• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    I’d love to have an owner with real money
    It’s hard to gauge since there’s been bad and good owners w/ deep pockets. Are you getting a Paul Allen or Dan Snyder? I also honestly don’t think real money is what has been holding us back.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      If I was Spanos I'd be working on a sale. No reason to have $3.5B to $4B toed up in one assest if I have no other assets.
      He's have a lot of happy family members like nieces and nephews.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s hard to gauge since there’s been bad and good owners w/ deep pockets. Are you getting a Paul Allen or Dan Snyder? I also honestly don’t think real money is what has been holding us back.
        I generally agree about day to day operations. But an owner with $50B may not have moved the team to LA to increase its book value. I can’t tell what portion of TPB is LA vs old SD gang, maybe that grows less important as the months go by.

I just know my brother would come back home to Chargerville if they went back to SD. I miss watching games with him.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I generally agree about day to day operations. But an owner with $50B may not have moved the team to LA to increase its book value. I can’t tell what portion of TPB is LA vs old SD gang, maybe that grows less important as the months go by.

I just know my brother would come back home to Chargerville if they went back to SD. I miss watching games with him.
          Kroenke is one of the richest owner in the league and he bolted for LA because of the market there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I'd rather they be in SD than LA but I don't live in SD anymore and haven't for many years so it didn't hit as hard , yet it still was a real downer for me.

However I do not like LA teams so I still don't call them the LA Chargers and have no shirts or anything that has LA Chargers on it. What I have just says Chargers or older SD Charger shirts or hats.

Was hoping they would be the Las Vegas Chargers instead of LA.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-06-2022, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              If I was Spanos I'd be working on a sale. No reason to have $3.5B to $4B toed up in one assest if I have no other assets.
              If the Broncos are worth $4.5B, they could probably get $5B for an LA team on the rise.

I'm sure his sister and other family members (those that don't work for the Chargers) are saying the same thing. He promised them he would look for a buyer in a year or two.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If the Broncos are worth $4.5B, they could probably get $5B for an LA team on the rise.

I'm sure his sister and other family members (those that don't work for the Chargers) are saying the same thing. He promised them he would look for a buyer in a year or two.
                No stadium. Building new team facilities in Costa Mesa will help compensate a bit.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Rams did not extend Donald. They just paid him more money for the years he was already under contract. How do you all feel about that? I mean put the “I hate Spanos” stuff aside for a moment and think about what they just did to the rest of the league. What if Bosa holds out now and wants more money added to his current contract just because?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I'd rather they be in SD than LA but I don't live in SD amore and haven't for many years so it didn't hit as hard , yet it still was a real downer for me.

However I do not like LA teams so I still don't call them the LA Chargers and have no shirts or anything that has LA Chargers on it. What I have just says Chargers or older SD Charger shirts or hats.

Was hoping they would be the Las Vegas Chargers instead of LA.
                    I'm exactly the same. When i speak of them, I just call them the Chargers.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Likely his reason for wanting to move the team to LA. In SD it isn't worth 5B. I don't need the deepest pocketed owner, just one that cares most about winning.

The Padres new Owner is a welcome change and they have been comptitive.
                      Since they ended up not trading Hosmer I wonder if the owner said he didn't care about the luxury tax? Since that is what I was reading they were trying to get under by trading him.

The Dodgers don't seem to care.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm exactly the same. When i speak of them, I just call them the Chargers.
                        I’m getting used to it. Much happier they are in LA rather than LV or San Antonio

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Rams did not extend Donald. They just paid him more money for the years he was already under contract. How do you all feel about that? I mean put the “I hate Spanos” stuff aside for a moment and think about what they just did to the rest of the league. What if Bosa holds out now and wants more money added to his current contract just because?

TG
                          Stars should be treated like stars. This is not MGIII. This is Aaron Donald.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X