• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Perfect OC for Carroll’s offensive mentality.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Russell Wilson did come out and say they needed to run the ball more. Maybe AL is a fit.
      He won't be counted upon to make crucial decisions ( read: clock management) at that position so might be alright.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Perfect OC for Carroll’s offensive mentality.
        Interesting.
        comments about Lynn with fans worried he will hurt the pass game and is too conservative.

And then other comments saying in his 4 years he finished 2nd, 2nd, 9th, 7th in passing. So it won't be an issue.

And comments that in the 4 years with Chargers, Lynn in early downs 1st half play call, Chargers were above NFL avg in passing it on those situations. To point out that the perception he is too run heavy on early downs doesn't match up with reality.

Bradley to Raiders and possibly Lynn to Seahawks.

Wonder why other franchises think these coaches are worth bringing in? If they underachieved with Chargers. My opinion.....they are not bad coaches.
        Lynn vs Carroll happened once. At Seattle.
        Chargers won the game.

Bradley/Lynn vs Raiders over 4 seasons. 5 wins and 3 losses

So.....maybe it's because Seahawks and Raiders have been on the losing end vs them over the years....makes them see these coaches in a different way.

​​​​​​......anyways just a bit surprised to see them wanted so soon when it was said Chargers were a badly coached team......

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t intentionally go out to trash a pro-Rivers thread. But i find the demand that only pro-Rivers comments are allowed to be equally bizarre. Just me, i guess. Its a forum, random nobodies posting random or not-so-random thoughts. The urge not only to censor but righteously demand that this is moral and right and anyone who doesn’t post what is pre-approved discourse is bad, mean, evil and must be blocked, erased, punished ... fucking weird times we are living in. Perhaps I transposed a larger topic onto the narrow Philip thread discussion lol.

I’m just an aging rock n roll rebel - i don’t like conformity, generally mock consensus, and i hate any suppression of individual expression anywhere. This anti-expression demand sweeping the country is radical, unhealthy and dangerous. I don’t care what the viewpoint is - lets hear it. If i disagree I’ll say so or I’ll just ignore it.
          ^ This. A lot of people think I'm anti-Rivers. I'm not. I really did want him to excel, but when a player makes repeated avoidable mistakes, I think that needs to be pointed out. I heaped plenty of praise on Rivers when he was playing sound, smart football...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Interesting.
            comments about Lynn with fans worried he will hurt the pass game and is too conservative.

And then other comments saying in his 4 years he finished 2nd, 2nd, 9th, 7th in passing. So it won't be an issue.

And comments that in the 4 years with Chargers, Lynn in early downs 1st half play call, Chargers were above NFL avg in passing it on those situations. To point out that the perception he is too run heavy on early downs doesn't match up with reality.

Wonder why other franchises think these coaches are worth bringing in? If they underachieved with Chargers. My opinion.....they are not bad coaches.
            Chargers won the game.

So.....maybe it's because Seahawks and Raiders have been on the losing end vs them over the years....makes them see these coaches in a different way.

​​​​​​......anyways just a bit surprised to see them wanted so soon when it was said Chargers were a badly coached team......
            Most coaches get another job after being fired. Is this a shock to you? Even Bill O'Brien got hired as a OC, even if it is Alabama. Best college team out there.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Interesting.

Chargers won the game.

As they say, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. And as I kept telling others in the other thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lynn did get an OC job. McCoy did as well immediately after getting fired by us.

In terms of early down passing, he did much better in 2018 vs 2017. Not sure what the stats are for the past two seasons. It also requires context of when he had early passing downs. Was it early or late in the game when we were behind?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

As they say, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. And as I kept telling others in the other thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lynn did get an OC job. McCoy did as well immediately after getting fired by us.

In terms of early down passing, he did much better in 2018 vs 2017. Not sure what the stats are for the past two seasons. It also requires context of when he had early passing downs. Was it early or late in the game when we were behind?
                I think Lynn working with a coach like Carroll would be excellent for his career. He can see how a different organization does things. Carroll and Scheider are quite the duo. If he shows he can get that offense on track - that would help him again get interviews to be a head coach. I don't think he would have happened with the Chargers but maybe his next go around he will be better. I also think he could go the college route and be excellent for the college kids.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think Lynn working with a coach like Carroll would be excellent for his career. He can see how a different organization does things. Carroll and Scheider are quite the duo. If he shows he can get that offense on track - that would help him again get interviews to be a head coach. I don't think he would have happened with the Chargers but maybe his next go around he will be better. I also think he could go the college route and be excellent for the college kids.
                  Frankly it looks like Lynn missed that part of the traditional development
                  it may have served him well to be OC for a few seasons before HC
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

There was the simple context of it being 1st half of game. So that late game stuff doesn't apply.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

So imagine how Gus Bradley feels? They used Wiesenhunt's picture to announce Gus's hiring. Gus found out everything he needed to know about the attention to detail the organization has right at the start. TFF!!!!

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Jets, agreement in-principle.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

And then there four.