• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I gots nothing against Erik Bieniemy. Just experience is all id prefer. I dont care if he is short, black and bald. Means nada to me.

Reid is white, fat, looks like whimpy asking for a burger today to pay you on Tuesday, but he is a good coach and has a ring. Thats all want. Our HC could look like the elephant man,.... as long as he gets us a ring i dont care.

As ive said, i expect Dean to go the cheaper route so if thats who he hires, thats who he hires and ill hope for the best. Id just prefer experience as the cheap , inexprienced route that has got us no where.

If he hires Erik but shit cans Telesco, id be good there too because TT has under achieved but that also might be on JohnBoy and Dean. But i think they all have to go.
    I wish public sentiment at-large would arrive at that conclusion, January 4th is my Christmas and New Year's Celebration this year: Black Monday

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I see no difference with Brady to Erik B. Both inexperienced as HC's. Neither light my fire. Dean will screw this up and probably hire someone we least expect.

Rivera has been ok. Seems to have a wining season every other year. Inconsistant.
      that's the thing.... who's experienced, who's gonna be a consistent winner, who's gonna light your fire.... eye see you've gone nameless.

who would you attach your name to ??

thinking out loud, eye look @our D and don't think we're gonna build a dominant D anytime soon.... too many middling players that were high draft picks that are doing just ok, and that our FO ain't gonna jettison coz they were their personal selections.

looking on O, save for MW, we have alotta holes that we could possibly plug w/upgrades and if we take what we've been gifted w/JH and run w/him, we could really take a step up on that side of the ball, and....

why not swing for the fences ?? our FO did well w/Justin, so who's to say that they can't strike gold again w/a HC.... (god knows we/they are due)
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I gots nothing against Erik Bieniemy. Just experience is all id prefer. I dont care if he is short, black and bald. Means nada to me.

Reid is white, fat, looks like whimpy asking for a burger today to pay you on Tuesday, but he is a good coach and has a ring. Thats all want. Our HC could look like the elephant man,.... as long as he gets us a ring i dont care.

As ive said, i expect Dean to go the cheaper route so if thats who he hires, thats who he hires and ill hope for the best. Id just prefer experience to the cheap , inexprienced route that has got us no where.

If he hires Erik but shit cans Telesco, id be good there too because TT has under achieved but that also might be on JohnBoy and Dean. But i think they all have to go.
        if that's the ticket, my question is why didn't Toub get the nod last time 'round ??

and does he have a legit shot this go 'round ??

was he Telelsco's choice.... ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

that's the thing.... who's experienced, who's gonna be a consistent winner, who's gonna light your fire.... eye see you've gone nameless.

who would you attach your name to ??

thinking out loud, eye look @our D and don't think we're gonna build a dominant D anytime soon.... too many middling players that were high draft picks that are doing just ok, and that our FO ain't gonna jettison coz they were their personal selections.

looking on O, save for MW, we have alotta holes that we could possibly plug w/upgrades and if we take what we've been gifted w/JH and run w/him, we could really take a step up on that side of the ball, and....

why not swing for the fences ?? our FO did well w/Justin, so who's to say that they can't strike gold again w/a HC.... (god knows we/they are due)
          I made a list earlier when asked. You have seen it.....or maybe not.
          It had Brian Shottenheimer on it, Jason Garrett, McDaniels, Raheem Morris,... Trying to remember who else lol. I winged it. i know im missing at least one i had before.
          Think I'll add Dabo Swinney to it though but he seems like a college type of guy who likes to teach those types.

B. Shott is one with no HC experience but his experience elsewhere and for who for 21 years plus his old man makes me add him to to the list.

Think I'd go Raheem first and try and pry him from Atlanta before they decide to keep him. He has them Playing well and it's sorta his second go round as a HC though he is a interm HC right now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I have every ProFootBall Weekly from the decade of the 1990s, and draft guides from the last 30 years.

I believe what Joe Brady brought to LSU was 4 vertical routes and the guts to throw the ball at run-happy LSU. A pro-set offense.

