• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Don't know where to put this, but this is freakin' awesome. Did you know that on the famous play in which LT broke the scoring record against Denver, FB Lo Neal fell down, face-first?

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

That's brilliant!
      Thanks for posting.
      And no, never knew Lo did a face plant :rofl:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Rams, Niners get comp picks for exec signings … Lost in the spate of G.M. and coaching signings over the past couple of days is the fact that the LA Rams and San Francisco became the first teams to acquire compensatory 3rd round picks in both 2021 and 2022 as a result of the NFL’s new minority hiring initiative. That initiative, agree on this fall, mandates that teams that have an assistant hired as either a head coach or general manager by another team will get two 3rd round comp picks in successive years. If a team loses a second assistant in the same year they would get a third comp pick in a third year. Note that these comp picks will be at the end of the 3rd round after the regular comp picks have been assigned. The Rams will get the comp picks after Detroit hired Brad Holmes, the Rams’ director of college scouting, to be their new G.M., while San Francisco was rewarded when the Jets named 49ers’ defensive co-ordinator Robert Saleh as their new head coach. In doing so, Saleh becomes the first Muslim American to coach an NFL team. While we are all for hiring equality, there is a certain bizarreness to the NFL policy. It seems like the teams that should be rewarded for hiring a minority are the teams actually doing the hiring, in these cases the Lions and Jets. In fact, one could see where the current policy could actually limit minority hiring opportunities if teams were reluctant to see an opponent get a couple of extra picks. The policy could also have the unintended consequence of rewarding better teams as teams hiring new coaches tend to be primarily bottom feeders that usually hire people currently working for more successful programs. But this is the NFL in which it seems that the next logical policy that the league comes up will be their first.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Rams, Niners get comp picks for exec signings … Lost in the spate of G.M. and coaching signings over the past couple of days is the fact that the LA Rams and San Francisco became the first teams to acquire compensatory 3rd round picks in both 2021 and 2022 as a result of the NFL’s new minority hiring initiative. That initiative, agree on this fall, mandates that teams that have an assistant hired as either a head coach or general manager by another team will get two 3rd round comp picks in successive years. If a team loses a second assistant in the same year they would get a third comp pick in a third year. Note that these comp picks will be at the end of the 3rd round after the regular comp picks have been assigned. The Rams will get the comp picks after Detroit hired Brad Holmes, the Rams’ director of college scouting, to be their new G.M., while San Francisco was rewarded when the Jets named 49ers’ defensive co-ordinator Robert Saleh as their new head coach. In doing so, Saleh becomes the first Muslim American to coach an NFL team. While we are all for hiring equality, there is a certain bizarreness to the NFL policy. It seems like the teams that should be rewarded for hiring a minority are the teams actually doing the hiring, in these cases the Lions and Jets. In fact, one could see where the current policy could actually limit minority hiring opportunities if teams were reluctant to see an opponent get a couple of extra picks. The policy could also have the unintended consequence of rewarding better teams as teams hiring new coaches tend to be primarily bottom feeders that usually hire people currently working for more successful programs. But this is the NFL in which it seems that the next logical policy that the league comes up will be their first.
          Not to be selfish but its one reason I want the team to keep Pep - I mean, all things equal. He has a good track record with Herbert; he was OC for Luck in his best year in Indy - so the qualifications are there. So, he doesn't get a HC job this year but moves on to say the Dolphins as does a great job, moves up - they get the picks. That doesn't mean, I want Daboll to keep him just for this reason. Daboll needs to totally be 100% behind Pep H

But he hangs around with Daboll and Herbert - he might be on radars next year - Chargers get the picks.

Same with DC - the two names floated are Mayo and Eric Washington. Mayo could be an up and comer like Staley so you would get the picks

It does seem like this rule could be manipulated. Like why would the Falcons want to hire say Todd Bowles to help Tampa. Why would the Chargers want to hire Bienemy to help KC (granted, nobody seems to be hiring Eric Bienemy)

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I think it's backwards.

The team hiring those guys should ge the picks which would give more an incentive bit to be honest, I think it's lame to even be doing this at all,. but whatever.
            I'm not going to hire a minority DC just because I may get a couple of late round third rounders at some later date.

Those guys will be considered if we win. I'm hiring the best DC I can,...regardless of race.

I wonder why Leslie Frazier isnt getting interviews while I'm talking about it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I think it's backwards.

The team hiring those guys should ge the picks which would give more an incentive bit to be honest, I think it's lame to even be doing this at all,. but whatever.
              I'm not going to hire a minority DC just because I may get a couple of late round third rounders at some later date.

Those guys will be considered if we win. I'm hiring the best DC I can,...regardless of race.

Good points - I want the best coach regardless. But with respect to Pep - I do think he is a good candidate. Granted, if Daboll does take Dorsey or somebody other than Pep - thats fine too. Have to pick people you are comfortable with

Frazier interviews tomorrow with the Texans I read today.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good points - I want the best coach regardless. But with respect to Pep - I do think he is a good candidate. Granted, if Daboll does take Dorsey or somebody other than Pep - thats fine too. Have to pick people you are comfortable with

Frazier interviews tomorrow with the Texans I read today.
                I wouldn't count on Pep being the OC as Daboll will run his offense and Pep don't know it.

It does make sense to bring in Dorsey though Pep can stay as a QB coach and that would be cool but if they don't keep him, then they don't keep him.

Dorsey and Daboll have done fine developing Allen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Just read on PFT that the Eagles are going to interview Josh McDaniels

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Just read on PFT that the Eagles are going to interview Josh McDaniels
                    I think they want to interview Bieniemy and Staley as well. Staley will have plenty of time on his hands - Eagles, Texans for sure on his list.

Bieniemy or Josh McD with Wentz/Hurts -- hmm - interesting decision if they go offense

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I think it's backwards.

I look at it like the NFL is encouraging internal minority development to have a diverse workforce even at executive levels.
                      I won’t be surprised if there is continued changes to incentivize teams with openings as well.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Rodgers, the O Line, and coaching so good the Packers did not need Bakhtiari to dominate the Rams today. Rams have arguably the best corner in Ramsey but corners can't defend the run.
                        Don't overpay corners and continue to build the front 7 on D. Heyward and Harris should take big paycuts or be gone.
                        In consecutive playoff weeks Chase Young and Aaaron Donald have been shut down. The final 8 teams have very good O Lines, and only the Chiefs and maybe the Bucs are loaded at WR/TE.
                        This reaffirms my belief O Line is priority 1 after QB in today's NFL.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          Rodgers, the O Line, and coaching so good the Packers did not need Bakhtiari to dominate the Rams today. Rams have arguably the best corner in Ramsey but corners can't defend the run.
                          Don't overpay corners and continue to build the front 7 on D. Heyward and Harris should take big paycuts or be gone.
                          In consecutive playoff weeks Chase Young and Aaaron Donald have been shut down. The final 8 teams have very good O Lines, and only the Chiefs and maybe the Bucs are loaded at WR/TE.
                          This reaffirms my belief O Line is priority 1 after QB in today's NFL.
                          Preach it!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X