POLL: Classic Charger Choke: Who Is Most Responsible?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Every player on this team made a bad mistake or 2 on both sides of the ball including special teams kicking and punt return,,,, its hard to watch

Comment

• Electric Chicken
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post
      Every player on this team made a bad mistake or 2 on both sides of the ball including special teams kicking and punt return,,,, its hard to watch
      untitled (4).jpg

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        What's kind of baffling to me is how many pass routes were well short of the first down marker, especially on 3rd down. Who draws these plays up? Don't Lynn and Stitch know the LB's are going to be dropping back into coverage in the flats? But no, we go ahead and throw it to KA or Mike Will, who are immediately tackled, and we have to punt. Pitiful playcalling...
        But, but....quick hitters! Christ just admit your “playbook” is “call the play that works”.

Pitiful posting topcat. Pitiful.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

According to everyone here it was everyone except Rivers. He even gets credit for an amazing catch by Mike Williams from a guy aptly named PR1. I’m sure that awful interception he threw that led directly to 7 Broncos points was on the Oline as well. Typical.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

But, but....quick hitters! Christ just admit your “playbook” is “call the play that works”.

LOL...I was referring to 3rd downs when those quick hitters are covered like a blanket, and the receiver is likely to be tackled short of the first down marker...now, if the receiver is in the flats but not heavily covered, with decent separation, THOSE are the ones I referred to in other posts...

Pitiful analysis, Pac...pitiful...
            Last edited by Topcat; 12-02-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...I was referring to 3rd downs when those quick hitters are covered like a blanket, and the receiver is likely to be tackled short of the first down marker...now, if the receiver is in the flats but not heavily covered, with decent separation, THOSE are the ones I referred to in other posts...

Pitiful analysis, Pac...pitiful...
              My point is, it's not playcalling. For one, just because Rivers throws it to a receiver, doesn't mean that was the play. There are up to five eligibles. Rivers chooses one. On a screen, I get it, but those are different.

Bottom line, is quit crying about the playcalling. I'm sure there are plays coaches want back (many), but the bottom line is and will always be execution. If we can't execute plays, it's no good.

Hell, we ran more 21 play-action yesterday than I've seen in a while, all sorts of gimmicks, all the crap the board pines for.

Doesn't matter if we can't perform fundamentals.

Spotting an NFL team 10 points never helps either.

Detroit and Cleveland may have us beat on "worst" franchise...but no one takes our crown of "most creative number of ways to lose a game". That's ours.

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

I was actually thinking the same exact thing.

The OP post pictures where all the underneath routes are open but complains that we are throwing deep.

Then when we throw to the underneath routes, we are tackled short of the 1st down marker.

I guess some people complain just to complain. :goofylol:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

In the dojo they say pain makes you concentrate.

Charger Fans now have achey breakey hearts.

The takes are perceptive...cannot disagree.

Add it all up and my sense is that it is time to move on.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

My point is, it's not playcalling. For one, just because Rivers throws it to a receiver, doesn't mean that was the play. There are up to five eligibles. Rivers chooses one. On a screen, I get it, but those are different.

Bottom line, is quit crying about the playcalling. I'm sure there are plays coaches want back (many), but the bottom line is and will always be execution. If we can't execute plays, it's no good.

Hell, we ran more 21 play-action yesterday than I've seen in a while, all sorts of gimmicks, all the crap the board pines for.

Doesn't matter if we can't perform fundamentals.

Spotting an NFL team 10 points never helps either.

Detroit and Cleveland may have us beat on "worst" franchise...but no one takes our crown of "most creative number of ways to lose a game". That's ours.
                    Agree (and noted for rarity). They came up with another way yesterday. That was a bullshit PI call but the game never should have been that close and it’s the plethora of mental mistakes during the course of the game that just makes this soul sucking, pride swallowing team a disaster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Tranq was balling in the second half. i liked that part of it ...

I give the game ball to the zebras. bullshit PI at the end, thats a horrible call.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree (and noted for rarity). They came up with another way yesterday. That was a bullshit PI call but the game never should have been that close and it’s the plethora of mental mistakes during the course of the game that just makes this soul sucking, pride swallowing team a disaster.
                        We should have scored a TD as time expired...wasted a TO...Two Minute Warning...smh.

The creativity of defeat never ends.

I blame HC...we have been very sloppy and disjointed.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We should have scored a TD as time expired...wasted a TO...Two Minute Warning...smh.

The creativity of defeat never ends.

I blame HC...we have been very sloppy and disjointed.
                          They play without urgency. Took a minute and a half to run 3 plays after getting the ball back with 4 and change at the end. The situational awareness all over the field is horrible

Comment

Working...
                          X