• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    On the game yesterday... the HOF game is probably the worst game to project from, but it looks like the Jags have a long way to go, even with a Superbowl winning coach. Lawrence might be the real deal, but I don't think he'll be vastly better once the season starts, but I wish they played him. I have no eval on the Raiders, but it looks like McDaniels isn't going to be "Joshy".
    that game was really important to mcdanals, he only sat car, waller, renfro, adams, and miller, the jags sat like 13-15 guys by comparison. In addition to that, mcdanals started stidham whose been in his offense for 4-5 years straight. I wouldn’t read too much into what happens in any preseason game…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Shock&Awe
      Great White North
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      On the game yesterday... the HOF game is probably the worst game to project from, but it looks like the Jags have a long way to go, even with a Superbowl winning coach. Lawrence might be the real deal, but I don't think he'll be vastly better once the season starts, but I wish they played him. I have no eval on the Raiders, but it looks like McDaniels isn't going to be "Joshy".
      He can't be any worse than he was in Denver. If he is he might as well just stay the OC in New England until retirement. A lot of time to mature and reflect on what went wrong.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Chain is fixin to put a horse’s head in Collingsworth’s bed
        I used to like collingsworth like 10-15 years ago, he was funny and he made fun of himself etc. but I think the more established he has became the more the ego has become ridiculous, he’s a real prick now and announcing is full his personal biases and just not what it once was. He talks like he just doesn’t give a rip anymore, it’s also telling with his son being on his broadcasts and network that he’s not afraid to be accused of nepotism. Power changes people and I think chris has become influential at NBC…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

The Rams should be calling Rivers.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            The Rams should be calling Rivers.
            Do you think stafford will need that tommy john surgery? The reports say he’ll be able to play as long as he can tolerate the pain. I think that type of pain will definitely affect his passes. Plus numbing it too often could mess up his elbow permanently because it deteriorates bone, cartilage, and tendon tissue according to an article on ESPN.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Do you think stafford will need that tommy john surgery? The reports say he’ll be able to play as long as he can tolerate the pain. I think that type of pain will definitely affect his passes. Plus numbing it too often could mess up his elbow permanently because it deteriorates bone, cartilage, and tendon tissue according to an article on ESPN.
              How far out of the race can LAR afford to get while waiting for Staffords return? If it’s as bad as it sounds, it could be a long recovery time. You can’t tell me that Rivers, with his fresh arm, isn’t the best qb available.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

How far out of the race can LAR afford to get while waiting for Staffords return? If it’s as bad as it sounds, it could be a long recovery time. You can’t tell me that Rivers, with his fresh arm, isn’t the best qb available.
                Would Phil come back to LA? Rivers and Herbert in LA? That would be something.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

It’ll probably end up being gerapolo or darnold, there are some QBs available via trade still. Plus wolford already knows the scheme it wouldn’t surprise me to see the rams roll with him.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Would Phil come back to LA? Rivers and Herbert in LA? That would be something.
                    i’d love to see PR play again but he might be done, he’s enjoying his post retirement career teaching young HS players…

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post

He can't be any worse than he was in Denver.
                      One can hope.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: For all his talent, Rivers has one nagging negative: He panics in crunch time...I think he's done...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: For all his talent, Rivers has one nagging negative: He panics in crunch time...I think he's done...
                          panic? I don’t know about that, the guy pushed it later in his career but earlier on he was clutch, I mean the guy was money on third downs and when the game was on the line. Years of playing behind subpar offensive lines would have taken a bigger toll on a lesser player. I can even talk trash about dan fouts every now and again and he’s a hall of famer plus part of my handle, but I just can’t talk bad about PR, the kid got a raw deal and anyone that played with torn ligaments in a game to potentially send us to the superbowl I’m always going to have to pause before I talk shit about him.

Comment

Working...
                          X