 games (depending on byes), but folks are still projecting LAC draft at 10 to 15, and some are even still looking for a “playoff run”. I say let Phil play it out, show him the respect, and secretly hope they lose. Forget the playoffs, what the fuck is the point of that.

I will Still enjoy the remaining game, I’m always be entertained any time my LAC are playing as they are my team. its not a SB year and everyone here knows that. Its time for a new franchise QB ... So the rational calculation is wins hurt the future and do nothing for the present. Jmo, i know its heresy.

The team counts on us to be grown men here, not emotional children. Lets do what’s right.
                      So, we've got the secret tank...

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, we've got the secret tank...

and his name is privers. i actually dont mind him playing out the rest of the year to see what kind of fortitude he has. this team is going nowhere this year and having him play out the rest of the year may end up giving the team a higher pick. he still has a starting game streak going so let it keep going. once he throws his INT yank him and put in someone else to see how the O fares.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Next season, TT will hope for luck with injuries, shore up the depth at O-line with draft picks, and give Rivers what he hasn't been given these past two years.
                          Queensbury is a pleasant surprise this year. With Pouncy healthy and back at center, Queensbury might be just as welcome a surprise at guard, which he played in college. TT will pry open his wallet and acquire a free agent tackle (if none available in the draft), a young stud, not some has been "mentor" type whose bones are aging.

Rivers will get a chance to recover and let it happen instead of having to make it happen.

Therefore, Swami predicts Rivers will be back to open the new rental. He'll do better than Eli Manning, who enjoyed a somewhat better O-line before free falling.
                          Last edited by Caslon; 11-21-2019, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X