• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Just because I loath the donkeys......

Thats the reality and RBs need to figure out it out pretty soon. Maybe in college - redshirt a year. Like the guy at Clemson, Etienne - I applaud him for going back to Clemson but he is losing a year of prime earning potential.
    I am not sure if the rules need to change for Running Backs (meaning no more 4 year deals for RBs) or running backs just need to realize the landscape of the current economic model.,

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Why is everyone in a hurry to spend what cap money we have left? You folks do know that money can roll, and can be useful in resigning our best players, like Bosa? The draft is in April...we can get a RB and reciever then...probably pretty damn good ones.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Because Spanos is cheap and he hates Rivers and doesn't even like puppies!

I am with you and thankfully, so is Telesco. Winning the offseason according to the pundits never seems to translate into winning the actual season.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Because Spanos is cheap and he hates Rivers and doesn't even like puppies!

I am with you and thankfully, so is Telesco. Winning the offseason according to the pundits never seems to translate into winning the actual season.

TG
          I think it was "You want a contract extension for $60 mil for two years and you had how many picks? We're not sure you have anything left in the tank...we'll go another way!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

yet another example of me being wrong
            I thought mattyP would turn out to be a fine HC
            hilarious and horrible mess all together
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I have been ass up in getting my entire company set up in work from home mode, so I have been WAY out of touch. I'm sorry to lose Adrian, I really liked the kid. Gordon only getting 13.5 guaranteed makes my day one last time as he so PISSED me off last year with his bullshit. Now I, as always, hope the Broncos suck a collective egg next year.

Other observations are that the Raiders loaded up on some pretty good players and I wonder just what they gave MM? I have never seen any contract or offer details. Also I LOVE the report that Chris Harris turned down a 3 year Raider Deal for a 2 year Charger deal, he is now a new favorite. Danny Shelton went really cheap IMHO. He would have been a nice piece at that price. It seems that bargin season has begun on the lower tier FA's. Lots of small deals yesterday and I am shocked as hell that Arthur Blank got Gurley for what he did. I live in Atlanta so that will be fun to watch. I think TG wants to tear the division a new asshole but will the knee cooperate???

Well off to log in for a Saturday temperature check at work..........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Why is everyone in a hurry to spend what cap money we have left? You folks do know that money can roll, and can be useful in resigning our best players, like Bosa? The draft is in April...we can get a RB and reciever then...probably pretty damn good ones.
                The cap is going up a lot next year - granted -- the Chargers have a lot of free agents: Bosa, Allen, Williams, Tyrod, King, probably Jenkins. So yes, they can roll money but if you can get a guy like Peters to stabilize left tackle - one year deal - its something to think about. I doubt I would lock up a guy like Robby Anderson long term as that takes too much of next years cap. But this year, maximize

I just look at the Saints - they didn't have any cap space and they were able to get
                Tender Hill
                Sign Brees
                Sign Jenkins
                Sign Peat
                Sign Emmanuel Sanders

So this thing about cap space is a myth - if you are creative and have cash and are willing to be "flexible" - teams work around stuff to win

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  I have been ass up in getting my entire company set up in work from home mode, so I have been WAY out of touch. I'm sorry to lose Adrian, I really liked the kid. Gordon only getting 13.5 guaranteed makes my day one last time as he so PISSED me off last year with his bullshit. Now I, as always, hope the Broncos suck a collective egg next year.

Other observations are that the Raiders loaded up on some pretty good players and I wonder just what they gave MM? I have never seen any contract or offer details. Also I LOVE the report that Chris Harris turned down a 3 year Raider Deal for a 2 year Charger deal, he is now a new favorite. Danny Shelton went really cheap IMHO. He would have been a nice piece at that price. It seems that bargin season has begun on the lower tier FA's. Lots of small deals yesterday and I am shocked as hell that Arthur Blank got Gurley for what he did. I live in Atlanta so that will be fun to watch. I think TG wants to tear the division a new asshole but will the knee cooperate???

Well off to log in for a Saturday temperature check at work..........
                  13.5 guaranteed is pretty good considering his entire contract is 16 mil. He is now the 4th highest paid RB per season ave since Freeman got released.

Raiders have signed 8 free agents. But I wouldn't be gushing just yet. They did that last season and one some here wanted, had a bad season ( Joyner). Tyrell had the foot problem and missed games.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The cap is going up a lot next year - granted -- the Chargers have a lot of free agents: Bosa, Allen, Williams, Tyrod, King, probably Jenkins. So yes, they can roll money but if you can get a guy like Peters to stabilize left tackle - one year deal - its something to think about. I doubt I would lock up a guy like Robby Anderson long term as that takes too much of next years cap. But this year, maximize

I just look at the Saints - they didn't have any cap space and they were able to get
                    Tender Hill
                    Sign Brees
                    Sign Jenkins
                    Sign Peat
                    Sign Emmanuel Sanders

So this thing about cap space is a myth - if you are creative and have cash and are willing to be "flexible" - teams work around stuff to win
                    So are you saying,
                    based upon a superficial look at things,
                    that Ed McGuire is incompetent ?

Of course this is not true.

The Chargers simply have different circumstances,
                    and a different model for managing the cap,
                    then do the Saints.

LAC cap profile vs NE cap profile.
                    Post Brees era...
                    Compare and contrast.

opcorn:
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So are you saying,
                      based upon a superficial look at things,
                      that Ed McGuire is incompetent ?

Of course this is not true.

The Chargers simply have different circumstances,
                      and a different model for managing the cap,
                      then do the Saints.

LAC cap profile vs NE cap profile.
                      Post Brees era...
                      Compare and contrast.

opcorn:
                      Ed Maguire is good at managing a cap situation based on how Dean Spanos allocates the funds for the Chargers payroll. The Chargers always spend "to the cap." But other teams seem to play games with the cap year over year. My real career - I am in finance so things like the NBA Cap or NFL Cap are interesting too me as its analytical and numbers - which is my "day job." So I follow Joel Corry and Jason from OTC.com on twitter, read Bobby Marks from the NBA for that type of insight of how to manage the cap

Each team has their own business model. I am just saying - if the Chargers truly wanted to be "creative" in the Rivers era - they had the means. Granted, the Saints will pay a consequence at some point. There is no getting around they will have a very large dead cap figure the year after Brees retires.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Good answer !!!!
                        So did Mickey Loomis sell his soul to the Devil ?
                        I think so...
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Good answer !!!!
                          So did Mickey Loomis sell his soul to the Devil ?
                          I think so...
                          Yes and No. You can't blame them going all in on Brees - but at least the RAms made it to the Super Bowl.

Saints truly going all in this year - if they don't win this year - they might have to blow it up.... signing Jenkins and Sanders - both are 33

The Chargers signed good players but one reason I wanted Pierce and Trufant over Joseph and Harris: age and well Trufant knows the scheme. But again, good signings and will trust Telesco chose the rights ones. (As the contracts are pretty similar actually).

Comment

Working...
                          X