Joe Brady is currently sitting at 4-6 as OC on his leap to the NFL. It must be compared directly to the OC Popper mentioned as Bieniemy is 10-1 as OC. The Panthers are starting to produce, but Brady isn't ready to be the just yet.

PREDICTION TIME: The Chiefs are going back to the AFC Championship Game @ Pittsburgh and they will beat the Steelers and play the Rams in Super 55. That's my prediction. Chiefs win that too.

Two Super Bowl wins in-a-row for the OC Bieniemy. THAT'S the guy I'm taking.
            Joe Brady is OC for the Carolina Panthers while Bienemy is semi-OC for Mahomes, Hill, Kelsey and more. As noted, he isn’t really even fully OC as he doesn’t even call plays. If they flipped spots, would the Panthers have the most prolific offense in the league? Or would Joe Brady have success with the KC unit like he had at LSU? i am betting big on the latter

The rosters aren’t close to comparable and the game is still played by guys with pads and hats. Norval was a motherfuckng genius when he had a half dozen future HOF’ers. When he had no OL in SD, he had nothing to offer other than his same old 7 step drop go deep flop-fence.

I’m not endorsing either for HC right now, but I don’t buy the record based argument as proving anything between those two.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

if that's the ticket, my question is why didn't Toub get the nod last time 'round ??

and does he have a legit shot this go 'round ??

was he Telelsco's choice.... ??
              Dave Toub or Eric Bieniemy. Do you view the options winnowing down to those two as a Win-Win?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I made a list earlier when asked. You have seen it.....or maybe not.
                It had Brian Shottenheimer on it, Jason Garrett, McDaniels, Raheem Morris,... Trying to remember who else lol. I winged it. i know im missing at least one i had before.
                Think I'll add Dabo Swinney to it though but he seems like a college type of guy who likes to teach those types.

B. Shott is one with no HC experience but his experience elsewhere and for who for 21 years plus his old man makes me add him to to the list.

Think I'd go Raheem first and try and pry him from Atlanta before they decide to keep him. He has them Playing well and it's sorta his second go round as a HC though he is a interm HC right now.
                I was hoping you were going to add Jim Caldwell to your list of previous head coaches. He and Wade Phillips are my favorite if the Chargers FO opted to go that route.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I was hoping you were going to add Jim Caldwell to your list of previous head coaches. He and Wade Phillips are my favorite if the Chargers FO opted to go that route.
                  I wouldnt mind him either.

im not going to bitch about whoever it is. Just my preference for somebody with more experience..
                  I dont think it will be Wade as DC though. We are more built for a 4-3. But who knows what will happen.
                  Maybe a disapinting Nothing!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I wish public sentiment at-large would arrive at that conclusion, January 4th is my Christmas and New Year's Celebration this year: Black Monday
                    "On the first day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
                    ...a brand-new, shiny HC!"

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Dave Toub or Eric Bieniemy. Do you view the options winnowing down to those two as a Win-Win?
                      eye like Toub.... he may end up being the Ron Rivera of the group.... someone that we passed on the first time, that I wish we wouldn't have, and then we come up and pass on him again, which might be a fail, dunno ??

and sorry, but have no love whatsoever for Bieniemy, and as it was you who got me up and doing some research on things.... 'tis one thing to get a coach that'll prolly finish w/a winning record, but from what eye can tell, Brady is the one guy that could end up as phenomenal.... he's got something that am not seeing from any other candidate.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

eye like Toub.... he may end up being the Ron Rivera of the group.... someone that we passed on the first time, that I wish we wouldn't have, and then we come up and pass on him again, which might be a fail, dunno ??

and sorry, but have no love whatsoever for Bieniemy, and as it was you who got me up and doing some research on things.... 'tis one thing to get a coach that'll prolly finish w/a winning record, but from what eye can tell, Brady is the one guy that could end up as phenomenal.... he's got something that am not seeing from any other candidate.
                        Beach, we were comparing Notes on Justin Fields yesterday

Check this

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I'm watching the Browns - Titans and I'm really impressed with the Browns OL. They are equally good at pass and run blocking. All five were early round picks - take a lesson TT!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X