• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Exactly. He has all the physical tools and is very smart. I think there is a decent chance we take him.
    We did pretty well with another Oregon QB

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

His team went 11 - 2 and won the Rose Bowl: how inconsistent could he have been?
      His game completion percentage.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Why keeping a pocket QB to teach a mobile QB ?
        I hope the playbook will change a lot.
        No more Gordon in the middle for nothing.

Comment

• Chargerville
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          While Philip Rivers may not be mobile, he’s still more than likely a future hall of famer... and even though he had a bad season this year, he still played pretty well as recent as 2018. Since he’s been one of the leagues durable and premium passers for over 15 years (without necessarily possessing the ability to scramble or throw on the run), any positive parts of his game that can be passed down to the next young guy may still be very helpful.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            Seriously?

Is Herbert,Hurts, or whoever this mobile QB is.....is he never going to read a defense , look off a safety, or hec.....throw the ball?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Seriously?

Is Herbert,Hurts, or whoever this mobile QB is.....is he never going to read a defense , look off a safety, or hec.....throw the ball?
              That was pretty much my thought reading that.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

His game completion percentage.
                I don't see that. Against the 2 toughest defenses he faced his completion % was 70 or better. Sure Utah held him down, but his season % was 66.8 with over 400 throws. Also has a very nice TD/Int ratio.

Hurts and Tua had higher season completion %, but with far fewer throws.

FYI...from out here in Bama the rumor is that Tua is coming back.
                sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

I don't see that. Against the 2 toughest defenses he faced his completion % was 70 or better. Sure Utah held him down, but his season % was 66.8 with over 400 throws. Also has a very nice TD/Int ratio.

Not hard when most of your passes are 0-5 yards. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Comment

• Chargerville
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

If I were Tua... my mindset would be, if I’m unable to play for the first few or so games... maybe even most or all of the season, and can still actually be a mid-high first round draft pick... what would I possibly gain by coming back to Bama. If I can’t play for a good part of the season, I’d prefer to do so in the NFL, possibly sitting and learning from a veteran QB while getting paid.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I mentioned this in another post, and a lot of people didn't believe it. The announcers in the Citrus Bowl are pretty well connected with the 'Bama personnel, and were convinced Tua will return for his senior year.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                        I said this in the other thread in the other forum, but if Herbert or Tua is there at 6, I think you take it.

And Herbert while not putting up stellar numbers... did make some really nice throws. He's got a heck of an arm, and can move... I think you gotta see what you got.
                        What I do not understand is everyone jumps all over TT (rightly so in many cases) for picking often injured but talented players. Yet here people are asking him to pick a China doll so fragile China shops wont take him due to the risk of breaking. Then the board here will be raging on TT when he does not make it past the first hit of the pre season.

Does not make any sense.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

If I were Tua... my mindset would be, if I’m unable to play for the first few or so games... maybe even most or all of the season, and can still actually be a mid-high first round draft pick... what would I possibly gain by coming back to Bama. If I can’t play for a good part of the season, I’d prefer to do so in the NFL, possibly sitting and learning from a veteran QB while getting paid.
                          And that is the issue. Reports are that GM's are shying away from him. They don't think he's a 1st rounder anymore. Despite reports of a pending full recovery, GM's aren't convinced. He won't even be ready for the combine. He'll have to come back and prove he can still play. Then he'll probably injure something else overcompensating for the hip.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X