• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

QB1. All the money saved can be put to FA OL. Trade up, go get him.

Those that want to draft beef with the strategic plan to tank next year will be disappointed when they go 8-8 or 9-7 by chance and are drafting at 17-21. this is the year of bad luck, every coin flip gone against them. Don't build your strategy on some hope for another like this year. This team isn't that much different from 2018 when they went 12-4 because the coin kept flipping their way.

top 7 by the time its done this year.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Speaking of QBs... Brady will be the starting QB for the 49ers next year. You can say Foreigner told you that.

But honestly....

:wtfc:

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        QB1. All the money saved can be put to FA OL. Trade up, go get him.

Those that want to draft beef with the strategic plan to tank next year will be disappointed when they go 8-8 or 9-7 by chance and are drafting at 17-21. this is the year of bad luck, every coin flip gone against them. Don't build your strategy on some hope for another like this year. This team isn't that much different from 2018 when they went 12-4 because the coin kept flipping their way.

top 7 by the time its done this year.
        I agree with this, everything has gone wrong this year.

Comment

• mecho
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

To be fair if we are drafting any quarterback in the first this year it is going to be TUA. Would be a splash selection to build a fan base in LA, he could sit and learn behind Taylor while he recovers and take over the following season. The rest of our picks and money saved from not re-signing O'l Phil can be invested into the Oline and Dline were we still have issues.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            Speaking of QBs... Brady will be the starting QB for the 49ers next year. You can say Foreigner told you that.

But honestly....

:wtfc:
            Um , no he won't.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by mecho View Post
              To be fair if we are drafting any quarterback in the first this year it is going to be TUA. Would be a splash selection to build a fan base in LA, he could sit and learn behind Taylor while he recovers and take over the following season. The rest of our picks and money saved from not re-signing O'l Phil can be invested into the Oline and Dline were we still have issues.
              I had read that his recovery should be between 3 to 4 months and he will be throwing in the spring. In theory, that leaves him ready for next season. But his injury, along with his previous 2 ankle surgeries, really make me wonder how he holds up to the even bigger pounding he'll take in the NFL.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Most of the QBs coming out this year have major major flaws and question marks...... Burrow might be only one worth gambling a high pick for...... he is supposed to be tough and accurate especially deep...... but because of that he will go number 1 ........ and as bad as chargers are, we are not likely to pick number one.......and do we really want to put any rookie(even if we could draft the next Elway/marino?) behind this horrible OL??????????

Rivers still has skills and all he needs is a new contract, an OL, at least 1speedy WR, at least one new big power RB, and a new aggressive HC who believes in scoring as many points as possible.....

This team is just barely good enough to possibly win out and bad enough to just barely lose all of our remaining games...... we are clearly not getting better..... we dominated Chiefs and still lost rather easily..... because our offense cannot sustain drives and score TD's in red zone..... this team has some talent, but makes way too many mistakes..... and Lynn manages the game with there sole goal of keeping the game very close...... which means any mistake will lose the game.....

If Chargers see Burrow as the next truly great franchise QB, then we should lose out (even trying to win, chargers will likely lose all remeining games except maybe raiders game)and do anything to trade up to numbest one and take him...... we can franchise Rivers for a year, sign him for 2 years and trade him in a year, while burrow sits on bench for a year and we spend FA and draft rebuilding our OL, adding a few SPEEDY WR's, a second pass catching TE, and add at east one big bruising RB(like ingram).....

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

'tis a three ring circus.... young John is tasked w/selling seat licenses.... Tom wants to make sure he has a job, and does he do that by kowtowing to the boss/young John, or does he decide its time to make decisions of his own ?? and don't think AL can be any other man than he is, and.... he's an RB coach and believes in "balance," aka we are gonna damn sure run the rock, come hell or high water.

if it's AL, guessing that Jalen Hurts is the most likely Charger among the bunch.... Newman is the better passer between the two, but wonder if he isn't a better fit in somewhere like Carolina ?? personally eye like Hurts' intangibles, albeit he def goes thru stretches as a passer where he just doesn't get it done.... what are you gonna do/who you gonna call (on) then (AL) ??

and don't think Telesco is any sort of Karnak when it comes to the draft, and he best remain as the team/game manager type GM, as that's where his talent lies.

for young John.... he needs to come into his own, and when that is, 'tis not clear to me ?? personal opinion is that he needs to clean house of most all AJ scouting residue, and hire some of his own choosing, or feel confident enough in young Tom to hire his own as well ?? can team Tommy John work in tandem ?? regardless, really need to hire some young blood/wizards for the scouting dept.

and does anyone see Cincy trading out of the top spot and the chance to draft the only safer than not QB prospect @one overall ??

and if I'm Telesco, no way I'm putting my job/career on the line w/Tua's injury history, and.... don't see Miami passing on him, even tho he's damaged goods.

suspect that Gruden has his eyes on Herbert, and that if I'm the Chargers FO, that I see a guy w/a very uneven career, and that might not be that clutch QB that I'd like here in the NFL ??

Fromm (is not the sexy pick and) lacks the "it" factor, but won't be surprised if he is an efficient game winning QB, and lands somewhere like Minny, and given Elway decides not to pull the trigger there first.

Eason is very tempting, as he is def deficient in some areas (accuracy/decision making), but could well be a successful developmental prospect/project (Matt Stafford/Christian Hackenberg compare/mention).... if he doesn't go back to school.

what do you do w/four QBs ?? Phil, Tyrod, Easton and Jalen ?? ….(put Easton on the ps ?)

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

is Jalen Hurts >> Easton Stick ??

Jolt is on record as suggesting that Easton may be the better QB over Jarrett Stidham ??

if Phil >> Tyrod >> Stick >> Hurts >> Newman.... why bother drafting a(n RPO) QB @all ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      'Jalen Hurts is the most likely Charger among the bunch....
                      :idby:

Upon Googling Wait what? Wow that's a real player's name lol? Seems like a walking injury report to me.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Upon Googling Wait what? Wow that's a real player's name lol? Seems like a walking injury report to me.
                        Jalen Hurts * next in line from the Lincoln Riley pedigree, after Baker 'n Kyler.... poised/patient, good decision maker, throws deep ball, not as mechanically polished as others, downfield accuracy is a ? phenomenal character.... once upon a time viewed as a second rounder ??

Comment

• mecho
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I had read that his recovery should be between 3 to 4 months and he will be throwing in the spring. In theory, that leaves him ready for next season. But his injury, along with his previous 2 ankle surgeries, really make me wonder how he holds up to the even bigger pounding he'll take in the NFL.
                          The injury concerns are valid especially given our unending spell of injuries to key players and early draft picks. I was looking at it through a business perspective in terms of marketing and also with a view to potentially setting up our future at the quarterback position.

I believe he has the talent to be our franchise quarterback, but he comes with a significant risk of injury, he is essentially a boom or bust pick but given the quarterbacks that may be available where we pick (assumed between 6-12) i believe he is the best option if the plan is to draft a qb in the first. The rest of the quarterbacks likely available do not have the same talent and have deficiencies or flaws either physical or mental which would need significant development which imo makes them a riskier option than TUA.

If we are not going quarterback i would recommend drafting the top defensive lineman or offensive lineman provided they are the bpa as they are clear areas of need.

Comment

Working...
                          X