Clear All
  • colorado
    Fan since '62
    • Jun 2023
    • Desert Rat
    • Nothing but time on my hands
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Nick Bosa is not reporting to 49ers camp even though he's under contract for 2023. He wants a new contract.
    That could impact the whiners big time.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Ummm . . . . . . . . . you're putting too much effort into this
      you could be on to something there ...

Joel Dommett Dancing GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Titans safety Kevin Byard agrees to restructured deal, lowering base salary to $11M

Published: Jul 21, 2023 at 09:07 AM

Kevin Patra Around the NFL Writer

Months after rejecting a pay cut, Tennessee Titans safety Kevin Byard eventually took a shave.

The Titans and Byard agreed to terms on a restructured contract for the 2023 season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday, per a source informed of the situation.

The reworked pact lowers the Pro Bowl safety's base salary to $11 million, with incentives to get back to the $14 million he was originally owed, Rapoport reported.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
          FUdean
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Titans safety Kevin Byard agrees to restructured deal, lowering base salary to $11M

Published: Jul 21, 2023 at 09:07 AM

Kevin Patra Around the NFL Writer

Months after rejecting a pay cut, Tennessee Titans safety Kevin Byard eventually took a shave.

The Titans and Byard agreed to terms on a restructured contract for the 2023 season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday, per a source informed of the situation.

The reworked pact lowers the Pro Bowl safety's base salary to $11 million, with incentives to get back to the $14 million he was originally owed, Rapoport reported.

Every sport should be incentive driven. Like the great game of golf

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It happens all the time. If a contract isn't guaranteed, teams ask players who underperform to take pay cuts and if they don't they can cut them. Ezekiel Elliot is an example. He underperformed relative to his contract so the Cowboys cut him loose with three more years left on the contract he signed in 2019. The owners have all the power in the regard. Elliot could end up back on the Cowboys making significantly less than his contracted amount. If underperforming players can be forced to take a pay cut, why shouldn't over-performing players be entitled to better compensation?
            Where's the part where players are forced to return money they have been paid? You refer to future money. We're all familiar with that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Where's the part where players are forced to return money they have been paid? You refer to future money. We're all familiar with that.
              yeah, they don't do that.

(not speaking to you, but just ... outloud) Everyone knows what the other is saying or trying to say. Contracts are partially guaranteed, we all know what that means. Players and Agents know exactly what it means. I hope this isn't a 10 page torture thread of who has the greatest willpower to never relent, never surrender on their symantics. We all know what it is.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

How did the FUdeans let this guy get away

away?

Seahawks edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu has agreed to a three-year extension worth up to $59 million that includes $32 million guaranteed, his agents, Ryan Matha and Drew Rosenhaus, announced.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yeah, they don't do that.

(not speaking to you, but just ... outloud) Everyone knows what the other is saying or trying to say. Contracts are partially guaranteed, we all know what that means. Players and Agents know exactly what it means. I hope this isn't a 10 page torture thread of who has the greatest willpower to never relent, never surrender on their symantics. We all know what it is.
                  I was responding to "So owners can ask for money back from players who underperform their contract, but players who overperform their contract can’t ask for additional money?"

I get "ask for money back "out of that. If it means "reducing money that will be paid", say so. They do not mean the same.
                  Maybe my limited experience in contract negotiation is messing with me. In that world, specific language is everything. All I know is what was said.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I was responding to "So owners can ask for money back from players who underperform their contract, but players who overperform their contract can’t ask for additional money?"

I get "ask for money back "out of that. If it means "reducing money that will be paid", say so. They do not mean the same.
                    Maybe my limited experience in contract negotiation is messing with me. In that world, specific language is everything. All I know is what was said.
                    ask for money back sounds like a misstatement to me, i doubt anyone thought an owner would literally ask for some of last year’s pay back. I thought it more as telling a player they want to redo the contract. That usually depends on if the next year is guaranteed or not - if it’s not, player has to calculate if they will cut him and if so, can he get that much elsewhere. If it’s guaranteed , i don’t see a lot of players agree to renegotiate that personally

Some players do get extra money when they ask. Some players get renegotiated early, thats getting more money after asking. Many players don’t take a pay cut after they play like shit one year. See above. All of these considerations are forward looking and relative to contract terms and market alternatives.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Bring back the uniforms from the Junior Seau era as an alternate, please. Other teams are getting it done.

​​
                      image.pngimage.png​​ image.png

​​​
                      Last edited by DerwinBosa; 07-25-2023, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Jonathan Taylor unhappy. This year his contract is $4Mish. I know he missed a lot of games last year, but he is 24 and a superstar. Add him to the list of RBs unhappy.

Ekeler making $8M (which he will) with his new incentive expanded deal is actually pretty generous in the RB market now.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          Bring back the uniforms from the Junior Seau era as an alternate, please. Other teams are getting it done.

​​
                          image.pngimage.png​​ image.png

​​​
                          Bills biting off our blue, just like the Rams.
                          Seahawks bring me back, not in a good way.

Chargers Seau era jerseys are my favorite after the powder blues. they scream SD all day.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X