• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Poor Browns fans, also like the Colts fans before them, have to suck it up and embrace Jacoby Brissett fever. Jesus.

Also of note, the Panthers have the #1 overall and the the #3 overall QBs in the 2018 draft on their roster.
    5th round pick. Pretty cheap for a guy who threatened to end QB hell in Cleveland. He will have another chance to prove he’s a starting caliber NFL qb. Browns will hand the ball off a lot to Chubb and Hunt and wait for DeShaun

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

The Mayfield trade complicates things for the 49ers and their options to dump J. Garoppolo. The team with the biggest need at QB now is Seattle, and the 49ers aren't going to trade him there. They may have to release Jimmy GQ outright (and he may end up in Seattle anyway). Garoppolo has gotten the 49ers to two NFC Title Games and one Super Bowl in the past three seasons. And they're going to move on from him and put their faith in an unproven young kid who many have questions about.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

5th round pick AND Browns pay half his salary this year. Mayfield was polarizing here in Cleveburg but he is a scrappy, Drew Brees type QB who could have a decent career if he puts in the work Drew did. But here to fore, his ego, temper and immaturity have gotten in the way of him focusing like he needs to. And he needs to recognize he is a limited player who must play within himself and the system.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Living in NC I follow the Panthers some. I think this is a good solution for both teams. As much as Mayfield has had some issues I think its a good situation for him to restart. Cleveland created a mess imo taking on Watson but whats done is done…getting Baker gone is the only solution so some compensation is better. Carolina taking on only $5m salary and a 5th is a steal for a young imo good qb. Interesting to see what happens in Carolina now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The Mayfield trade complicates things for the 49ers and their options to dump J. Garoppolo. The team with the biggest need at QB now is Seattle, and the 49ers aren't going to trade him there. They may have to release Jimmy GQ outright (and he may end up in Seattle anyway). Garoppolo has gotten the 49ers to two NFC Title Games and one Super Bowl in the past three seasons. And they're going to move on from him and put their faith in an unproven young kid who many have questions about.
              Yep, sounds very complicated...... For the Niners. Release him and Seattle can sign him a lot cheaper and a lot less cap hit than if traded. I think, without looking at the numbers anyways. And agree, I wasn't a fan of Trey Lance coming out so this is a big gamble. But Jimmy was also hurt often.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Well, at least I won't have to watch those damn Progressive commercials anymore.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Trivia Time.

Tony Franklin was a placekicker in the NFL who played for the Eagles, Patriots and Dolphins. His 872 points aren't the most of all time by a long shot, but those 872 points are a record for something else. What?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Trivia Time.

Tony Franklin was a placekicker in the NFL who played for the Eagles, Patriots and Dolphins. His 872 points aren't the most of all time by a long shot, but those 872 points are a record for something else. What?
                    Barefooted kicker?

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Barefooted kicker?
                      Yep. Most points scored by a barefoot kicker. Franklin was the first barefoot kicker in the NFL, breaking into the league in 1979 as a 3rd round draft choice of the Eagles. He spawned a generation of barefoot NFL kickers in the '80s. Not all kickers kicked barefoot, not even a majority. But there were several, including Rich Karlis, who used to kick for Denver, in the snow, with his foot bare. These guys felt they could kick further - better torque without a shoe/sock absorbing the kicking energy - and have better control over where their foot met the ball. But shoemakers developed special cleats for kickers and the barefoot trend died out. The last barefoot kick was in a mid-season game in 2002 by the Rams' Jeff Wilkins. But Wilkins put on a shoe the following game and never took it off. He was the last of a breed.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Back in my day, things were so bad that even kickers in the NFL couldn't afford shoes. So they had to kick barefoot. Even in the snow.

True story.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                          Living in NC I follow the Panthers some. I think this is a good solution for both teams. As much as Mayfield has had some issues I think its a good situation for him to restart. Cleveland created a mess imo taking on Watson but whats done is done…getting Baker gone is the only solution so some compensation is better. Carolina taking on only $5m salary and a 5th is a steal for a young imo good qb. Interesting to see what happens in Carolina now.
                          If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have one.
                          John Madden
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X