POLL: Who should be the Bolts next head coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    In all the years you've been a Charger fan has there ever been a poorer excuse for a WR than Pattton?
    Telescos offseason was a complete failure. It is almost like he saw a 12-4 team and thought - okay, Thomas Davis will help at DL; the draft, they needed DT so he took Tillery; I get Adderley probably was a solid pick for 60 but also more a need pick. Mebane, Benjamin were not good to bring back. He took his foot off the gas instead of really going harder. I mean, Jordan Hicks for AZ was excellent. I think with the money they paid Davis and Perryman, they could have had Hicks. I am actually more concerned about Telesco now than Lynn. Though I have my issues with Lynn

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telescos offseason was a complete failure. It is almost like he saw a 12-4 team and thought - okay, Thomas Davis will help at DL; the draft, they needed DT so he took Tillery; I get Adderley probably was a solid pick for 60 but also more a need pick. Mebane, Benjamin were not good to bring back. He took his foot off the gas instead of really going harder. I mean, Jordan Hicks for AZ was excellent. I think with the money they paid Davis and Perryman, they could have had Hicks. I am actually more concerned about Telesco now than Lynn. Though I have my issues with Lynn

I wonder sometimes if the scouting dept. is off, if they are getting bad medical advice, if TT stinks, or if it is all johnboy.
      The organization is always tight-lipped (like when the whole media world thought we were for sure going to draft Stanley/Tunsil and then TT says Bosa was always going to be the pick), so it's tough to know where exactly the blame goes when things go wrong like this past season. But, TT has never traded down, always either taking his pick or trading up. TT claimed Tillery was their BPA in rd.1 and the last player they graded as a 1st rd. talent. And how high did they have Yipkins on the board?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

I wonder sometimes if the scouting dept. is off, if they are getting bad medical advice, if TT stinks, or if it is all johnboy.
        The organization is always tight-lipped (like when the whole media world thought we were for sure going to draft Stanley/Tunsil and then TT says Bosa was always going to be the pick), so it's tough to know where exactly the blame goes when things go wrong like this past season. But, TT has never traded down, always either taking his pick or trading up. TT claimed Tillery was their BPA in rd.1 and the last player they graded as a 1st rd. talent. And how high did they have Yipkins on the board?
        Tillery seemed more "need" than BPA but of course - nobody knows what there board looks like. Notre Dame players are ranked very high by TT. Tranquill had a nice year. But thats two more ND guys. Watt, Teo, Rochell. There is a pattern. I would rather he overpick guys from Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, LSU or Clemson over Notre friggin Dame,.

I see this offseason and I get QB is a big deal. But from a player personnel - its pretty easy - which means Telesco will go WR, CB and completely whiff on DT and OL.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Tillery seemed more "need" than BPA but of course - nobody knows what there board looks like. Notre Dame players are ranked very high by TT. Tranquill had a nice year. But thats two more ND guys. Watt, Teo, Rochell. There is a pattern. I would rather he overpick guys from Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, LSU or Clemson over Notre friggin Dame,.

I see this offseason and I get QB is a big deal. But from a player personnel - its pretty easy - which means Telesco will go WR, CB and completely whiff on DT and OL.
          Ohio st. as well, even though Joshua Perry didn't work.
          Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 12-30-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Lynn was damned this year.

Has a statue QB.

The o line gets injured.

The RB holds out.

The deep threat WR Twill went to Raiders
            The other deep threat WR Benji was awful.

His second best defender Derwin was out most of year. His key sub package defender Phillips was out most of year.

If he had a mobile QB....when the o line suffered injury. Of if it was a tough match up vs opponent d line. Then he could have moved the pocket. Roll outs, bootlegs. But Rivers is not good at roll out or bootleg or throwing on the move. Also Rivers sidearm motion is not a great motion for screen passes which is also a good counter to a pass rush. Some open screen got knocked down. And he sailed a few others.

So now you have try to win with a limited playbook.
            No good RPOs. No good bootlegs. No good roll outs. No good & consistent screens. All of which helps mitigate a pass rush.

Then comments on TPB like "look at Shanahan playcalling". Why can't Lynn or Shane do like that guy in San Fran.
            Guess what?! Garoppolo is mobile and has an over the top motion. Shanahan uses rolls outs, bootlegs, zone read and screens for Jimmy G.
            He is not a statue that requires the o line to keep him squeaky clean because he can only do work from the pocket.

Jimmy G can get it done inside the pocket, outside the pocket and on the move. Teams treat player like Russ Wilson & Jimmy G as players they want to keep in the pocket. Not allow the other stuff. Pressure but contain in pocket. Dont let them escape, buy time and make plays.

Rivers can only do in the pocket. So if the o line gets injured or struggles, Rivers OC doesn't have the options he would have if he had Jimmy G at QB.
            Teams have zero concern about Rivers outside pocket or on the move.

