Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Arm length was an issue for me with Slater pre draft
    I'll never waste my time again looking at arm length during draft season.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Gruden vs dumbass smith haha
      that's your coach raider fans, enjoy.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Bob Buczkowski. He was a D-lineman, but horribly overdrafted.
        I mentioned Gallery, because he was supposed to be a generational talent at OT...oops, how'd that work out for the Raiders? Epic fail at OT, kicked inside to G, where he was more or less serviceable, but usually led the O-line in penalties every year...

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I mentioned Gallery, because he was supposed to be a generational talent at OT...oops, how'd that work out for the Raiders? Epic fail at OT, kicked inside to G, where he was more or less serviceable, but usually led the O-line in penalties every year...
          Is it worst than Jamarcus Russell?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

*IS* there such a thing as "worse than Jamarcus Russell"? <snork>

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

So La’el Collins of the Cowboys missed a bunch of his mandatory tests and then on top of that allegedly tried to bribe the test taker when he did show up? This should be a pretty big deal, no? And if Collins missed 5 games for not taking his tests, what kind of punishment does he get for attempted bribery?
              TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I would say Jalardus was the Raiders worst fail at QB, and Gallery the worst fail at O-line...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Yes, it was the first big push down the crap hole....they could have selected Rivers or Roethlesberger,
                  then avoided Jamarcus in 2007,
                  selecting Calvin Johnson, or Joe Thomas, or Adrian Peterson,..

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Arm length was an issue for me with Slater pre draft
                    I'll never waste my time again looking at arm length during draft season.
                    I still always look at arm length. It is just one of the many factors to look at.

It's just a mistake to ONLY look at arm length.

If a player has bad feet, he damn well better be a $20 cab ride to get around. But if a player has pretty good feet, arm length can be overrated.

There are plenty of people who look at the arm length thing and keep saying it is significant. They just seem to forget that the majority of players who are big enough to be an OT are also going to have arms well over whatever the arbitrary length is. So, that makes it a sample size issue much more than a real ability.

The flip side of it was about 10-20 years ago, a lot of people were saying that edge rushers HAD to have long arms too. Up till then, no one with arms below a length had more than 10 sacks in a year. But then after it got a lot of press, there was a sudden surge of players who had short-ish arm and still got more than 10 sack. Now there are plenty of players who have short arms who have had 10 sacks.

Hard to rank Gallery as one of the biggest busts ever. It is disappointing to have the 2nd pick in the draft not pan out at OT, but he was a pretty good OG for 6 years, before signing a 3 year, $15 mill contract with Seattle.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      So La’el Collins of the Cowboys missed a bunch of his mandatory tests and then on top of that allegedly tried to bribe the test taker when he did show up? This should be a pretty big deal, no? And if Collins missed 5 games for not taking his tests, what kind of punishment does he get for attempted bribery?
                      TG

Its the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones will promise to spend quality time with him as a mentor,
                      and the league office will go along with the charade.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

“Gruden wrote racist trope in ‘11 email” isall over the various media outlets

“Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires,"
                        Discuss amongst yourselves …. I didn’t feel personal outrage to want actual action but I’m old and white. People say stupid things, nobody’s perfect, and single comments shouldn’t be death sentences. Everyone, just in general, should lighten up just a bit.

But its 2021, so who knows? Gruden i guess is trying to say he was really saying something to the effect that he refers to someone lying by “rubber lips”. Thats fucking stupid. And of course he’s really sorry if anyone … blah blah …
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          “Gruden wrote racist trope in ‘11 email” isall over the various media outlets

Discuss amongst yourselves …. I didn’t feel personal outrage to want actual action but I’m old and white. People say stupid things, nobody’s perfect, and single comments shouldn’t be death sentences. Everyone, just in general, should lighten up just a bit.

But its 2021, so who knows? Gruden i guess is trying to say he was really saying something to the effect that he refers to someone lying by “rubber lips”. Thats fucking stupid. And of course he’s really sorry if anyone … blah blah …
                          It's news, but maybe we don't need this discussion in the main forum. I hate the 'cancel culture; period.

Comment

Working...
                          X