Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ed Maguire is good at managing a cap situation based on how Dean Spanos allocates the funds for the Chargers payroll. The Chargers always spend "to the cap." But other teams seem to play games with the cap year over year. My real career - I am in finance so things like the NBA Cap or NFL Cap are interesting too me as its analytical and numbers - which is my "day job." So I follow Joel Corry and Jason from OTC.com on twitter, read Bobby Marks from the NBA for that type of insight of how to manage the cap

Each team has their own business model. I am just saying - if the Chargers truly wanted to be "creative" in the Rivers era - they had the means. Granted, the Saints will pay a consequence at some point. There is no getting around they will have a very large dead cap figure the year after Brees retires.
    Cap management can go as far as the owner’s deep pockets. Guaranteed/up front $ are player drivers and the owners that can offer significant guaranteed $ often are able to structure contracts that obscure the yearly max CAP $ allocation.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

13.5 guaranteed is pretty good considering his entire contract is 16 mil. He is now the 4th highest paid RB per season ave since Freeman got released.

Raiders have signed 8 free agents. But I wouldn't be gushing just yet. They did that last season and one some here wanted, had a bad season ( Joyner). Tyrell had the foot problem and missed games.
      Not gushing but I like Littleton and Kwiatkowski at LB. Not bad with Apple, Nassib, Heath, Collins and MM, etc. All of these guys together could be considered "pretty good" as I said........

Just my 2 centavos......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Not gushing but I like Littleton and Kwiatkowski at LB. Not bad with Apple, Nassib, Heath, Collins and MM, etc. All of these guys together could be considered "pretty good" as I said........

Just my 2 centavos......
        I think the LB additions were very strong. Some of the others are good depth. But no doubt the LB additions were strong.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

13.5 guaranteed is pretty good considering his entire contract is 16 mil. He is now the 4th highest paid RB per season ave since Freeman got released.

Raiders have signed 8 free agents. But I wouldn't be gushing just yet. They did that last season and one some here wanted, had a bad season ( Joyner). Tyrell had the foot problem and missed games.
          Me after seeing that they signed Jason Witten .:rofl: They've got one of the best young TE's in the league,and they go out and sign a guy that isn't gonna be happy riding the pine. :facepalm1:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Me after seeing that they signed Jason Witten .:rofl: They've got one of the best young TE's in the league,and they go out and sign a guy that isn't gonna be happy riding the pine. :facepalm1:
            They have two good ones. Gruden loves his old guys

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

They have two good ones. Gruden loves his old guys
              Fuck, that's right.... I totally forgot about Foster Moreau. He was coming on strong before he got hurt late in the year.

Which makes the Witten signing even more ridiculous.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Fuck, that's right.... I totally forgot about Foster Moreau. He was coming on strong before he got hurt late in the year.

Which makes the Witten signing even more ridiculous.
                They just signed WR Nelson Ahgolar....that's 9 free agents now lol.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Seriously?!? I really look forward to him dropping passes all year for them. :lmao:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

building through free agency has usually been more activity than accomplishment

will have to see how it shakes out as they still have a draft so thats 7 more players possibly

churning the roster

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

building through free agency has usually been more activity than accomplishment

will have to see how it shakes out as they still have a draft so thats 7 more players possibly

churning the roster
                      They've improved on D, but none of the 3 moves they've made to date on O will really turn things around on that side of the ball.

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Cap management can go as far as the owner’s deep pockets. Guaranteed/up front $ are player drivers and the owners that can offer significant guaranteed $ often are able to structure contracts that obscure the yearly max CAP $ allocation.
                        Outside of person service contracts how can this be done? I'm very curious.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one but did Todd Gurley get cut by the Rams?
                          Is he still hurt? Does he still demand big bucks? Could he survive better sharing a backfield with 2 other backs( read: Ekeler and Jackson)?
                          Don't get me wrong- I'd still love to grab a work horse in the 3rd or 4th but a year of Gurley wouldn't be bad, would it?

Comment

Working...
                          X