• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Friendly reminder... The Jets/Patriots/Titans/Ravens/Dolphins aren't nearly as good as us. We are getting healthier/better (surprise!) every week. I know I sound like a broken record but, once we get healthy, we can beat anyone in the playoffs. The are no dominant teams in the NFL this year.
    Out of the gate the Bills looked dominant but they’ve fallen back. Still have to be the afc favorites. In the nfc, it’s the eagles or sF and sf is playing with Mr Irrelvant at QB. Would be quite a feat if they can pull it off

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Out of the gate the Bills looked dominant but they’ve fallen back. Still have to be the afc favorites. In the nfc, it’s the eagles or sF and sf is playing with Mr Irrelvant at QB. Would be quite a feat if they can pull it off
      I go back to Game 2. We had no Keenan Allen... and were still out-playing the Chiefs. That 99-yard pick-6 was a back-breaker.
      I claimed then (as I claim now)... I'm not afraid of the Chiefs. The Chiefs are as good (if not better) than the Bills, Eagles, or 49ers... and we're as good (if not better) than the Chiefs.

When we get Bosa back...
      If Slater is able to play in the playoffs...

Every one of those teams is strong along the OL/DL. When we are healthy... so are we. Both have been re-built the last 2 years. It's football 101.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

And KC finished regulation tied so they must really suck. Oh, wait, they are the class of the AFC. Weird.
        And KC (and Buffalo and Cincinnati) have all had several dominant wins (and no blowout losses), and taken care of business in most of their other games, which is why they are the class of the AFC. So I really don't get what you're trying to say. Weird, indeed.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
          We haven't even clinched a wildcard spot and folks are worried about playoff path to SB. LOL.
          That's what a couple of wins will do for ya, I guess. People are all over the "negative" posters after a loss (or two or three), but visions of Super Bowls are dancing in the Pollyanna's heads before we've even MADE the playoffs and that's OK. Real fans and all that.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

With 86% chance to make playoff, we can dream.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              Looks good on paper but reality is if we lose a game that goes down quite a bit.
              We just need to win our games and we haven't been convincingly doing that, but we have won the last two against good teams.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                I wish I could put more stock in that stuff. Especially when it’s in our favor.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

And KC (and Buffalo and Cincinnati) have all had several dominant wins (and no blowout losses), and taken care of business in most of their other games, which is why they are the class of the AFC. So I really don't get what you're trying to say. Weird, indeed.
                  I think what he's trying to say is that Buffalo and Cincinati both have some embarrassing losses (Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, Browns). And yes, Bengals got blown out by the Browns (32-13) when Chase was out. None of them have had the mass injuries we've dealt with.

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Nothing wrong with that take, making the playoffs will be that much sweeter for you.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I think what he's trying to say is that Buffalo and Cincinnati both have some embarrassing losses (Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, Browns). And yes, Bengals got blown out by the Browns (32-13) when Chase was out. None of them have had the mass injuries we've dealt with.
                      We control our own destiny. I'm gonna try and look ahead. What's done is done. We just need to take care of business. Let's see how far Staley has come.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I go back to Game 2. We had no Keenan Allen... and were still out-playing the Chiefs. That 99-yard pick-6 was a back-breaker.
                        I claimed then (as I claim now)... I'm not afraid of the Chiefs. The Chiefs are as good (if not better) than the Bills, Eagles, or 49ers... and we're as good (if not better) than the Chiefs.

When we get Bosa back...
                        If Slater is able to play in the playoffs...

Every one of those teams is strong along the OL/DL. When we are healthy... so are we. Both have been re-built the last 2 years. It's football 101.
                        Matching up well and competitively withthe Chiefs does t necessarily mean we match up well with others. I don’t fear the Chiefs if that’s who we might see in the playoffs.

when we get Bosa back? How bout if?

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Win the next game. Worry about later, later.

Comment

Working...
                          X