Rivers style requires a great pass blocking o line that stays healthy all year. Well, they did not stay healthy and they ranked 16th in pass block win rate. Which actually is pretty decent considering the injury.

Russell Wilson oIine was worse at pass blocking.

Face it TPB.
            If you simply switch QBs. Wilson for Rivers.
            Chargers are in playoffs and Seahawks have the 6th pick in the draft.

It is what it is.
            Wait, ....Russell Wilson was tied with Matt Ryan and Kyler Murray for being sacked the most times this season at 48.
            You are saying he would have us in the playoffs with THIS OL?

Fucking hilarious!

I think its maybe the other way around. Wilson holds the ball too long, always has. May have been sacked 60 times with this OL.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-30-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wait, ....Russell Wilson was tied with Matt Ryan and Kyler Murray for being sacked the most times this season at 48.
              You are saying he would have us in the playoffs with THIS OL?

Fucking hilarious!

I think its maybe the other way around. Wilson holds the ball too long, always has. May have been sacked 60 times with this OL.
              LOL. Yes absolutely.

Seahawks pass block - 28th

Falcons pass block - 29th

Chargers pass block - 20th

Cardinals pass block - 10th
              Kyler is a rookie.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

LOL. Yes absolutely.

Seahawks pass block - 28th

Falcons pass block - 29th

Chargers pass block - 20th

Cardinals pass block - 10th
                Kyler is a rookie.
                Yes, Seahawks 28th because of Wilson lol. He holds the ball too long.
                He is always one of the most sacked QBs.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes, Seahawks 28th because of Wilson lol. He holds the ball too long.
                  He is always one of the most sacked QBs.
                  So is Watson. He was sacked 44 times
                  :what:

I get he gets sacked more because he hold it more.
                  But the pass block rank of 28th has nothing to do with sacks or how long Wilson holds the ball.
                  He could throw it away and take zero sacks and his offensive line would still rank 28th in pass block win rate.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Better to hold it than force it and give the other team good field position at least. He and Rivers both fumbled 5 times this season. But Wilson only had 5 int. Rivers had 20. Seems like Wilson is doing alright and I'm sure it helps that he is not one dimensional.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

no news on Lynn makes me think he'll be here again next year..
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        no news on Lynn makes me think he'll be here again next year..
                        in this case, no news is bad news, for us fans

Wouldn't be surprised if we roll with TT, Lynn, new coordinators and Lynn's homeboy Tyrod next season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Lynn was damned this year.

Has a statue QB.

The o line gets injured.

The RB holds out.

The deep threat WR Twill went to Raiders
                          The other deep threat WR Benji was awful.

His second best defender Derwin was out most of year. His key sub package defender Phillips was out most of year.

If he had a mobile QB....when the o line suffered injury. Of if it was a tough match up vs opponent d line. Then he could have moved the pocket. Roll outs, bootlegs. But Rivers is not good at roll out or bootleg or throwing on the move. Also Rivers sidearm motion is not a great motion for screen passes which is also a good counter to a pass rush. Some open screen got knocked down. And he sailed a few others.

So now you have try to win with a limited playbook.
                          No good RPOs. No good bootlegs. No good roll outs. No good & consistent screens. All of which helps mitigate a pass rush.

Then comments on TPB like "look at Shanahan playcalling". Why can't Lynn or Shane do like that guy in San Fran.
                          Guess what?! Garoppolo is mobile and has an over the top motion. Shanahan uses rolls outs, bootlegs, zone read and screens for Jimmy G.
                          He is not a statue that requires the o line to keep him squeaky clean because he can only do work from the pocket.

Jimmy G can get it done inside the pocket, outside the pocket and on the move. Teams treat player like Russ Wilson & Jimmy G as players they want to keep in the pocket. Not allow the other stuff. Pressure but contain in pocket. Dont let them escape, buy time and make plays.

Rivers can only do in the pocket. So if the o line gets injured or struggles, Rivers OC doesn't have the options he would have if he had Jimmy G at QB.
                          Teams have zero concern about Rivers outside pocket or on the move.

Rivers style requires a great pass blocking o line that stays healthy all year. Well, they did not stay healthy and they ranked 16th in pass block win rate. Which actually is pretty decent considering the injury.

Russell Wilson oIine was worse at pass blocking.

Face it TPB.
                          If you simply switch QBs. Wilson for Rivers.
                          Chargers are in playoffs and Seahawks have the 6th pick in the draft.

It is what it is.
                          Who exactly is pretty decent along the Charger Oline this year in pass pro? Running through the group in my head, it is not clear at all to me.

One could say the high pass block win rate is due to the qb getting rid of the ball quickly (something Wilson doesn't do ), but that would be tedious.

Comment

Working...
                          X