• Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT has had MANY reaches over the years, not just Pip:

Teo was a reach and a semi-bust
    Attaouchu was a reach and a bust
    Mager was a reach and a bust
    Tuerk was a reach and a bust
    Don’t forget Tillery, Feeney, Kelly, Tuerk, Mager, Watt etc.

Nwosu and Murray are almost entering this category as well and he traded up and gave up picks to draft Murray.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I read somewhere that the league could award St. Louis a franchise to settle this. That would again make an odd number, so they would want to add a 34th team. Would be great if was SD. If the SD council had any canhones, they would have sued the league as well and forced Spanos to leave the name and colors behind like Cleveland did to Modell.
      Well oakland is suing too so if the league can’t handle the legal fees, they too would be looking at getting a team. Let’s face it, the owners don’t want to pay the settlement with st louis which is rumored to be a shade under a billion bucks. It would cost them nothing to expand, actually they get paid by new owner so if st louis bites and settles for a team instead of the money they’ll probably get it.
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I read somewhere that the league could award St. Louis a franchise to settle this. That would again make an odd number, so they would want to add a 34th team. Would be great if was SD. If the SD council had any canhones, they would have sued the league as well and forced Spanos to leave the name and colors behind like Cleveland did to Modell.
        I think the league would be loathe to add more franchises. It would unbalance the balance that having 32 teams gives them: Two conferences with four 4-team divisions each. It allows the league to employ a set formula for things like scheduling. It's harmonious and balanced. Creating one division in each conference with 5 teams would throw that out of whack.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

^^^as for san diego getting a team. IDK, two years ago I’d actually would’ve jumped for joy at the thought, now I think we got the best of it, we’re rid of the NFL and we still get to enjoy our beautiful bolts 1hr 20 minute drive away getting more respect and attention because they’re in LA too. I’m too much of a charger fan, I think I’d stay a bolt fan, too much invested in them already. I just can’t see myself rooting for an expansion team.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
            I heard the NFL offerred the broncos to jeff bezos, i was surprised to read that he turned them down, now it’s starting to make sense…
            Bezos maybe just isnt interested in the NFL or sports. He is a nerd afterall playing space games. Hec i think its good the NFL gets brought to its knees some. They are fucking this league up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
              Send him to the bad news Bears or the Lions or hec, the Jaguars,, Miami or the Jets. Why would Pittsburgh have a problem with the those AFC teams? Though they likely arent wanting to take on players that are older.

Mel just dont realize he isnt that good anymore and isnt that much help.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT has had MANY reaches over the years, not just Pip:

Teo was a reach and a semi-bust
                Attaouchu was a reach and a bust
                Mager was a reach and a bust
                Tuerk was a reach and a bust
                I dont think Attaochu was a reach but he didnt pan out for us thats for sure. I recall there were many who didnt think he would last to our 2nd round pick.

His only healthy year with us he had a typical Mel type of year for us w/ 6 sacks, 55 tackles, 15 Tackles for loss and 17 QB hits.
                Then injured all the time after that second season which was his downfall. Did ok in Denver as a rotational player.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think the league would be loathe to add more franchises. It would unbalance the balance that having 32 teams gives them: Two conferences with four 4-team divisions each. It allows the league to employ a set formula for things like scheduling. It's harmonious and balanced. Creating one division in each conference with 5 teams would throw that out of whack.
                  I think NFL cares about money more harmony.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bezos maybe just isnt interested in the NFL or sports. He is a nerd afterall playing space games. Hec i think its good the NFL gets brought to its knees some. They are fucking this league up.
                    Some months ago it was reported he was hot for the chargers, maybe he’s just waiting for a particular club to come available?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

On the one side harmony and owners having to come out the pocket for a cool billion or odd scheduling and they receive 15-20 million a head by awarding st louis an expansion team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Some months ago it was reported he was hot for the chargers, maybe he’s just waiting for a particular club to come available?
                        By who? Many written articles out there with no credibility.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

By who? Many written articles out there with no credibility.
                          I’d have to go back and find them, I think one came from the UT. The author made a connection between the disgruntled Spanos sibling and bezos, I don’t remember now what that connection was. Almost like she was trying to broker a deal with bezos to force the siblings to sell, IDK. Used to be I could retain things I read like a computer but now, not so much

Comment

Working...
                          X