Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

A few thoughts......

Did anyone here ever even think the Chiefs could be 2 - 3 after 5 games? I wonder what odds you could have got in Vegas for that one.

I would rather have a coach that gets emotional over a loss than say an Anthony Lynn "aw shucks" type.

I believe that the Raiders are headed down a very slippery slope. More losses and a Gruden exit by Dec 1st.

I sincerely would like to thank the Steelers and the Bills.

Before I have hated the East Coast early games, but I feel that coach Staley will have them ready mentally and physically.

I think that Samuel probably got a call from his dad after the game, excoriating him more than coach did by benching him.

We will be 5 - 1 about 4:30pm est on Sunday.

This is fun. It's a good time to be a Chargers fan.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

As I wrote when I mentioned it, I am not sure how I feel about Campbell. On the one hand it shows he cares, he is genuine, and he is putting every ounce of energy he has into this and that he really feels for his players. On the other hand, some players may not find it too inspiring that the HC is so stressed about losing that he just needs a good cry in front of everyone. I have a soft spot for the Lions. I hope this all works out and motivates that team. They have lost a couple heartbreakers, that’s for sure.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Dick Vermeil cried every other week.

As for me, I've been a Chargers fan for 42 years. After so many years without a ring, I just don't feel the pain anymore.

I'm not sure what I'll do when we win it all, but I'm starting to believe this is the team. Maybe I'll break down at that point.

Imagine being an 18-year old Raider fan and you've experienced one winning season in your life, in response, they tell stories about the Super Bowl win their grandfather watched, to ease the pain.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It was unusual to see an NFL coach cry, but at the same time I think we have to get past the taboo against men crying. Men have emotions and should not be stigmatized when those emotions lead to a few tears. Damn, I wish my father had been able to cry. He was a sergeant in WWII and watched his men get slaughtered on a beach in France then was brutalized by the Germans as a prisoner of war. I don't think he ever cried. He was stoic and of that generation that internalized everything, crying was considered unmanly. It's something real men just did not do. He used alcohol instead to deal with it. Joey Bosa is part of a campaign to remove the stigma of mental health issues and to encourage people to confront it. Crying is a normal emotion for men and women. It's better for one's mental health to have a good cry every once in awhile, instead of holding everything in. It should be OK for men to cry publicly. I cry all the time when I think of my father, who died a broken down alcoholic when I was 15. I can't help it.
            Id rather see a man cry than drink to deal with it. Then they get drunk and may cry anyways but now they are an alcoholic. Nothing is good about being an alcoholic.
            Sorry to hear your story.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              A few thoughts......

Did anyone here ever even think the Chiefs could be 2 - 3 after 5 games? I wonder what odds you could have got in Vegas for that one.

I would rather have a coach that gets emotional over a loss than say an Anthony Lynn "aw shucks" type.

I believe that the Raiders are headed down a very slippery slope. More losses and a Gruden exit by Dec 1st.

I sincerely would like to thank the Steelers and the Bills.

Before I have hated the East Coast early games, but I feel that coach Staley will have them ready mentally and physically.

I think that Samuel probably got a call from his dad after the game, excoriating him more than coach did by benching him.

We will be 5 - 1 about 4:30pm est on Sunday.

This is fun. It's a good time to be a Chargers fan.
              Lynn was irritated after a loss but probably at himself for having no huevos to play to win.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Now with sound....for those who love NFLFilms music.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  Gruden just announced he will resign.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Gruden just announced he will resign.
                    Gus?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Gus?
                      I would guess he is the Interim HC for rest of year.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Too many emails from Gruden. Exposed himself for what he is. Despite what he said. So dumb. I guess Gus gets the top job?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

THis is bad news for us. I wanted Gruden to stay there and keep setting that team back (absent all this email stuff). It will either be Biasacca or Gus as interim.

Sounds like Gruden denigrated women, minorities, LGBT, you name it in his emails. Stupid to do it. Stupid to think it. Most stupid to write it.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X