• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think he makes them the favorite in the AFCW and possibly gets them another SB win.
    I agree. In my opinion, Aaron Rodgers is the best modern day QB I have seen, so I certainly do not want to see him playing in the AFC west!! Just take a look at how badly his ex-coach has struggled with the Cowboys..

Although I do think Staley will elevate the Chargers to the level of perennial SB contenders, as well as SB champs.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

I wonder how many people the Donks would need to cut in order to fit Rogers salary into their cap?
      Heard that the Pack will not trade AR this year.
      Reasons
      - no draft capital to spend before this season (trading him only hurts possible received draft capital because he’d play for that team in 2021)
      - trade value won’t change after the 2021 season
      - GB is in complete financial control if he sits out as they save millions and recoup money via mandatory fines
      - gives them a year to see what else they have at the QB position
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I wonder how many people the Donks would need to cut in order to fit Rogers salary into their cap?
        The Donks actually have some pretty decent cap room. But, is it enough to accomodate a monster deal AR would command?

Denver Broncos

The Denver Broncos currently have $19.0 million in available salary cap space. Below is a more in-depth breakdown of the Broncos’ cap space:

The Broncos are able to carry over $17.8 million in salary cap space to their 2021 salary cap, as well as a $0.5 million adjustment. Therefore, the Broncos’ salary cap for the 2021 NFL season is $200.8 million. Entering the 2021 season, the Denver Broncos have a $161.4 million cap number on their top 51 contracts and $5.1 million in dead money. That gives the Broncos a top-51 cap number of $181.8 million.

The Broncos currently rank second in the NFL when it comes to cap space in 2021.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/n...ary-cap-space/

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Heard that the Pack will not trade AR this year.
          Reasons
          - no draft capital to spend before this season (trading him only hurts possible received draft capital because he’d play for that team in 2021)
          - trade value won’t change after the 2021 season
          - GB is in complete financial control if he sits out as they save millions and recoup money via mandatory fines
          - gives them a year to see what else they have at the QB position
          And there's another possible reason: Let AR sit and stew and realize who's in charge...if nothing else, sends a clear message to the rest of the team...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And there's another possible reason: Let AR sit and stew and realize who's in charge...if nothing else, sends a clear message to the rest of the team...
            If they go 7 - 10, and Jordan Love looks raw & not ready,
            that puts AR in charge,

and GreenBay would have pissed away one entire season:isser:

AJ Smith would approve of that type of message.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I don't want the Donks to get bailed out (again) by getting Rodgers.

Watching Lock flop around any given Sunday, and then appear indifferent to the Donkey beat reporters afterward is pure joy.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Slap that bitch down.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If they go 7 - 10, and Jordan Love looks raw & not ready,
                  that puts AR in charge,

and GreenBay would have pissed away one entire season:isser:

AJ Smith would approve of that type of message.
                  Not really other than a possible non playoff season in 2021.
                  GB could easily trade him to a bottom dweller team, that is QB needy, ahead of the 2022 draft (which looks to be poor QB quality).
                  GB would still be in contract control.
                  AR has zero leverage other than being a top 5 NFL QB.
                  He can retire. That is his only play which still requires him to pay all 2021 fines to GB.

Aaron Rodgers could lose out on more than $35 million if he refuses to play for the Packers in 2021

If things got so bad that Rodgers decided to sit out the entire season, it would get even more costly for the quarterback. Not only would he miss out on his $14.7 million base salary, but he'd also forfeit his $6.8 million roster bonus that was paid in March. The quarterback also would have $11.5 million in signing bonus money that the Packers could go after, and if he lost that, that would bring that total to $33 million for those three things alone.

If you combine the $33 million with the $1.75 million in training camp fines plus the unearned $500,000 OTA bonus plus the $93,085 in minicamp fines, that's $35,343,085 that Rodgers would lose out on.
                  That is $18.1 million AR would have to pay GB back out of his pocket plus the new 2021 $ lost.
                  Can he afford it? Certainly.
                  Would I pass up $33 mil for a few months because I didn’t like my employer? No but I’d certainly like to be in a position to decline.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

GB could easily trade him to a bottom dweller team, that is QB needy, ahead of the 2022 draft (which looks to be poor QB quality).
                    He can retire. That is his only play which still requires him to pay all 2021 fines to GB.

Aaron Rodgers could lose out on more than $35 million if he refuses to play for the Packers in 2021

That is $18.1 million AR would have to pay GB back out of his pocket plus the new 2021 $ lost.
                    Would I pass up $33 mil for a few months because I didn’t like my employer? No but I’d certainly like to be in a position to decline.

Does the GM want to keep his job?

I'm sure the fans will be patient.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Great breakdown. Looks like a no win for AR.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Fuck the Donks.

However, what is the value of the 3 #1s GB wants for Aaron Rogers?

With AR, DEN should be in the top 8 all three years, meaning bottom 8 choices in the first. If you chose to trade them all to move up in next year's draft, you might move to around #5 in the first. So maybe GB get a quality qb at #5. Maybe. A lot of luck is involved.

If I'm DEN, I don't want to give up 3 #1s, but its not that much to be a really good team for the next three years. DEN has a lot of talent. Without Rogers, DEN probably doesn't make the playoffs. With him, there's SB potential.

If I'm DEN, I bargain hard to get the price down, but ultimately I make the trade.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Does the GM want to keep his job?

I'm sure the fans will be patient.
                          There is no owner in GB to pay attention to fan reactions so Gutekunst doesn’t give two shits.
                          Another reason the Pack’s management may just let him sit out/pay them back/not collect $35+ million and/or force him to retire don’t to.
                          Gutekunst already drafted his QB of the future.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X