POLL: Who should be the Bolts next head coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Given a choice, a sack is better than a pick. With a sack, at least you maintain possession. With a pick, it's a turnover, not to mention the YAC after the pick. Total game-breaker...
    There is no doubt about that, which is exactly why I think if Lynn is here next year (which I believe he will be), Tyrod gets the start. He has been infatuated with the idea of Tyrod at qb since his days at Buffalo.

Lynn wants a great run game, a solid defense and a qb who rarely turns it over, with dual threat capability. Tyrod is known for low turnover count, but he is more of a game manager in the passing game. If tyrod gets the start, I expect a lot of running, rpos, short to medium passes and nothing too fancy.

If this is the case, I expect a lot of sacks, unless TT and Co use the extra cap (Sans Rivers), to aquire elite talent on the oline that can stay healthy. When it comes to the trenches, it is clear that the combination of our potential draft talent evaluators and/or those who to develop them, completely sucks.

What I actually expect to happen in FA, is that TT will get us a combination of 4 to 6 banged up civics/priuses with high mileage, instead of 2 fully functional Ferraris.

Hope I'm wrong and Spanos shocks us all in a good way so we can wake up from this nightmare.
    Last edited by SDBORN; 12-30-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Yeah talk about a shit idea lol.Wow.
      Agreed but as you said, completely what we have come to expect as fans. Thank you spanos clan.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Conversely Chargers pass blocking rank is inflated because Rivers has one of the quickest releases in the league.

Funny how some folks struggle on this board with basic math.
        Funny how you have no clue about the metric your criticizing.

Rivers quick release has nothing to do with the rank.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

I wonder sometimes if the scouting dept. is off, if they are getting bad medical advice, if TT stinks, or if it is all johnboy.
          would suspect/gander a guess that 'tis door #4 more than just about anything else ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

There is no doubt about that, which is exactly why I think if Lynn is here next year (which I believe he will be), Tyrod gets the start. He has been infatuated with the idea of Tyrod at qb since his days at Buffalo.

Lynn wants a great run game, a solid defense and a qb who rarely turns it over, with dual threat capability. Tyrod is known for low turnover count, but he is more of a game manager in the passing game. If tyrod gets the start, I expect a lot of running, rpos, short to medium passes and nothing too fancy.

If this is the case, I expect a lot of sacks, unless TT and Co use the extra cap (Sans Rivers), to aquire elite talent on the oline that can stay healthy. When it comes to the trenches, it is clear that the combination of our potential draft talent evaluators and/or those who to develop them, completely sucks.

What I actually expect to happen in FA, is that TT will get us a combination of 4 to 6 banged up civics/priuses with high mileage, instead of 2 fully functional Ferraris.

Hope I'm wrong and Spanos shocks us all in a good way so we can wake up from this nightmare.
            Sounds like a realistic prediction, there, Born. Agree on FA--hope TT signs someone closer to Okung for FA OT, and not another washed-up player like Old Man Davis...

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Chargers @12-1 odds to land (Riverboat) Ron....

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-12-04/where-will-ron-rivera-coach-next-odds
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

The two positions that would most closely appeal to Rivera on a personal level, according to several sources who know him well, would be the
                Chargers
                , with a chance to return to his Southern California roots, or the
                Bears
                , where he played and coached. While those teams have sputtered badly at times this season, it's nowhere close to certain either of those jobs will be opening.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  Looks like Rivera is going to the Redskins...

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Wade Phillips rumored to be available as DC.... could we pry David Shaw away from the Farm/Stanford ?? (some say this may be the (after a down) year he makes himself available ?)

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

Not if he is still under contract and the owners are Spani.
                      true.... Spanos never fires anyone who is still under contract unless they give spams an ultimatum like marty did....

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

if RR wants to come to/be the HC of the Chargers.... that's a huge consideration in my book.

back to my Clipps…. sorta reminds me of when we passed on a one Paul George (in the draft) who publicly stated his desire to play for the (then lowly) Clippers.

we whiffed then, but ironically enough he has landed in LA for us now, and.... could it be the same scenario w/Ron ??

we failed to hire him as our HC not once, but twice, and.... perhaps it wise to let this third time be the charm ??

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

That is a very scary scenario....... if that happened, we would have several years of very mediocre seasons...... Taylor is an ok backup but he will never take a team anywhere..... that would be a waste of another few or more years......

Comment

Working...
                          X