• Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I knew he was a defensive end on Green Bay,
    I didn't know he played defensive end on the Eagles.

He played defensive tackle at Tennessee.
    I still remember him doing a swim move on Dave Remington in a college all star game.
    Reggie White and Clyde Simmons at defensive end, and Jerome Brown and Mike Golic/Mike Pitts at defensive tackle during the Eagles' best years. I believe Brown would have been a Hall of Famer if he hadn't died in a tragic car accident.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Killing it with Wilson and Fields? Did they do something better than that? Two shit QBs isn’t a sturdy foundation. Queen is good. Elliott meh ok. Anyone else?

Compared to Kenny Pickett they've upgraded the most important position on the field by a lot - and they haven't had to give up a king's ransom to do it. I would have taken Fields for a 6th in a heartbeat over Easton Stick . . . . . . . . . .

Fields got screwed in Chicago - a place QB's go to die. No support since he got there . . . . . . . . . . he's not played great, but he's capable of pulling a Jordan Love with the right team.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It does feel like Fields got hosed . . . . . . . . . . . . but in the end it seems to be working out for him. IMO he will be the Steeler's starting QB by mid-season. He'll get his chance with a real organization . . . . . .

What did Field's stats look like in 2023 compared to Wilsons?
        KA got paid but he might be thinking damn...I should've just restructured and stayed in LA.

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
          Fields just wasn't that good in Chicago.

1 300 yard passing game in 3 seasons.
          2 fourth quarter comebacks with a game winning drive in 3 seasons.

Bryce Young has more passing yards this season than any of Fields's seasons and a 300 yard passing game. So you mean to tell me as a 3 year vet you couldn't have more passing yards than rookie Bryce Young, who maybe has the worst supporting cast in the league? Bryce Young also has 2 4th quarter comebacks with a game-winning drive already in a single season.

I'm not closing the book on Fields and think he has more to offer but Caleb Williams is an exponential upgrade.
          and any team that remotely needed a QB took at close look at his film. chicago had him on the auction block for weeks, and then practically gave him away.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

KA got paid but he might be thinking damn...I should've just restructured and stayed in LA.

Keenan wanted his money. He traded an LA team with one of the best QB's in the league and a proven coach for a cold weather team with a rookie QB. Let's see how much fun he's having come December . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Keenan wanted his money. He traded an LA team with one of the best QB's in the league and a proven coach for a cold weather team with a rookie QB. Let's see how much fun he's having come December . . . . . . .
              He may already have a feeling this is his (or at least could be) his last year and a decade in the league has taught him, not just by the Chargers but knowing players on every team, that giving up money for hype is a sucker’s bet. He gets his $23M regardless of how CHI plays, seems he’s said that to me. My guess is he surveyed this unique situation and decided he’s not leaving $5-7M in the locker room on his exit day, he’s earned it and deserves it. If he gets another contract for a year or two, thats still $5M-$7M and that is still a lot of money, even to rich guys. He’s not Bezos rich.

That all seems fair and rational to me, perfectly understandable. It just doesn’t align with what LAC needs to do at this moment in time. Vaya Con Dios, good sir, may you prosper in your next journey.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Compared to Kenny Pickett they've upgraded the most important position on the field by a lot - and they haven't had to give up a king's ransom to do it. I would have taken Fields for a 6th in a heartbeat over Easton Stick . . . . . . . . . .

Fields got screwed in Chicago - a place QB's go to die. No support since he got there . . . . . . . . . . he's not played great, but he's capable of pulling a Jordan Love with the right team.
                The reason he went so cheap is that he's in his final year of a cheap contract. But yeah, pittsburgh stole fields. I think we could of managed his salary here as back-up and would be better than stick. We would have gotten a nice comp when he signs with another team...I think.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He may already have a feeling this is his (or at least could be) his last year and a decade in the league has taught him, not just by the Chargers but knowing players on every team, that giving up money for hype is a sucker’s bet. He gets his $23M regardless of how CHI plays, seems he’s said that to me. My guess is he surveyed this unique situation and decided he’s not leaving $5-7M in the locker room on his exit day, he’s earned it and deserves it. If he gets another contract for a year or two, that's still $5M-$7M and that is still a lot of money, even to rich guys. He’s not Bezos rich.

That all seems fair and rational to me, perfectly understandable. It just doesn’t align with what LAC needs to do at this moment in time. Vaya Con Dios, good sir, may you prosper in your next journey.

You can look at it this way, but he's only 31. If he can maintain his performance similar to last year he could get another contract (say a 2 year) after the 2024 season. Which team and situation is more conducive to enabling him to continue to put up numbers? Staying in LA with Harbaugh and being JH's favorite target? Or going to Chitown and breaking in a rookie QB?

Keenan may not have left any money in the Charger locker room this year, but it's likely that he's cost himself in future contract money - probably far more that whatever pay cut he was asked to do in LA. Seems like he reacted emotionally and ended up cutting off his nose to spite his face . . . . . . . . . I guess we'll see.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I would guess his level of fun will be dictated by how the team is doing in December. NFC North is no joke anymore. Detroit is on the verge, Packers are young and upcoming. Both made the playoffs last season and don't look to be taking a step back. I would guess losing 63-21 to the Raiders and going 5-12 wasn't much fun.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The reason he went so cheap is that he's in his final year of a cheap contract. But yeah, pittsburgh stole fields. I think we could of managed his salary here as back-up and would be better than stick. We would have gotten a nice comp when he signs with another team...I think.

IMO Pittsburg is hoping Wilson plays well in 2024 (obviously) but he also functions as the 'bridge QB' to a much younger Fields - for a long term solution at QB. Pittsburg can work on 'fixing' Fields through the 2024 season, then sign him to a relatively cheap contract extension in 2025 and cut Wilson for a comp pick. If Fields comes around Wilson goes. If Fields never makes it over the hump they can cut him for a comp pick and at least still have Wilson. . . . . . . . . . . all of this is miles better than Pickett / Trubiski.

IMO they've played it well . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I would guess his level of fun will be dictated by how the team is doing in December. NFC North is no joke anymore. Detroit is on the verge, Packers are young and upcoming. Both made the playoffs last season and don't look to be taking a step back. I would guess losing 63-21 to the Raiders and going 5-12 wasn't much fun.

Yep - and he's now in a situation in Chicago to repeat that 5 - 12 record, AND to break in a rookie QB, AND to freeze his ass off while doing it. Cold weather is hard on the older players - I doubt he makes it through the season . . . . . . Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Yep - and he's now in a situation in Chicago to repeat that 5 - 12 record, AND to break in a rookie QB, AND to freeze his ass off while doing it. Cold weather is hard on the older players - I doubt he makes it through the season . . . . . . Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
                          I don't know...Caleb Williams to KA plus maybe another good receiver somewhere else in this draft is really appealing for a turn around to at least a 9-8 season.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X